Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Road Glide vs. Street Glide

Re: Road Glide vs. Street Glide

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Dealership tee-shirts, poker chips, and now little tiny bells you're supposed to hang under your bike somewhere? Who comes up with this stuff?
    Few years ago sat on a plane next to the owner of the HD dealership in Charleston, SC.

His gross revenue from merchandise exceeded his new motorcycle revenue (they sold lots of used ones and parts as well - just new Moto’s). He said they had a downtown storefront. And that summer Saturdays they sold so many tshirts they had to resupply once or twice from their warehouse.

An amazing brand success in this day and age when so many companies spend so much on “branding.”

But the whips - I just don’t get the whips.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    You're actually not supposed to buy the bells for yourself, another more piratey rider is supposed to gift them to you. I think it's an off-chute of "hold my pocket" but I'm told dramatically decreases your chances of having to lay her down.
    Yep, someone's supposed to gift it to you. My wonderful friend when I got my first Harley? Well he gifted me a gremlin bell that was a penis hanging by a Prince Albert piercing

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Crank and primary oil swap on the road piggie this weekend. I'm used to making a mess when I spin the filter off. Not used to the mess trying to fill the primary makes. Guess I need to buy that $10 filler do-dad or make something.

Also cleaned the air cleaner. I don't think anyone had done that to this machine yet. Also looks like I'll be in the market for a new rear tire sooner than I expected. I think I'm somewhere over 12k miles; ~8 of which are mine.

Should wash the gd thing at some point too.

Great bike. Do not regret buying it.

Lifer

Any of you bagger types have any recommendations for brake pads? I'm not due yet but I usually like to have 1x of the consumables on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Crank and primary oil swap on the road piggie this weekend. I'm used to making a mess when I spin the filter off. Not used to the mess trying to fill the primary makes. Guess I need to buy that $10 filler do-dad or make something.

Also cleaned the air cleaner. I don't think anyone had done that to this machine yet. Also looks like I'll be in the market for a new rear tire sooner than I expected. I think I'm somewhere over 12k miles; ~8 of which are mine.

Should wash the gd thing at some point too.

Great bike. Do not regret buying it.
    I just changed all my fluids Saturday. Getting the oil filter on/off is a pain in the balls with the new bike having the oil cooler sitting right there. Getting a filter that has the nut on the front of it makes it easier, as it's nearly impossible to get an oil filter wrench on it.

As for the primary, I have a funnel with a long, skinny neck that I picked up at either Walmart or Autozone that works pretty well.

Lifer

I bought the harley filter wrench that has the side cut out of it to clear the crank sensor. Works well enough.
    I've considered spending the $10 for the fancy filter cup that slides under the filter as you spin it off. I hear it doesn't work very well. The dribble isn't the end of the world. Couple squirts of WD, little brush action and a wipe down with a shop rag and we are good 'nuf.

I have a similar funnel. Still managed to make a big effing mess. Also 20W-50 flows SLOW through those long neck funnels.

Kinda love the nearly zero maintenance drivetrain though. I've yet to get a deflection gauge for checking the belt. But I'm sure it is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    You're actually not supposed to buy the bells for yourself, another more piratey rider is supposed to gift them to you. I think it's an off-chute of "hold my pocket" but I'm told dramatically decreases your chances of having to lay her down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Few years ago sat on a plane next to the owner of the HD dealership in Charleston, SC.

His gross revenue from merchandise exceeded his new motorcycle revenue (they sold lots of used ones and parts as well - just new Moto’s). He said they had a downtown storefront. And that summer Saturdays they sold so many tshirts they had to resupply once or twice from their warehouse.

An amazing brand success in this day and age when so many companies spend so much on “branding.”

But the whips - I just don’t get the whips.
    I can TOTALLY see the merch outselling the actual product.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
    Yep, someone's supposed to gift it to you. My wonderful friend when I got my first Harley? Well he gifted me a gremlin bell that was a penis hanging by a Prince Albert piercing
    Yeah, that's why I axed. A buddy handed one to me a couple weekends ago and explained it. Even had a card with it that also 'splained. I thought he was fuckin' with me until I read the card. Again I say, what in the actual fuck?

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Put the bell on and lay er down Jay. It's inevitable!

Paul_E_D

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345