Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

New Bike!

New Bike!

OK, screw repairing the old classic I was working on...

I just bought myself a 2000 Triumph TT600 for $3550

Any good Triumph sites out there? Tips/Tricks for this bike?

Cheers,
    Chris

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

New Bike!

congrats, dude!
    euro forums on sportbikes.net and cycleforums.com are pretty active...

also triumphrat.net...

not that i've been looking, or anything

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

New Bike!

www.snobtruimphs.com J/K ! Nice bike, great price!!

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Thumbs up Lots of resources out there

Nice choice, great price. A starter:

TriumphRAT.net

There's also a TT600/Speed4/Daytona 600 site and mailing list that you should sign on at. I'll see if I can find it, but there may well be a link right on the site for Jack Lilley Triumph in England.

Oops! here it is:

TT600 site/list

There is also one very elite, snobbish, upscale, ultracool group of Northeast Triumph Sport Riders around somewhere....or so I've heard.

2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

New Bike!

Cool, thanks guys!

It seems there's quite a few neat sites out there with info... About the only two complaints I can find about this bike is that when dry it weighs like 70lbs more than triumph docs say it does, and the 2000 models had an evil flat/stumble spot in the RPM's at about 5K that can be fixed with a remap... Everyone says the chassis/suspension is square, which is great.

Can't wait to pick it up!

Cheers,
    Chris

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

New Bike!

Just curious, but where are you buying it? One of my NTSR members, Adam, has had the TT600 he traded in at Great Bay for a Daytona 955i on their sales floor for l_o_n_g time. I think it's been about a year now, and last time he was there about a month ago, he could still visit his old sweetie.

BTW, if you're a good boy and willing to do a "20 questions" round with me via e-mail, I may extend the invite to join that elitist group of Triumph riders.

New Bike!

Found it on ebay. Placed a bid for $50 more than what the highest bid was a few hours before close, and amazingly, noone outbid me. You can still see the ad for it <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=6716&item=2476190076&sspagename=STRK%3 AMEBWN%3AIT">here</a>. It currently lives in Oakham, MA.

Dunno if I am a "good boy", but drop me a line via email at cstpierre@cogitatio.NOSPAMNOSPAM.net and I'll see your 20 questions and raise you 20 more

I have to admit, with all the sportriders on this board, I thought someone might know the seller...

cool ho

yellows faster so say MS

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

New Bike!

Originally posted by hohum
    <snip>..it lives in Oakham

I have to admit, with all the sportriders on this board, I thought someone might know the seller...
    I'm surprised indeed that I don't know the owner, as I live right next door to his town, in Spencer. I'll betcha I do know who sold it to him though.

If the bike is really in the condition it appears to be, you got a f'n GREAT deal on it! I'll shoot you an e-mail.

Congrats! When you picking it up?

New Bike!

I have "planned" to pick it up on the 15th. I say "planned" because I still need to convince my friend with the truck to drive me out there to grab it

Guy who is selling it is in a classic Triumph club out there, is friends with "the Triumph guy" at performance cycle in Shrewsbury.. When I look on ebay, for the sellerid, after he sold the TT he bought a 1969 T120R

I'll check my email.

Cheers,
    Chris

New Bike!

A cupla things:

1) your e-mail link didn't work for me, check your PM's here.

2) The "Triumph Guy" at Performance Cycle just became a "BMW Guy" across the street from PC at Wagner BMW Motorcycles, after MANY years at PC. He's now their service manager. Quite a shock to all his good customers, no one saw that coming.

3) If you get in a bind, I may be able to help out a fellow Triumph rider. I live only a few miles from your bike and have a trailer, secure transport for those VERY rare Triumphs that don't get ridden home.

New Bike!

hrm, was it the NOSPAM in the email link?

correct link should be cstpierre@cogitatio.net

I'll check my PM's. If I could arrange to get the cash out there to get the title and get it registered to ride it home, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but since I get home from London on the 11th, and can't get out there till saturday (when the registry is closed, grrrrrrr) it ain't gonna happen. I'll get to ride it on monday when the registry opens... as much as that sucks.