Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

safe to park???

safe to park???

I just moved from newport to fall river and it's an aparment complex with out side parking there are alot of bikes parked in the apartment complex and after talking to everyone they say a bike has never been stolen from there I have my bike in my friends garage right now so I know it's safe any time I want to ride it I have to go to his house but it's 30 minutes from where I live I want to bring it to my aparment but its quite flashy and Im afraid of it getting "borrowed" I live in the outer end of fall river by the historical discrict a.k.a butt fu$k egypt I was curious if anyone has had any problems in that area or know of any basically would it be stupid to take it out there?????

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    You suck at life go kill yourself

05 Gixxer 600

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

safe to park???

If you're going to park it at home, at least get a lock for it. Maybe a chained lock.

That'll give the thugs somethig to think about.

By the way, all that in one sentence? You must be out of breath...

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Lifer

safe to park???

I know a whole lot of bikes disapear in that area. If you won't be heartbroken making the insurance claim then go for it. Otherwise leave it where it's safe. It takes all of 39 seconds for four average size guys to pick up a bike and put it in a truck.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

safe to park???

if the bike was stock I wouldn't be so heart broken. But I have a few k into it so yeah it would blow. It's jus an inconvience. ARE THESE SENTANCES SHORT ENOGH FOR YOU AS* BAG!!!!! hahaha

05 Gixxer 600

safe to park???

and don't say a damn thing about my spelling haha... I type fast and don't proof read

05 Gixxer 600

safe to park???

Originally posted by Jenks
    ARE THESE SENTANCES SHORT ENOGH FOR YOU AS* BAG!!!!! hahaha
    No.

|

safe to park???

haha.. get over it... I hated english class

05 Gixxer 600

safe to park???

Seriously though....

If you have something solid to lock it to, Kryptonite makes a pretty strudy chain. And they guarantee against theft.

So, you'd make out twice if it got stolen after you lock it. Once from the insurance co (if you have theft on it) and once from Kryptonite.

|

safe to park???

http://www.spysource.net/vehicletrackingsystems.htm

Scroll down to the bottom. If it's ever stollen at least you have a way to find it...

Does anyone know if they make Motion Detectors for bikes?? Sound usually will do it ever time. Any attention to the robber and boom he's gone.

"Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them"

safe to park???

You can add LoJack for less than those things.

|

safe to park???

I know the zena disc locks have motion sensors on them. I am going to get one and probibly put a cover on it so people don't know what I have everyone else leaves there just out in the open no locks no nothing and don't seem to have a problem. I don't want to be the first though. Thinking lo jack might not be such a bad idea

05 Gixxer 600

safe to park???

I know lo jack is like 600ish for a car. Not sure if it would be cheaper for a bike though??

05 Gixxer 600

safe to park???

ARE THESE SENTANCES SHORT ENOGH FOR YOU AS* BAG!!!!! hahaha
    If your gonna put it in a sentance just say it man.. We are adults no need to sensor your posts!

JUST FUCKING SAY IT!!!!
    Now you try it..

I think Smoken hs plenty to bitch about, he can show you how it's done....

Seriously, this site is moderated on such a minor level and we are free to do & say almost anything without being a complete ass and tearing into others. Have at it..

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

safe to park???

haha.. get over it... I hated english class
    Quite obvious that you hated english class mr can't even put a sentence together or one that cause someone else who reads it to be out of breath when they have to read the whole thing without taking a breath cause you hated english class puncuation and spelling are not a requirement of the this site but it would help to better get your idea across unless you enjoy being bashed around for anything and everything that goes up on here we all do it and we will do it again and again and again have a nice day and oh by the way you suck at life quit

http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.ph...&id=1185417660

Live life now!....it has an expiration date!

Friendship is like peeing in your pants,
    Everyone can see it,
    But only you can feel the true warmth.

safe to park???

If you have something to lock it down to, disk lock it, chain it and toss a cover on it?

I know a little about everything, and alot about nothing.

safe to park???

Originally posted by capt1014
    Quite obvious that you hated english class mr can't even put a sentence together or one that cause someone else who reads it to be out of breath when they have to read the whole thing without taking a breath cause you hated english class puncuation and spelling are not a requirement of the this site but it would help to better get your idea across unless you enjoy being bashed around for anything and everything that goes up on here we all do it and we will do it again and again and again have a nice day and oh by the way you suck at life quit

My eyes are now out of breath and leaking tears ...

They got lo-jack for motorcycles and the coverage is pretty much all over eastern mass.

safe to park???

Fall River is pretty damn sketchy man, I wouldn't trust my bike sitting on the streets out there. My buddy moved from portsmouth to there and his and his girls cars were broken into under a week of living there. Maybe if you chained it to something, krypto locked it and some other shit... but thieves will get what they really want.

Why you would want to move from newport to the riv is beyond me, but yeah.

30 minute ride just to ride your bike kind of sucks though. Hope you can figure out some way to make it work. Funny I'd have imagined I might of seen you around the island, but I can't recall many yellow gsx-r's.

'19 Husqvarna FS450 Race

safe to park???

Originally posted by NinjaSwan
    http://www.spysource.net/vehicletrackingsystems.htm

Scroll down to the bottom. If it's ever stollen at least you have a way to find it...

Does anyone know if they make Motion Detectors for bikes?? Sound usually will do it ever time. Any attention to the robber and boom he's gone.
    Scorpion alarm. $400 about. Proximity alarm and then a firm alarm when the bike is rocked. Then a signal is sent to a pager yuo keep on you and it vibrates, so you can go beat the shit out of the dude touching your bike with your helmet.

My buddy has one on his cbr. It's nice if you're real concerned about your bike.

'19 Husqvarna FS450 Race

safe to park???

an alarm and/or a disc lock isnt going to do much alone...get a locking bike cover and a thick cable lock...and make sure you lock it up to something everytime you leave it....it only takes a minute for "them" to grab it

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

safe to park???

wow thanks half for allowing me to be an adult and all my life I thought I was 12, I was just being considerate of the people that cry about laungage because there are people out there. On another note I wouldn't even joke about smokin's bike you don't want that carma to come back to bite you.

05 Gixxer 600

safe to park???

wow thanks half for allowing me to be an adult and all my life I thought I was 12, I was just being considerate of the people that cry about laungage because there are people out there. On another note I wouldn't even joke about smokin's bike you don't want that carma to come back to bite you.
    it's KARMA you IDIOT!! :

From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Lifer

safe to park???

Chains can be cut, disk locks don't do shit. Theives are smarter than you, but that's the last time I'll chime in here. you made your decision before you started the thread.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

safe to park???

Originally posted by hessogood
    Chains can be cut, disk locks don't do shit. Theives are smarter than you, but that's the last time I'll chime in here. you made your decision before you started the thread.
    if they want it..they'll get it. cables locks are a bit better then a chain....out of site out of mind is the best protection....if you really do not want it stolen keep it in a garage if you are willing to chance it then a cable lock and a locking cover is your best bet...

Trunk Moneky

You need to get a Trunk Monkey to hang out next to your bike:

"Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them"

safe to park???

Drive the 30 mins to your friends place. Like others have said, if the thieves want your bike, they'll get it if its outside, especially Fall River. Plus all the $$ you have invested in it. A cover over it? Hehe...it can be lifted for a peek ya know. Riding season is growing short anyway...at least you wouldnt have the anxiety 24/7 wondering if your bike is still there in the morning. Just my .02.