Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Route Boston to Philly

Route Boston to Philly

Anyone know of a decent scenic route from boston to philly that won’t take more than a full day. Some highway is fine, just don’t want to be on it all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

suburban ghetto living... black's Avatar

Re: Route Boston to Philly

Cut through bear mtn once you get to ny state

After that google new hope pa. Then van sant airport. If those areas look interesting I can give you more specific directions

What part of philly or the suburbs ?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Cut through bear mtn once you get to ny state

After that google new hope pa. Then van sant airport. If those areas look interesting I can give you more specific directions

What part of philly or the suburbs ?
    Mount Laurel, NJ. I may be having to commute there weekly. I’ll fly sometimes, but I figure riding will be better than driving the other times

Lifer

Its not really a better ride than flying. Traffic is to erratic in to many places. A simple 3 hour ride turns to 7 or 8 pretty quickly. I was commuting from hartford to camden weekly and it was aweful. I even bought a goldwing to make it more better, which it did, but not enough to continue doing it. Plus the weather forecast is shakey the further you look out and i was stuck in rain from the second i left jersey to the time i got home too many times.
    I ended up buying a decent beater car to make the journey. Flying was a problem in the winter months and i kept getting stuck in airports. The bike was nice every now and then though but only on glorious summer weeks.

We drive to Princeton NJ regularly via 84/684 and the Mario Cuomo Bridge. I believe that is a bit N of Mt Laurel.

As others have mentioned, the next Hudson crossing N is the Purple Heart Memorial Bridge, which is S of West Point and leads to several state parks. The W part of NJ is also surprisingly rural, though zi suspect your route is then getting up to 8-9 hours driving.

Advrider is really the place to ask this question, someone might have even saved a GPS route.

Lifer

I also was doing the boston to camden trip and that was too much to handle weekly. I moved to my closer ct house to make it more tolerable. Gps is your friend if you want to make any decent times. Bear mountain has terrible traffic on sundays and is best avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    I also was doing the boston to camden trip and that was too much to handle weekly. I moved to my closer ct house to make it more tolerable. Gps is your friend if you want to make any decent times. Bear mountain has terrible traffic on sundays and is best avoided.
    How did you like the goldwing? I was thinking of the 2018, but I may just get another Indian chieftain. I have a multistrada, but the buffeting is killing me and is no fun on the highway, at least a touring bike will be more tolerable on stretches of highway and traffic

suburban ghetto living... black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jewcati View Post
    Mount Laurel, NJ. I may be having to commute there weekly. I’ll fly sometimes, but I figure riding will be better than driving the other times
    ooooh... shudder.. that's a rough route. one you get near trenton coming from the west. it becomes like the interior of 128, except with better cheeseteaks and pizzs.

Doylestown and Van sant airport would swing you too wide west for a regular commute.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by black; 04-08-19 at 07:11 AM.
    hmmmm......

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Jewcati View Post
    How did you like the goldwing? I was thinking of the 2018, but I may just get another Indian chieftain. I have a multistrada, but the buffeting is killing me and is no fun on the highway, at least a touring bike will be more tolerable on stretches of highway and traffic
    The goldwing made it a much better trip. I tried it with my hornet and foolishly with my r1 first and neither was great. The goldwing was better all around but really shined in the poor weather. The rain protection alone was worth the upgrade. The storage space it offered was great too since I was bringing a weeks worth of clothing back and forth everytime.

As I understand it the roads around Deleware Water Gap are pretty fun.

2023 KTM 890 Adventure R