Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

RIP Firefighterk19

RIP Firefighterk19

Keith Johnson was a fairly new member on here, and started racing LRRS this year. He suffered a stroke on July 27th and passed away the 31st. He was from my town and came to see me race a couple times last year. Maybe some of you met him at the track. Here's a link if anyone wishes to help out his wife and children-
    Help for Keith, Lora and Family by Mary Elizabeth - GoFundMe
    Meal Train for The family of Keith Johnson

Keith in our 4th of July parade

[IMG][/IMG]

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Lifer

Re: RIP Firefighterk19

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Sheesh. Sorry Doug. RIP

Heartbreaking for a family to go through. Sorry you lost a friend

05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

Holy crap! He was at the last round on his bike he bought from Kevin Wimble. He and his family pit across from me in the infield. I'll let Savvas tell us more about his story as I think he knew him. He was really excited to start racing this year.

Last edited by Tas; 08-02-16 at 09:23 PM.
    2004 SV650
    1979 GS 850GN
    2005 Tt-r125
    NEMRR #246 - Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersports

We weren't close, uncle of a friend's ex-girlfriend. I've definitely reflected on the fact that life is short, and he got to take a few checkered flags before he went If anything, I'll get going on things I've been putting off "for someday"

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Quote Originally Posted by Tas View Post
    Holy crap! He was at the last round on his bike he bought from Kevin Wimble. He and his family pit across from me in the infield. I'll let Savvas tell us more about his story as I think he knew him. He was really excited to start racing this year.

Keith was a great dude and honestly one of the kindest hearted people I have ever met. I know people say stuff like that every time someone passes away but I truly mean it.
    He has been trying to get into racing for a while now, however things like finances and family related issues prevented for more than a decade for him. He had a nice blue and black R1 to ride on the street.
    We became friends last year and over the winter he decided he wanted to come and help at the IOM.
    When he mentioned he needed help getting into racing I happily provided my knowledge and experience as well as a bike for him to attent penguin and his first race weekend. The CMP crew was nice enough to allow him to garage with us and everyone made him and his family feel very welcomed.
    It was pretty amazing seeing someone fullfilling a life long dream and being part of it.
    Keith loved every second of being at the track. As sad as it is that he left so soon and unfair, know that the last few months included some of the happiest weekends of his life (his words not mine).

Tell the people who you love, that you love them often and don't take anything for granted because life can turn upside down in a second.

From Keith's wife:
    We will be having a celebration of Keith's life on Saturday August 6th at 2pm at the Cabot School Gym. There will be an informal service with a lunch/dinner to follow. During the celebration following the service we would love for family and friends to share their favorite story or stories about Keith. Anyone who would like to come to support the family is welcome! If anyone has pictures of this amazing man please send them to Lora Byers Johnson, Mary Johnson, James A Johnson, Samantha Villeneuve, myself or any of us we are trying to put together as many memories as we can!!

Also from Keith's wife to LRRS community:
    Thank you to everyone that sent my husband and our family your prayers, love and positive thoughts. Keith was removed from life support tonight around 7:45pm and slipped away peacefully not long after. Keith loved racing and was so happy to be a part of your racing family. Thank you to those of you who helped him out with tips or tools or just acceptance. You helped make his dream come true.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Damn. Rest easy.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Horrible loss. I didnt know him outside of the track but from knowing him there I dont see any reason why he wouldnt have been well liked and respected.

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

Shit, man. SO terribly sorry...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

FaK. I was so looking to hang with him at the IOM in 16 days. this sucks! he was solid. RIP..

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers