Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Rubber-neckers

Rubber-neckers

I was on 114 in peabody and there was a fender bender in the right hand lane, and both cars got pretty crunched. They pulled off to the side of the road and there were 2 unobsructed lanes as there should be. I was 2 vehicles behind the accident so I didn't think I was going to be bothered by it at all.

The accident happened after car 1 slowed down because a car pulled out of a parking lot, and car 2 wasn't paying attention. We were in a bit of traffic so car 1 was probly slowed to the low teens and car 2 continued to travel brakelss in the 20's into the rear of car 1.

All of the cars behind the accident came to a comoplete stop, or very close to it. Once cars 1 and 2 pulled over we began to move again, or should have.

I was in a rush to get home because the rain that was forcasted to fall was starting to roll in, and 114 was already slightly congested.

The lady in front of me (bad visual, but I'm guessing 40's) took her foot off the the brake and the car began to roll, then she broke again to see the cars. I could see her leaning into the passenger seat to get a real close look over.

The car in front of her was already a couple hundred feet up and the left lane was moving quick so I coulnd't get over. I was instantly frustrated with this ladies blatant disregard for the people behind her that wanted to keep on moving.

I could have honked, but my horn is a weak peice of crap that wouldn't have gotten the job done. I clutched my ZX-11 with a full Muzzy exhaust and snapped the throttle open. I pinned it quick and hit the limiter, and I saw this lady jerk and almost fall over into the passenger seat.

She looked back at me, I waved at her telling her to move on, and I made sure to show her I was pissed that she was driving so slowly. She began to move on and I was able to merge into the left lane. I pulled up next to her, and gave my exhaust another quick volume check before I pulled away.

I just read the thread about the guy kicking another car in traffic, and I want to know if any of you gusy thought I was out of line. I always hate when people slow down to check out an accident if it's safe to continue to travel at the speed of traffic, but this lady was out doing herself actually leaning over across the car.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rubber-neckers

You should have punched her mirror off.

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Rubber-neckers

for some reason I always get aggressive female drivers around me when riding. I can't remember how many times they gave me the finger (for no particular reason).

I think you did exactly what I would have done.

Carlton
    My facebook

Rubber-neckers

You should have thrown a water bottle at her.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Littering and........

Rubber-neckers

Rubbernecking is irritating. Perhaps next time the stupid bitch will watch where she is going for fear some crazed person on a motorcycle will kill her. Nice work.

Rubber-neckers

you should have got in front of her, hopped on the tank, faced her, and started peeing all over her winshield as suggested by another member in the other thread.

Rubber-neckers

Or!... or!.. or!....

You could have accepted the fact that people are drawn out of curiosity to look at things they find unfamiliar. Realized you had already gotten a better look then she had, Noted that she was going to slow and going to look LONG before she did and moved around her so as not to startle and give a bad impression of bikers.

That is what gets me here and in the other thread. WE need to act more appropriately when on our bikes so as to try to negate the negative impact of the "squids" out there. People are going to remember the bad, obnoxious stuff for far longer than they remember the nice appropriate stuff.

Now let me further elaborate and say that I am FAR from perfect in these endevors and most likely would have acted EXACTLY the way you did, but hindsight is 20/20 and we all might learn form this.

You feel me?

BTW, Try being on the scene of that accident and being worried about all the traffic and rubber neckers as well as your patient and the hazards on the scene, then all of a sudden you hear a revving engine and wonder if that is going to be another crash... possibly into you.

Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Rubber-neckers

^ i'm with doc.... ride away

after pissing on her hood, throwing her gas cap into the intersection, smashing her car, tearing off her arm and hitting her with the wet end and finally something about a spark plug.... na i'm kiddin.....ride away. the world is full of a-holes. there's too many to take on all at once. just don't be one.

Rubber-neckers

I've done the engine rev more than once. Including at Louden when trying to make it to a race. After 20 seconds of waiting patiently for a car to move while they are having a nice conversation with someone in the turn 3 stands, I drive by and let them hear my 500cc's of fury.

I'd like to think that people realize we're trying to correct a behavior.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Rubber-neckers

I would have pooped on her face

Rubber-neckers

A long horn beep would have been enough. The exhaust thing just makes you look like an ass hole.

Bruce

Rubber-neckers

Quote Originally Posted by mycirus View Post
    A long horn beep would have been enough. The exhaust thing just makes you look like an ass hole.

Bruce
    "Do these pants make my ass look fat?"
    "No, your ass makes your ass look fat!"

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Rubber-neckers

This is a reply to Doc. I always yell and scream about rubber-neckers on my bike or in a car. When I'm traveling down the freeway in my car and I see an accident that's off the road or a cops lights flashing, I always make a point to look straight ahead.

I don't want to be a hypocrit and I have seen accidents before. Telling myself that it's not soemthing I need to see, I get a chance to watch all the people in front of me try their damn best to get a good look.

I understand peoples curiosity factor, but this lady was passing the cars within a few feet. They had not pulled off the road, just to the side, and we were in the right hand lane. She saw the hood and bumber all crumpled, I promise. Granted I did have a better veiw of the scene because I was on my bike, but she broke and was traveling slower then 1st gear in her car would allow. That's too much of an attempt.

I know what I did was an a-hole thing and that it might have her veiw 'bikers' in a more negative light now. That's why I asked for a third parties perspective.

The thought about me scaring people already started by the crash had not crossed my mind. Good point. I'm sure somebody near the accident scene was on edge, and I may have made then jump as well. I'm sorry.

The reason I did what I did was because of the rain. It was extremly close (I actually got caught in it anyway). If I did not feel the need to quickly get home I would have been angered by the lady, but in a case where I had more time to get home; I would have simply beeped and waved.

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Rubber-neckers

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    "Do these pants make my ass look fat?"
    "No, your ass makes your ass look fat!"

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Rubber-neckers

What gets me is when the accident is on the OTHER SIDE of a 6 lane highway and traffic gets backed up on the side WITHOUT the accident. All because of morbid human curiosity.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Rubber-neckers

Quote Originally Posted by jimaug87 View Post
    The reason I did what I did was because of the rain. It was extremly close (I actually got caught in it anyway). If I did not feel the need to quickly get home I would have been angered by the lady, but in a case where I had more time to get home; I would have simply beeped and waved.
    So you scared a lady, made here think riders are scary punks, possibly made some wounded guy jump and paralyze himself for life... gave all those people around you a good listen to your pipes... for what? So you wouldn't get a little wet?

As I said before. I most likely would have done the same thing you did, BUT I have learned from your mistake. Thanks.

It is just like the water bottle incident. Yep the guy in the car was an ass, maybe he was having a bad day, maybe he was a Harley rider who hates "squids", maybe he PRECIEVED the motorcycle rider to be doing something foolish. Whatever his reason to throw the bottle it was not right. It also was not right for the rider to act the way he did.

I learned from that too.

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Littering and........

Rubber-neckers

I disagree.

I think we need more road rage. I think if people were just a wee bit nervous that some psycho might smack them around, they'd drive a bit more carefully. I think police should write big, fat tickets for things such as rubbernecking and driving slowly in the left lane, not using blinkers, etc.

yes, it makes me a crazy red neck, and I know this.

Rubber-neckers

Quote Originally Posted by highsider View Post
    I disagree.

I think we need more road rage. I think if people were just a wee bit nervous that some psycho might smack them around, they'd drive a bit more carefully. I think police should write big, fat tickets for things such as rubbernecking and driving slowly in the left lane, not using blinkers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Rubber-neckers

Quote Originally Posted by highsider View Post
    I disagree.

...doh...

the reason I try not to engage in this stuff is because I always assume that the OTHER guy IS a psycho!!!

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Rubber-neckers

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    ...doh...

the reason I try not to engage in this stuff is because I always assume that the OTHER guy IS a psycho!!!
    Haven't you figured out yet that being psycho is a requirement for NESR membership? Sheesh!

Now the question that begs to be asked is:

Do two psycho's cancel each other out or does their impact grow exponentially?

Rubber-neckers

Quote Originally Posted by Currently View Post
    Haven't you figured out yet that being psycho is a requirement for NESR membership? Sheesh!

Now the question that begs to be asked is:

Do two psycho's cancel each other out or does their impact grow exponentially?

!!!!!!!! CRIPPLE FIGHT !!!!!!!!

Rubber-neckers

I'm always very appreciative towards car drivers, If they keep their distance when behind me or let me cut in front of them I let them know that I appreciate it by giving them a thank you wave. I hear outback has good food if u wanna go there

Rubber-neckers

Oh absolutly. If a driver ever shows courtesy towards me or if I squeeze between two cars I let them know that I appreciate it. It's the inept drivers that cause me to fume and sometimes make a foolish mistake.

Rubber-neckers

You should have followed her home, knocked her out, threw her in the trunk of her own car, driven to a remote location, raped her, and threw her back in her trunk, then walk back to your bike and go home and watch the Red Sox.

That would have showed her.

Actually I don't see what's wrong with how you reacted. People are worried about making others think you're making bikers look bad, well, she's being a typical dumb bitch behind the wheel of a car stopping in front an accident when she should be moving. She got the hint.

"It is important never to forget where u all came from — becoz black, white, brown or pakistani we all come from de same place — de punani."
    -Ali G

Triumph Daytona 675 SE