Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Rolling Tool Chest

Re: Rolling Tool Chest

Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    I have the 26" "portable" toolbox. It is full-full. Not overly portable anymore. I can't imagine having the 36" and filling it. These things are pretty heavy empty.
    that is same box I have, my plan was to eventually get 2, one for metric, the other for SAE, but I don't have enuf room for extra 10mm, so I think I'll go for a bigger one, and move my metrics to that, I don't have a lot of SAE, and the 26" box would be perfect. However, I think I'll get a cart, before a second box

I like the way they display the tools, no hunting thru a different drawer to get a ratchet, and a different drawer for a box end wrench, and yet a different drawer for a screwdriver

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

I just have a Craftsman rolling cabinet that I got at Lowes. Perfect for my mostly metric tools for the bike. The SAE stuff has gone into a carry box for the boat projects. Then I started reorganizing the garage and adding the one time use (hopefully) tools I've accumulated for the house. Thinking of a top box for it, or another roller. I guess it comes down to quickly filling a top box or throwing junk into the big drawers of another roller. But I do like the look over going from a "half stack" to a "full stack". Funny now some of the specs mention number of USB ports. At first I laughed then thought phone and rechargeable flash light are usually out when i'm working on something in the garage.

2013 ZX6R-636

are there any cheap tool sets that come with a tool box? something I can throw in the truck/trailer for an emergency?

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    are there any cheap tool sets that come with a tool box? something I can throw in the truck/trailer for an emergency?
    Define cheap and define set?

Almost everything will come with some kind of plastic setting and almost everything will come with mostly fill "fluff" to make the total number of pieces look better.

I've bought something like this and used it with success as emergency/track basic kit for like $70

https://www.walmart.com/ip/STANLEY-9...hrome/16491607

Before you throw a portable tool box full of stuff into a vehicle, I would think about what could break that would strand you that you could fix with those tools, but without a new part on hand.

What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
    First you screw, then you bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by golden chicken View Post
    Before you throw a portable tool box full of stuff into a vehicle, I would think about what could break that would strand you that you could fix with those tools, but without a new part on hand.
    Most of that I cover with the parts already (spare belts, hoses, fluids, etc). I want a set or two of tools that I won’t care if I lose or get rusted or whatever but will be handy if I need.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12