Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Back in the saddle

Back in the saddle

Picked up an 07 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory today after a year of no bikes...felt great to ride! Not the fastest thing on two wheels but Ohlins suspension, forged wheels and carbon sprinkled all over. It’s going to be a great track day bike this fall.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back in the saddle-4f211ea9-c372-42fd-b6ac-1c0746982694   Back in the saddle-53f1af50-22d4-4edf-9f82-3de0a7ce5872  

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Banned

Re: Back in the saddle

Lusted after one of these when they came out. Still a very capable machine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

As I get older I appreciate more and more such things as Ohlins suspension and would take that any day over 10 more HP. Beautiful bike!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '15 Ducati Scrambler, '13 Multistrada 1200S, '07 VFR, '14 CRF250L/M, '15 FJ-09, '23 Tuareg

Ive only put about 25 miles on it, it was 110 out when I rode it home yesterday. It’s strange to have summer not be riding season! It runs/fuels awesome and everything feels tight and straight, the Brembos are amazing. I gave it a thorough douche this morning, and after a detail and a few bits (frame slider and brake pedal)it’s going to be 95% cosmetically. 13k miles. Previous owner had a slow lowside that didn’t do much at all to the bike but wrecked his ankle so he wanted it gone. I’m only in it for $4k so I’m not at all worried about blasting it around Arizona Motorsports Park, trackdays are plentiful and only 8 miles from the house. Bought some new pitbull stands today, time for some updated gear too...
    So happy to have a bike in the garage again!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Cool bike! Had 1st Gens 03s both race and street . Wheels alone are worth a 1/4 of what you paid for it. Only issue was a sprag clutch failure. If you hear it making funky sounds when you start it.. it's on the way out. Otherwise I loved both and want another some day.

Banned

$4k? What a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    $4k? What a steal.

I thought so. I couldn’t find a 848 or 899 Ducati that I really wanted for the right money, and was about to go I4 again and build it up for trackdays when I found this. Pumped. Pic is side he dumped it on, sliders took almost all of it, tank etc are mint.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back in the saddle-ce7799f2-364e-4e5f-835d-0b49877278a2  

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    Cool bike! Had 1st Gens 03s both race and street . Wheels alone are worth a 1/4 of what you paid for it. Only issue was a sprag clutch failure. If you hear it making funky sounds when you start it.. it's on the way out. Otherwise I loved both and want another some day.
    Thanks, no noise from the sprag clutch and no cracks in the forks around pinch bolts which I also read was common. I’ll disassemble it soon to check everything but so far so good!

Still have my 2000.5 Rsvr.Love it as much as I did when it was brand new.Not worth much but I see no need to replace it.It just a satisfying package all around.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mattrsvr View Post
    Still have my 2000.5 Rsvr.Love it as much as I did when it was brand new.Not worth much but I see no need to replace it.It just a satisfying package all around.
    Hi Matt!!

Hi Degs! Getting ready to get back in the saddle myself!Its been too long.My kids are growing up."Little" Jack who went to my VIR with us is 17 yrs old 6'4' 250 lbs now! He also has a 2008 ktm 530 exc that he rides and prompted to pick a Ktm 625 smc over the winter that I freshened up to ride together with him! We've got to get together sometime soon.Where does the time go....🙄😁

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mattrsvr View Post
    Hi Degs! Getting ready to get back in the saddle myself!Its been too long.My kids are growing up."Little" Jack who went to my VIR with us is 17 yrs old 6'4' 250 lbs now! He also has a 2008 ktm 530 exc that he rides and prompted to pick a Ktm 625 smc over the winter that I freshened up to ride together with him! We've got to get together sometime soon.Where does the time go....Back in the saddleBack in the saddle
    Wow. That's amazing. I cant believe he is 17!
    I'm tentatively looking for a street bike now so yes, a ride together soon is needed.

So I’ve finally put a few miles on the Aprilia. Had it serviced, replaced the chain and sprockets with a 520 kit, and got it cleaned reasonably close to my standards...I haven’t been able to do a track day yet, but must say this is one of the best bikes I’ve owned. I’ve missed my TL-R at times, this fills that void and then some. It just fucking snorts and pulls and induces big grins. I dig it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back in the saddle-673229b6-6eb2-40c9-b8a9-28579f890608