Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Scary bike video.....

Littering and........

Scary bike video.....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Everybody to the limit!

Scary bike video.....

The cyclist was stupid. Stupid for passing on the double yellow in a residential area. Double stupid for passing into an intersection. Triple stupid for continuing the pass when the car was clearly showing down (brake lights were visible well before and into the pass).

The driver was stupid too, for not signalling and not seeing the bike. But stupid cagers live to talk about their stupidity while stupid motorcyclists end up with granite testaments to their ignorance.

Good vid tho. With spring approaching it's always good to watch reminders of what not to do

Littering and........

Scary bike video.....

It definitely wasn't the smartest move on the part of the rider, he seems to be way too focused on catching up to his friend....that said, it seemed like the driver of the van hit their brakes at the last minute and never signaled.

I actually got chills when I watched the that first time.

Everybody to the limit!

Scary bike video.....

Two more things I see after watching it more carefully. First, the van didn't make a turn, the road bent to the left as indicated first by the sign about halfway in. Second, even if you missed the sign, the painted lines follow the turn left as well. The SUV didn't signal because he didn't turn, he followed the road.

And those brake lights were on waaaaaay before the pass, at least 30 feet, probably more like 50. Fault is 110% motorcyclist.

Scary bike video.....

Originally posted by Honclfibr
    Fault is 110% motorcyclist.

Yamaha

Scary bike video.....

its easy being a monday morning quarterback, seems that we all have done something like it in the pass, although stupid...

Bikeless

Single target fixation

The road sign clearly is LEFT turn with a straight road off the curve (straight ahead)

Of course the bike gets squeezed............
    -Suf Daddy

Suf Daddy.

Scary bike video.....

Originally posted by Sidewinder
    its easy being a monday morning quarterback, seems that we all have done something like it in the pass, although stupid...
    I'm not sure how the Monday morning quarterback plays into this.

The motorcycle makes an illegal pass on a double yellow on a corner trying to go straight and hits the side of the van which was following the road at the speed limit. And you imply that he may have been in the right?

You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

Lifer

Scary bike video.....

That reminds me of going to the Vanilla Bean. I hate riding down there cause you end up riding through areas like that. Easy to get frustrated and start making stupid passes.

Littering and........

Scary bike video.....

Originally posted by Honclfibr
    Two more things I see after watching it more carefully. First, the van didn't make a turn, the road bent to the left as indicated first by the sign about halfway in. Second, even if you missed the sign, the painted lines follow the turn left as well. The SUV didn't signal because he didn't turn, he followed the road.

And those brake lights were on waaaaaay before the pass, at least 30 feet, probably more like 50. Fault is 110% motorcyclist.
    Good catch, I didn't notice the sign.

I'm gonna say its 99.3% the rider's fault. There should be some sort of fault just for driving a minivan.

Well GIT !

Here's the link to the discussion about it.......

http://tinyurl.com/6qt2c

The guy knows he F'd up.

Pretty admirable I'd say.....

Although I see his point, the road LOOKs like it goes straightahead..........
    -SUf Daddy

Suf Daddy.

Banned

Scary bike video.....

The mini-van was NOT turning. The yellow lines on the road turn left and the BIG section of the arrow point left, indicating that the major road moves left. The turning was to the right (straight on is actually a technical right turn in this case). The van did not need to make a signal and did nothing wrong. The biker is 100% at fault.

I know I have been in my truck and had a bike on my ass like that and I get nervous and try to keep predictable. The predictable thing for the van to do was exactly what it did do, follow the road.

I am guessing the biker probably got a citation too.

derek

Banned

Scary bike video.....

DUH, just repeating what honclfukker said. Sorry, didn't read it properly first time.

Scary bike video.....

I'm not saying he is at fault or not at fault the video speaks for itself. Its just easy to call out the guy a stupid rider for what he did. Thats the monday morning quarter back I was refering to. Maybe this guy was just following his friend and didnt know about the corner? Its easy to watch a video over and over again. What I'm saying is that I'm sure no one on this websitr has never passed a cage on a double yellow.

Originally posted by dhuze
    I'm not sure how the Monday morning quarterback plays into this.

The motorcycle makes an illegal pass on a double yellow on a corner trying to go straight and hits the side of the van which was following the road at the speed limit. And you imply that he may have been in the right?

Bikeless

Banned

Scary bike video.....

He did not attempt to pass a cage on a double yellow. He attempted to make a technical right turn THROUGH a cage.

He is an idiot who did not assess the situation by looking at the road or the road sign before making a pass. There could have been a vehicle coming the other way around that corner.

derek

Scary bike video.....

or just plain ol' unfamiliar with the roads and did not realize that the road turned left when what he could see from his buddy is that it went straight....another reason why to be even more careful on unfamiliar roads.

MSF RiderCoach
    MSF Dirt Bike School Coach

Quote Originally Posted by 5TOEZ View Post
    #5 Hangout w/Jaynnus................
    she rides like the wind
    & smells good too.
    PKism: you don't count, you're just a guy with indoor plumbing

Lifer

Scary bike video.....

Originally posted by Sidewinder
    I'm not saying he is at fault or not at fault the video speaks for itself. Its just easy to call out the guy a stupid rider for what he did. Thats the monday morning quarter back I was refering to. Maybe this guy was just following his friend and didnt know about the corner? Its easy to watch a video over and over again. What I'm saying is that I'm sure no one on this websitr has never passed a cage on a double yellow.
    Well that is the whole point, most or all of us have passed cars over the double yellow many times, but no one on this site has ever had an accident as dumb as this one since I've been here. Pretty easy to be a monday morning quarterback when the guy did something that so few riders ever do.

Seeing as it was also in a residential neighborhood, which is THE worst place for agressive riding, it is fairly easy to call him an idiot. In this case there is some property damage, no one got hurt, but given the location, we could just as easily have been watching a video of him hitting a child who ran out in the street.

Right away from watching the video, without even seeing the crash, it seems apparent that they were getting antsy and had no discipline, trying to ride fast in a place where they shouldn't. No self control, stupid pass, accident. We all know that feeling, you're stuck behind a car, it gets on your nerves, as you go on and on it gets more and more annoying if you can't get yourself to relax, eventually you lose it and you might make a stupid decision that you normally wouldn't. But very few people ever do something as nutty as what this guy did.

Scary bike video.....

Originally posted by benVFR
    Right away from watching the video, without even seeing the crash, it seems apparent that they were getting antsy and had no discipline, trying to ride fast in a place where they shouldn't.

The minivan seemed to be driving a speed appropriate to the road.

If you're gonna make an illegal pass, get it over with as fast as possible, don't hang out next to he cage any longer than you have to.

My Jeep makes faster passes than that.

IMO ... a handfull of throttle a swerve should have avoided all that, he was a good ways by the minivan.

-Matt