Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

rule #1

rule #1

Khan, I think you should fold up Keith Code and put it away and go take MSF basic.. and keep taking it over till you get it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

rule #1

if you're properly executing step four, you're not chopping the throttle.

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

rule #1

Originally posted by RandyO
    Khan, I think you should fold up Keith Code and put it away and go take MSF basic.. and keep taking it over till you get it.
    I second that

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

rule #1

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

I Dance With Will

rule #1

maybe your're right. now i thinkg about it, i kind of remembered the SR and the only thing i rememberd well is the 4 basic turning steps which i lumped it into 1.

i dont remembered the ideal line, the effects of how quick you turn or the turning point.

and im not going back to MSF. you can go back if you want.

edit; and i know what i said in the earlier post was wrong. so sue me you "chicken fuck"

Last edited by Kham; 05-06-04 at 03:10 PM.
    "fuckit!"

rule #1

You didn't pass MSF Basic, and now you're reading Code's books?

He's primarily teaching you how to get around a track fast. Of course there's connections for streetriding, but not unless you've got the basics down.

Reading books won't teach you confidence; only practicing will. Definitely go back to MSF. Until you pass it'll be a thorn in you're side and will definitely affect your confidence, wether you realize it or not. It'll also affect your insurance rates!

Didn't you mention before you also had Total Control by Lee Parks? He's got exercices [with layout schematics] to train with.
    He also has some focus on the street. That'll get you much more bang then deciphering Code's technical discussions.

I Dance With Will

rule #1

ok listen. what i failed is a written communication on this message board. it's like a whisper effect from one end of the line to the other end. that's all im gonna say.

you guys are killing me.

"fuckit!"

I Dance With Will

rule #1

tarmac, im curious. did you read the book?

"fuckit!"

I Dance With Will

rule #1

im taking this as an insult. you go by couple of my incomplete posts.

i thought the bike community is little more friendly than this. but then the one bad apple principle never failed.

"fuckit!"

rule #1

Originally posted by Kham
    tarmac, im curious. did you read the book?
    I studied Code's TW II for about a week before my first track day. It taught me about reference point (RP's) selection and memorization, keeping the throttle cracked after settling the bike in turns, looking far through the turns, and blipping the throttle while downshifting to maintain smoothness. That's about all I remember.

I bought Total Control last year and practiced a couple of his layouts at vacant parking lot about a mile from my house. I liked it; it was more about techniques on the track, but I think he talked a bit about carrying over good practices for the street like delayed apex turns, low-speed work, 2-up riding, etc.... I bought it more for the cone-layouts I could use to tinker with.

I wasn't trying to humiliate you about the MSF; I was emphasizing it's importance for getting the very basic moves down before studying high speed cornering drills(and MSF is VERY basic stuff)

Somewhere I read that you can generally tell how well somebody rides by looking at how they perform low-speed maneuvers. I'm sure it doesn't apply to all good riders, but it's not a bad idea to learn low-speed control. It's easier to train because all you need is a parking lot, not a track, and you can show off those skills at the beach!

Good luck however you do it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12