Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

I went riding..for a week

Packed up and went to Maine for a week for the holiday, first vacation of the year and I sure needed it

Todd and I packed up the toys Friday night and got a early start Saturday morning for the trip north. After the 5 1/2 hour drive in a underpowered sad example of an american work truck (ford) we pulled into my camp where we were planning on staying the first half of the trip. We unloaded and get settled in...this picture has fun all over it

Right away, we started riding the trails on my land. It was pretty dry and I even managed to make one loop with the KTM on pilot powers..without falling (though I did get stuck on a downed tree).

Enough with the dirt, it was time to grab some grub. There's a little BBQ in Monson that we usually try to stop in and grab a sandwhich at. Talk about flavor in the food, everything is cooked/smoked over a wood burning fire...the taste is unreal!!

The following day we had to get off the streets and on the ATV trails. I didn't feel like changing the wheels on the KTM, and didn't feel like riding the Rappy a few miles down the road so I took the KTM Motarded. I was pretty impressed at how much fun it was, we covered 60 miles of dirt roads and trails that day. For those that have been there, it was the Kingsbury dam loop (remember that real muddy trail?) Fun time, I'm just glad it was dry

It's not like you can have a simple fire in Maine?

Beleive it or not, we spent an entire day riding the trails on my property. There's quite a maze in there now, a few face slappers here and there but other than that, pretty clear.

Tuesday we got up early to head over to Todd's grandmothers camp for the rest of the weekend. Once we got settled in over there, it was time to ride again. I needed some rear brake pads for the Rappy so we went to the Yamaha dealer near Moosehead lake, that's always a fun ride for sure... miles of wooped railroad bed, some trails..and a killer little oval track off to the side of one We saw a bull moose off of ITS 85, can you spot it in the picture?

4th of July..

We took a quick ride over to see my aunt in the morning, Todd's wife was heading up and we wanted to be back when she showed up. My aunt wasn't home so it was a short visit anyways, it was another fun trip riding the trails with street wheels

We wanted to go to Moosehead lake for the fireworks that night but traffic in and out of Greeneville is gridlock for this event. Why drive when we can ride offroad? I haven't done much night riding in the past but man was it fun. I was a little surprised though to see so much car traffic on the ATV trail after the fireworks
    My camera sucks at night, here's one from the fireworks..

Thursday I made another attempt to visit my aunt..again with no luck. My uncle said she'd be there after 1 pm so I rode into town to grab some lunch and make a couple phone calls (limited service in that part of the state..haha)
    I was at her house at about 2:30 and she wasn't home yet..I hung around for an hour and took off. Turns out she stopped at a friends for a drink..or two...or six

I got back and it was time to give the bike a good cleaning...and wouldn't ya know it, I brung all my cleaning junk with me

Check it yo...there's 3 hours labor sitting there

Nikon, this is what wheels should look like

Friday morning I'm heading to my aunts for the final time, gear up, fill the Rappy with fuel and off I go. I took my time heading there as I knew it'd be my last ride for the week. My aunt was home and I stayed for about an hour, hello, goodby
    Figures, very little rain all week, and I get stuck in a downpour on the ride back and get soaked!!

Well, I had a clean bike and I didn't want to go home with one being clean and one being dirty...so I spent another couple hours that afternoon cleaning the quad We got everything loaded up Friday afternoon and were planning on leaving early Saturday morning. Yeah, I was looking forward to another 320 miles driving a slug (ford)

I lost track of mileage, it wasn't impressive for the amount of time there but it sure was fun and felt great to get away from everything for a week.
    I was home today by 12:30pm, unloaded all my crap, cleaned myself up a bit and was installing ridge venting on my house by 3pm

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

Great post......

CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 KTM 560 SMR - 2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2002-2006

sounds like fun

is the bull moose close the middle of the picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhavesh View Post
    sounds like fun

is the bull moose close the middle of the picture?
    Yes it is, middle and favoring the left side. It crossed the trail in front of us and just kinda walked into the woods. You could see it before I downsized the picture

Yamaha

Sounds like a great week! Except for the 6 hours of cleaning bikes... I feel ya pain, Last weekend after me and the G/F got home I spent 3 1/2 hours cleaning my two bikes. They looked great afterwards, but wow what a chore on a Naked bike.... All the little nooks and cranny's you have to get into....

Thanks for sharing

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Quote Originally Posted by Half Squid View Post
    6 hours of cleaning bikes...
    kinda waste when they are only going to get dirty again

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Well we all have a better idea how Randy's bed must be kept.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    kinda waste when they are only going to get dirty again

Bikeless

When you rack up the kind of mileage Randy does, then you can have the honor of sleeping in said bed.

Is it a jewel or a tool?

Wipe her down and then go beat the crap out of it.

ok

[QUOTE=Currently;382311]When you rack up the kind of mileage Randy does, then you can have the honor of sleeping in said bed. QUOTE]

Bikeless

how were the slicks on the trail? didn't u just get a yfz? why didn't u bring it.

Quote Originally Posted by x2468 View Post
    how were the slicks on the trail? didn't u just get a yfz? why didn't u bring it.
    They weren't exactly slicks but may as well have been for the conditions. It was very dry up there so they were surprisingly good in most sections. Mud spots and lose gravel/stone were the only tricky parts.
    The YFZ is a MX quad, not the best for trails. I had the Raptor up there for my quad fix

And as far as cleaning my stuff, it makes me feel good riding around on something clean!! If you want to ride around looking like a grub, have at it

Yamaha

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Nikon, this is what wheels should look like
    Even when on dirt you're a clean freak huh?

Bras cause cancer.

Marks Mark, Randys Randy, the rest fall inbetween.

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.