Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

running on the LE

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

running on the LE

Originally posted by sanfelice
    no shit?? seriously? i mean the telling them to fuck off and riding off part.. if you responded like that around here, you'd be eating a lovely entree of bituminous.
    they had NOTHING, no reason at all to pull us over. other than to harrass us. we were doing nothing wrong. i even asked them how fast i was going....

LEO- about 62
    ME- what the speed limit?
    LEO- 55
    ME you stopped me for 7 over? are you seriously going to write me a ticket for that?
    LEO- no... we just wanted to see if you would run.
    ME- what did you just fuckin say? to see if we would run? are you fuckin kidding me?
    LEO- no .. we are really cracking down on the motorcycles around here now. its called (no joke i swear) operation "MC hammer" (the MC meaning motorcycles and hammer meaning "hammering down")
    thats about the time all hell broke loose. flipping off the camera on the dash that was supposedly "recording everything you say" and then flipping off the Helocoptor, when asked why i responded "because hes working for you assholes!"

i was a tornado of anger. call it harrassment, call it doing their job, call it entraptment, call it whatever you want. i call it uncalled for

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

running on the LE

is this one of those fish stories?

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

running on the LE

Originally posted by richw
    The LEO's have input in most laws...

I said they spent 5% doing useful things

too generous..?
    You are so full of shit it's not even funny. You are gonna try to tell me that beat cops on the street have any say in the laws being made? Give me a break. All the cops I know (and I know a lot of them, they comprise most of my friends) do nothing but bitch about the laws. They have NO say it the laws that are being made - they are just paid to enforce them. Most cops choose a profession that get absolutly no respect because they truely want to help people. As I said - there are bad cops just like there are bad people in every possession. Sometimes the ones people have runs ins with are the bad ones and that does leave a bad taste in your mouth - they are also the ones that make the news and get the press coverage. You rarely hear about the good ones. The ones that arrest a husband beating his wife with a phone and helping the woman get the counceling she needs (happened here last night).

Of all the police I've ever met, and I've been on both sides of the coin, I can say that only 2 or 3 of them did I ever say "he's in it for the 'power' ". Unfortunately it does happen. Some people just want to be in authority and carry a gun but MOST are actually there to help you in whatever way they can. I have a feeling that you are the type to only have dealings when you're doing something wrong but in your eyes you're not because you think the speed limits are BS. NOBODY cares if you think that the speed limits are BS or if you think that crack should be legal or people should be allowed to "insert anything illegal here" - if you agree with the laws or not, you still need to obey them. If you don't obey the laws, you are subject to being dealt with accordingly and if you don't like that, it's not the cops fault. They see you doing something wrong - it's their job and their integrity and their oath to stop you.

You're an old arrogant asshole and your mind will not be changed and I am not trying to change it. Just saying that you should try to put yourself in their shoes at some point. These are people that want to do good, most of them and I am tired of the same old BS from you about how all cops are bad and only 5% of the time do anything useful. Have an open mind - ride along with one on a Fri or Sat night and see what they deal with on a daily basis, maybe then you wont be so foolish.

Bras cause cancer.

running on the LE

Originally posted by TheIglu
    I love how this conversation turns up every time a cop is mentioned
    I honestly try to stay out of it but when it turns into a cop bashing thread, well, that pisses me off. I know too many and they are ALL good people and good cops. I have when my friends get bashed for no reason. Saying a specific cops is an ass is one thing, they are out there and I know 1 or 2 but to say all cops only do 5% actual good - that's just foolish.

Bras cause cancer.

running on the LE

Originally posted by SVRACER01
    they had NOTHING, no reason at all to pull us over. other than to harrass us. we were doing nothing wrong. i even asked them how fast i was going....

LEO- about 62
    ME- what the speed limit?
    LEO- 55
    ME you stopped me for 7 over? are you seriously going to write me a ticket for that?
    LEO- no... we just wanted to see if you would run.
    ME- what did you just fuckin say? to see if we would run? are you fuckin kidding me?
    LEO- no .. we are really cracking down on the motorcycles around here now. its called (no joke i swear) operation "MC hammer" (the MC meaning motorcycles and hammer meaning "hammering down")
    thats about the time all hell broke loose. flipping off the camera on the dash that was supposedly "recording everything you say" and then flipping off the Helocoptor, when asked why i responded "because hes working for you assholes!"

i was a tornado of anger. call it harrassment, call it doing their job, call it entraptment, call it whatever you want. i call it uncalled for
    oxx, i never realized you were straight up gangsta like that.

running on the LE

if you responded like that around here, you'd be eating a lovely entree of bituminous.
    i responded like that one day i got the billy club and a nice ride to the station oh and a towing of my bike.. gay cop

02 R1
    06 WRX STi Sold
    01 RC51-STOLEN
    03 XR400 R(TARD) - Sold

running on the LE

Originally posted by Nikon
    You're an old arrogant asshole and your mind will not be changed and I am not trying to change it. Just saying that you should try to put yourself in their shoes at some point. These are people that want to do good, most of them and I am tired of the same old BS from you about how all cops are bad and only 5% of the time do anything useful. Have an open mind - ride along with one on a Fri or Sat night and see what they deal with on a daily basis, maybe then you wont be so foolish.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

running on the LE

i always try to think of the good cops whenever i have a bad experience. my dad was a statie, my cousin's a cop, and other friends are cops. all great people just like most of them out there.

running on the LE

Originally posted by bump909
    i always try to think of the good cops whenever i have a bad experience. my dad was a statie, my cousin's a cop, and other friends are cops. all great people just like most of them out there.
    suck up

02 R1
    06 WRX STi Sold
    01 RC51-STOLEN
    03 XR400 R(TARD) - Sold

running on the LE

Originally posted by Nikon

I agree with you somewhat but it's kind of like when you join the military. YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR SIGNING UP FOR! So there is no need to be a dick just cuz you can!

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

running on the LE

Originally posted by rmbbikes
    I agree with you somewhat but it's kind of like when you join the military. YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR SIGNING UP FOR! So there is no need to be a dick just cuz you can!

KB
    +++++1

02 R1
    06 WRX STi Sold
    01 RC51-STOLEN
    03 XR400 R(TARD) - Sold

running on the LE

Originally posted by rmbbikes
    there is no need to be a dick just cuz you can!

KB
    agree 100%

Bras cause cancer.

running on the LE

blue and white you say?.....It wasn't me I swear!

running on the LE

Enlightenment...

First
    The quiet conspiracy.
    A group of individuals with similar backgrounds and similar vested interests in an out come of a situation will act in unison without being directed.

You support an unjust action or sit on your hands while it is being done.

2nd
    Treatment vs cure
    If you actually fix something then the action is over. If you contain a situation by treatment then the action continues indefinitely.

You should be puzzled why there are drug neighborhoods known to everyone with just a wink and a nod. There are speed limits exceeded everyday by loaded school buses.

3rd
    Tribes
    Who or what do you consider yourself. Are you a LEO first or a citizen first. Is your instinct to defend your tribe or the constitutional rights of all those around you. Note these are not always mutually exclusive activities.

Thus many laws can be passed and enforced for the benefit of the law biz. Even though the criminalize many ordinary citizens safe activity.

Defending the
    "It doesn't have to make sense its the law" makes you an automaton not a USA citizen.

Obviously you either are or wish to be in the LEO tribe. Your ad hominem attacks point out your frustration but do not forward your argument or cause.

Glen Beck is John the Baptist

running on the LE

Enlightenment...

Defending the
    "It doesn't have to make sense its the law" makes you an automaton not a USA citizen.
    Do you realize how foolish you sound? You are clearly one of those people that no matter the point, you have to find a reason to go against it, specifically when it comes to law enforcement. What makes you think that you know so much about the law when all you do it fight everything about it but see nothing else.

Now I'm not a USA citizen because I believe in and follow the laws set forth by our government? You're a fuckin moron.

I support law enforcement so I am supporting an unjust action? And you say that your words are "enlightenment"? What the hell is wrong with you? Are you mentally handicapped? If so, that's ok but I will stop making fun of you due to it cause you certainly are making an arguement for the support of that cause.

Bras cause cancer.

running on the LE

Enlightenment...

First
    The quiet conspiracy.
    A group of individuals with similar backgrounds and similar vested interests in an out come of a situation will act in unison without being directed.

2nd
    Treatment vs cure
    If you actually fix something then the action is over. If you contain a situation by treatment then the action continues indefinitely.

You should be puzzled why there are drug neighborhoods known to everyone with just a wink and a nod. There are speed limits exceeded everyday by loaded school buses.

3rd
    Tribes
    Who or what do you consider yourself. Are you a LEO first or a citizen first. Is your instinct to defend your tribe or the constitutional rights of all those around you. Note these are not always mutually exclusive activities.

Thus many laws can be passed and enforced for the benefit of the law biz. Even though the criminalize many ordinary citizens safe activity.

Defending the

Obviously you either are or wish to be in the LEO tribe. Your ad hominem attacks point out your frustration but do not forward your argument or cause.
    actually will he is making some good points

2nd
    Treatment vs cure

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

running on the LE

Hey RichW. Most of us do have our heads up our butts at somepoint or another. Pull yours out once in awhile. I second Nikon's, and Bump909's comments. Accentuate the positive. Report the negatives to their superiors.

running on the LE

cops do things for other cops. lots of things. if anyone thinks they treat every citizen the same or even as well as they treat other cops, that person is seriously delusional. oversight (whether it be external, internal or governmental) in the current police system is sorely lacking, hence alot of the corruption, poor management, low morale, and "out-of-control" behavior we see every once in a while on CNN. lots more of that behavior goes unseen on CNN, naturally.

the answers are to treat cops as every other government employee. train them to be civil, have accountability, have an oversight system in place so that corruption is at a minimum, pay them more so they don't have to whore out on details and make it so you can't become a cop until you reach a certain age, say 28 or 30. this last requirement would ensure most cops are adult in mind and also eliminate part of the massive pension plan that is ruining most cities and towns. (cops can retire either 20 or 25 years after service at nearly 100% of their last highest year of income - so we all pay about $80k/per retired cop per year - wonder why your property taxes are going up?)

running on the LE

You are affronted by selected points

Did you ever drive over the 25 MPH posted speed limit

Did you ever have 2 drinks then drive home.

Did you ever park without putting a quarter in the meter.

Do you have a modified exhaust or signal light on your bike

Did you ever shoot off a firecracker

soooo...

You are selecting which law to abide by.

So your a hypocrit or insane because you CHOOSE to obey selected laws and those that are unreasonable you ignore.

Please be honest and report to the nearest Police barracks and turn yourself in.

running on the LE

cops do things for other cops. lots of things. if anyone thinks they treat every citizen the same or even as well as they treat other cops, that person is seriously delusional. oversight (whether it be external, internal or governmental) in the current police system is sorely lacking, hence alot of the corruption, poor management, low morale, and "out-of-control" behavior we see every once in a while on CNN. lots more of that behavior goes unseen on CNN, naturally.

the answers are to treat cops as every other government employee. train them to be civil, have accountability, have an oversight system in place so that corruption is at a minimum, pay them more so they don't have to whore out on details and make it so you can't become a cop until you reach a certain age, say 28 or 30. this last requirement would ensure most cops are adult in mind and also eliminate part of the massive pension plan that is ruining most cities and towns. (cops can retire either 20 or 25 years after service at nearly 100% of their last highest year of income - so we all pay about $80k/per retired cop per year - wonder why your property taxes are going up?)
    I agree with most of what you say but I think part of the reason that the pensionis so good is to encourage people to stay on when they can make FAR more money in the private sector and cops, on average, live only about 7 years after they retire - I will try to find the articel/study if you choose not to believe me on that.

Bras cause cancer.

running on the LE

Originally posted by Tabby
    Hey RichW. Most of us do have our heads up our butts at somepoint or another. Pull yours out once in awhile. I second Nikon's, and Bump909's comments. Accentuate the positive. Report the negatives to their superiors.

Bras cause cancer.

running on the LE

You are affronted by selected points

Did you ever drive over the 25 MPH posted speed limit

yup

Did you ever have 2 drinks then drive home.

nope

Did you ever park without putting a quarter in the meter.

nope

Do you have a modified exhaust or signal light on your bike

yup

Did you ever shoot off a firecracker

yup
    The difference here is that I am not saying that those laws shouldn't be in place - you are. You always complain about how the speed limits shouldn't exist or they should be faster and a bunch of other mindless BS. I am not saying that I have never broken the law, I am not, however, arguing that these laws shouldn't be in place. If I break the law I know the consequence and don't complain about it and I'm not reduculous enough to say that cops only do work 5% of the time and I'm also not going to put down their profession. You are doing these things and making yourself look like a fool.

Did I ever say that the laws were perfect? No, but I am not going to bash cops because they are enforcing the laws. You and kham get a ticket and bitch about how the cop was a dick and the laws are wrong and blah blah blah. But you go and speed through a crowded village. If you got stopped you would have bitched about the speed limit and how the cop could be spending his time doing something else or whatever. Give me a break.

Let's just chalk this up as you being a fool and move on, shall we?

Bras cause cancer.

running on the LE

You agree to criminalize normal behavior to what purpose ?

Wouldn't you rather be able to say that almost all laws and limits were reasonable.

My last ticket I am going to fight was in my cage. You did not hear me bitch on here because I expect to be corn holed by the system. I was however moving with the traffic flow with semi's and dump trucks as well. No one was being unsafe and this LEO's job was to park, lazer, and get money for the state.

I am not blowing up police stations. (hi George)

I am saying that they all happily defend these unreasonable laws and rules to their own benefit.

running on the LE

You agree to criminalize normal behavior to what purpose ?

Wouldn't you rather be able to say that almost all laws and limits were reasonable.

My last ticket I am going to fight was in my cage. You did not hear me bitch on here because I expect to be corn holed by the system. I was however moving with the traffic flow with semi's and dump trucks as well. No one was being unsafe and this LEO's job was to park, lazer, and get money for the state.

I am not blowing up police stations. (hi George)

I am saying that they all happily defend these unreasonable laws and rules to their own benefit.
    I think that one main thing is that you have to realize that cops have a job to do and the laws are not made by them, again, they are simply paid to enforce the laws. If the speed limit is 40 and they are told to run radar on the road, they have to do their job. If you're going XX over and you get stopped. Well, you were speeding. It is moot to say that you don't agree with the limit. At least it's moot to tell the cop that because they can't change the speed limit.

That is a part of the job that many police don't like. Some do but many don't. Everyone has an aspect of the job they don't like. I work college security right now and the biggest complaint is about parking tickets. I FUCKING HATE writing parking tickets but when my boss says I have to write parking tickets - guess what - I have to write parking tickets. Did I take this job to write tickets. Fuck NO. I hate that aspect of the job but it's the same light. If a cop doesn't ever write a speeding ticket - the boss will come down but no matter what they do I find it to be a rediculous statement to say that cops only do work 5% of the time. It's just that the work they are doing may not be work in [i]your[/] eyes.

And I'm not an American because I believe in laws? WTF is that? So a drug dealer with no regard for the law is more american that I. That statement alone speaks volumes for where you're coming from and why I should never listen to anything you have to say.

And if it weren't for that damn quote button I would have never seen this in the first place.

Bras cause cancer.

Littering and........

running on the LE

Its awful funny how people who are constantly getting in trouble with the police dont like them very much.

I work with criminal offenders all day long.....its funny, but they're all not guilty, and the mean old cops were just ruining their day.

Stop wasting your typing energy, Will. You aren't going to convince an obvious repeat offender that cops are "just doing their jobs" when their jobs directly interfere with that person's lifetime habits.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast