Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

running on the LE

Posting Freak

running on the LE

So what is the general consensus of people who run on the cops?

Today my boss and I were on the way to the store, coming toward us was 2 motorcycles. The guy on the blue/white sport bike decides to do a wheelie right in front of us. My boss whips on his lights and tries to whip around his tahoe. (note, they don't whip a shitty too fast) The guy on the sport bike takes off and starts passing people on double yellows and winding curves.

We head after him to see if he stops up ahead. No way we were going to catch him!

So my boss and I got talking about how now that guy has ruined that day for so many other people with blue/white bikes. He is going to have a pre conceived notion on everyone who has that type of bike being the guy that ran on him and was passing in very dangerous spots.

I was telling him how we have had this discussion on this forum as well and how there are a couple of other LE guys who belong here.

We also were talking on how we went past a group of harley rides, asked if they had seen the rider, they said no, and how plausible it was for the two groups to "turn" each other in. Just something interesting to discuss.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Getting back into the game! Looking for my next bike!

running on the LE

is he a cop? he's got some nerve if he thinks he's gonna hassle everyone with a blue and white bike just because one got away. if he didn't get the plate.. then let it go. there's nothing to gain from hassling other people.

Lifer

running on the LE

So you're a cop now or you work for the police in some other fashion?

What happened to leading adventure tours or whatever it was... ?

Yah I think it's pretty lame to run. Wheelie = Nuisance ticket, Running = Felony as far as I understand.

running on the LE

Run from the cops? Absolutely not.

Evade... maybe... but knowing myself I still probably wouldn't do it.

(again )

TL1000R --- For those who like to drive high speed tanks

running on the LE

Originally posted by LiononaLeash
    Run from the cops? Absolutely not.

Evade... maybe... but knowing myself I still probably wouldn't do it.

(again )
    You have a blue and white bike, are you sure it wasn't you?

http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.ph...&id=1185417660

Live life now!....it has an expiration date!

Friendship is like peeing in your pants,
    Everyone can see it,
    But only you can feel the true warmth.

running on the LE

Oh and if your boss now has a preconcieved notion of people on blue/white sports bikes, he sucks as a cop!

http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.ph...&id=1185417660

Live life now!....it has an expiration date!

Friendship is like peeing in your pants,
    Everyone can see it,
    But only you can feel the true warmth.

running on the LE

What's an LE ?

My Gixer is blue and white and does wheelies. Where should I report for reeducation camp

Glen Beck is John the Baptist

running on the LE

Ok so your boss now knows about "this" forum and is all uptight about sportbikes now cuz his driving skills suck and he got smoked.

So I guess we should not post rides up here for a while because he's looking for blue and white bikes.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

running on the LE

Originally posted by bump909
    if he didn't get the plate.. then let it go. there's nothing to gain from hassling other people.
    I agree

It is better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt...

running on the LE

Any one know where I can get my TL-R painted, cheap???

running on the LE

My bikes GREEEEEEEEEN!!!

Chris J.
    "You're going the wrong way!!!"
    "How does he know where we're going?"
    03 Aprilia Tuono, 06 Yamaha R6, 16 Yamaha XSR900, 13 VW Touareg

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

running on the LE

Originally posted by Stoneman
    Any one know where I can get my TL-R painted, cheap???
    I'll do it. I can't promise on the outcome but I will do it.

Bras cause cancer.

Posting Freak

running on the LE

actually he loves sportbikes! and if you think about it, if a car gets away with the only discreption being green 4 door sedan, anyone who has that car for the next couple weeks will be subject to questioning?

In high school my friend had the state police come to his house because his parents had the same car that was involved with something, and so they were just checking into all owners of that make and model.

yes he was grumpy for awhile because the guy put a lot of people in danger running from him. there were a lot of cars we saw him pass and in not good spots.

it was just something up for discussion......and the different mentalitys that people have...how if you think like a LE (law enforcement) you are always suspicious...and how if you are a person who is innocent with a blue/white bike..it sucks to be stereotyped.

Getting back into the game! Looking for my next bike!

running on the LE

Originally posted by Cowboyrider
    the different mentalitys that people have...how if you think like a LEO (law enforcement officer) you are always suspicious...
    see sig line

Bras cause cancer.

Just Registered

running on the LE

I think it all depends if your boss is a cop, if he was - then cool. If he is one of those police impersonator people, well..how well does it pay having him as a boss, and what is your title?

Those R1 LE's are rare too, can't believe you had a chance to ride one.

running on the LE

so is he a cop or what?

running on the LE

Lets here from an honest LEO

Admit they spend 90% of their time shaking down citizens
    for fines.

5% Is directed to convincing the populous that without their
    "service" the world would spin off its axis. Additionally that their revenue gathering abilities justifies a larger budget for next year.

5% doing useful things

running on the LE

My favorite is when the PO PO follow you and ride your ass for no reason to see if you'll run so they have something to do for a change. Everytime you stop you get, "I am surprised you didn't run...."

I got screwed by a RI Trooper last Spring, he said he clocked me at 12 over the limit in just over a half mile distance, what a crock of shit, the judge took his word over mine in court. Since Iam NOT a felom or a scumbag, why is his word better than mine????

Next time, me no stoppie for no one......(these sentiments do not apply to group rides)

All I want for Christmas is another rear tire.....

http://www.ratemythong.com/indexhome.php

Lifer

running on the LE

Good thing you have that hyabusa and darwin. Enjoy.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

running on the LE

Originally posted by richw
    Lets here from an honest LEO

Admit they spend 90% of their time shaking down citizens
    for fines.

5% Is directed to convincing the populous that without their
    "service" the world would spin off its axis. Additionally that their revenue gathering abilities justifies a larger budget for next year.

5% doing useful things
    Cops spend about 90 percent of their time intervening on behalf of mentally ill people. Not giving tickets. You just percieve it that way because (i presume) you are sane and as such don't require the "services" of your local constable to keep you from hurting yourself or others.

The only time you threaten to hurt yourself or others is on your motorcycle, and so you meet mr. cop. Of course, you percieve he is "hassling" you because you just know you have it all under control...

If you need proof, go spend some time in jail. You won't meet many people who are not in need of mental health services.

Paul_E_D

running on the LE

I think it's funny when people complain about hte police. It's always people that have had "run ins" because they were doing something wrong. Now I know that the arguement is always there about the speed limit not being what it shoudl and yadda yadda yadda (umhem richw) but the cops don't make the limits - the legistlature does. Government makes the laws, police enforce those laws and courts interput the laws. Police just do their jobs. Are there bad ones? Sure but there are bad everything.

So for all those that complain about police - dont' call for a cop to come and help when you've been hurt, in a car wreck, your house was broken into, you got beat up, mugged, car stolen, shot, stabbed, kicked, punched or anything else. But you know what? You could bad mouth the cop to his/her face but the next time you needed help - that officer would still do their job and help in whatever capacity they can.

Everyone that badmouths cops should try being first on scene to an untimely, try being there when a 2 yo falls into a pool and dies and consoles the mother, sees a car wreck with 4 teenager killed cause of a drunk driver. LIve a day with people calling you names, not knowing if the next person you meet is going to try to kill you, try to break up a fight of 7 people alone with backup 20 minuets out. These are everyday situations for police so just remember that the next time you verbally abuse one, for all you know that person just came from a crying mother whose baby was stolen in a carjacking.

My experience shows that the people that bad mouth cops are the people that just got caught doing something wrong and are too weak to just own up to it.

Go ahead rich - be a bitch and keep complaining. Just don't call for help when your place gets broken into, or your car vandalised or your bike vandalised.

Some people are so pathetic.

Bras cause cancer.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

running on the LE

when i lived in AZ me and 2 friends were stopped by 6 staties and locals AND the Ghetto Bird (helicopter) for doing 62 in a 55. when we asked why they stopped us (no joke) their reply was "we wanted to see if you would run"

after alot of swearing and yelling and alot of middle fingers being thrown around. i snatched my info out of the officers hand and told him to go fuck himself. he replyed with a " next time run... it will be more fun"

assholes

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

running on the LE

The LEO's are willing accomplices in the

LAW BIZ

this includes Legislators, court, lawyers, and police.

The LEO's have input in most laws...

If you have your car stolen and you report it... Look them in the eye you will see the "Why you telling me" expression.

If your house gets broken into...They will come and
    Fill out a form !!! hurray we're saved.

If your mugged its part of a system that virtually denys you the right to defend yourself.

If you have an accident..They will fillout a form and give you a ticket.

I said they spent 5% doing useful things

too generous..?

running on the LE

Originally posted by SVRACER01
    when i lived in AZ me and 2 friends were stopped by 6 staties and locals AND the Ghetto Bird (helicopter) for doing 62 in a 55. when we asked why they stopped us (no joke) their reply was "we wanted to see if you would run"

after alot of swearing and yelling and alot of middle fingers being thrown around. i snatched my info out of the officers hand and told him to go fuck himself. he replyed with a " next time run... it will be more fun"

assholes
    no shit?? seriously? i mean the telling them to fuck off and riding off part.. if you responded like that around here, you'd be eating a lovely entree of bituminous.

running on the LE

I shoot the po-po!

Either that or I know they are just doing their job and I try to make it as easy for them as possible. Yes sir, no sir, I'm an idiot for speeding sir, thank you sir. Doesn't work all or any of the time for me, but at least it's helped me get out of both tickets this year.

It's just as easy for them to write a ticket than not. They SHOULD write me a ticket according to the law.

I don't run. It's not worth it. In fact, I've stopped more times before they catch up to me than not just because I know to them it is easier and shows good faith.

I also have taken a turn when I suspected that I had just caught the attention of an officer. Not any faster, slower or different than the path I was intending to take anyways. Just so happened they didn't notice. If I don't see lights before I turn, I will continue on my way.

Of course there are instances where I know a cop probably wishes to speak with me but I would rather save them the time. Jenn B knows what I'm talkin about

Wheeliing when another car is near you on the road is a bad idea, no matter if it is a cop or not. Had I been there I probably woulda flipped the kid off or given him the head shake or thumbs down. Save it for a road with nobody else or a parking lot.

I love how this conversation turns up every time a cop is mentioned

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast