Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Rim Sizes?

Rim Sizes?

Does anybody know off hand If my RC's rims will fit the R1?
    I have new rims for the RC, and I was thinking of swapping them with the R1 Rims, and selling the R1 rims on E-bay.

Anybody know? Or want to but some rims?

The R1 Rims are 3 spoke painted the Factory Black, The RC's are 6 spoke, also a factory Black finish.

The R1 has a damage report from the Salage / needs to be repaired to pass inspection report, It lists the Front rim, but there is no visual damage.. I am going to take it off and put it on a balancer to see if they are bent or warped before I sell them.

If it is tweeked I will be swapping both the front and rear with the 6 spoke RC rims. The new RC rims are about 8 lbs lighter, They are a set of 5 spokes from a 2003 RC.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Rim Sizes?

Balancing may not pick up a damaged rim. I had a bent rim on my R7 and the bike rode fine. The dealer picked up on it with a accident inspection, they used some sort of eraser type marker on a jackstand while the bike was on a front stand. One spot would knock the marker off the stand when it hit. I confirmed it and messured how much it was off when i got home using a dial indicator, something like .30 ?

Just a guess but i'd say the RC wheels will not fit the R1 without some costly bearing and spacer changes

Yamaha

Rim Sizes?

I agree with mark. Just show them a reciept from the wheels you bought for the RC and leave the original ones on. They will never know. As far as feeling a minor flat spot, You won't. My race bike has a flat spot on one of the front rims and you don't even notice it.

G-man

Gerard

Rim Sizes?

Receipt??
    I can get a receipt for everything listed on repair slip that my friend is writing up saying his shop repaired/replaced everything on the list, so there is no question it will be accepted by the inspectors!

I will be doing all the reapairs myself and only need to fully replace a few items which I already have on order. Cant wait to ride it!

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...