Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

First on scene of bad crash...

The best lesson I ever learned when I was first learning to drive was from my father: imagine that every other driver out there is an a$$hole. It was funny, but he was dead serious: you never know what other people are going to do. I have seen some CRAZY shit on a bike. The worst being in Atlanta: a Chevy Blazer flying across 6 lanes of traffic to try and take out my buddy on the bike in front of me. At 150 mph, he had 6 inches on each side to miss the Blazer and an Emergency Vehicle (Blazer closing from left, EV parked at roadside).
    Cagers do crazy shit, and as you saw, sometimes alcohol and/or drugs are involved.
    You did a great job, man....be proud of that. You kept your head when most people would have wigged. You looked past the blood where some people would have fainted or barfed or both.
    Remember what you saw, and you will: keep that as a reminder when you are out riding. It's the same thing with animals running out onto the road. 2 weekends ago I was driving on the Kanc with a new girlfriend, and she was talking about wanting to see her first moose. Right at that moment I locked up the brakes because I saw it coming from about 10 yards deep in the woods: a bull moose. She freaked out and later told me "Geez, how did you see that?! I din't even see it until it was in the middle of our lane!" How did I? Because I enjoy my life and riding, and I am always scanning when I ride, particularly on that road. The Kanc is where I have seen the biggest animal of my life (HUGE bull moose, and cocky enough to charge 4 parked cars) and this year there was an 800 lb black bear that was hit on that road. 800 lb. black bear + bike = RIP.
    Again, nice job with this wreck, and that's very cool of you to go and visit them in the H.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

800 pounds?

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Re: 800 pounds?

Originally posted by RandyO
    BlackBearFacts
    Dude, I am not that guy that says he caught a fish 'THIS BIG!' when I fish.
    I was merely relaying what the NH Fish & Game guy told me when I talked to him during the traffic jam shortly after it happened. He said 800 lbs, and I thought that was a little large, but whatever. It was big, and it looked like someone had spilled red paint out the back of a truck at high speed.
    If I were to guess, I'd say 600 lbs, as I've found that the bigger animals are big for a reason: they're smart, and they've learned to avoid bad situations (i.e. why I can NEVER catch a big fish when I go....dammit! ).

Originally posted by wheelie123
    The best lesson I ever learned when I was first learning to drive was from my father: imagine that every other driver out there is an a$$hole. It was funny, but he was dead serious: you never know what other people are going to do. I have seen some CRAZY shit on a bike. The worst being in Atlanta: a Chevy Blazer flying across 6 lanes of traffic to try and take out my buddy on the bike in front of me. At 150 mph, he had 6 inches on each side to miss the Blazer and an Emergency Vehicle (Blazer closing from left, EV parked at roadside).
    Cagers do crazy shit, and as you saw, sometimes alcohol and/or drugs are involved.
    You did a great job, man....be proud of that. You kept your head when most people would have wigged. You looked past the blood where some people would have fainted or barfed or both.
    Remember what you saw, and you will: keep that as a reminder when you are out riding. It's the same thing with animals running out onto the road. 2 weekends ago I was driving on the Kanc with a new girlfriend, and she was talking about wanting to see her first moose. Right at that moment I locked up the brakes because I saw it coming from about 10 yards deep in the woods: a bull moose. She freaked out and later told me "Geez, how did you see that?! I din't even see it until it was in the middle of our lane!" How did I? Because I enjoy my life and riding, and I am always scanning when I ride, particularly on that road. The Kanc is where I have seen the biggest animal of my life (HUGE bull moose, and cocky enough to charge 4 parked cars) and this year there was an 800 lb black bear that was hit on that road. 800 lb. black bear + bike = RIP.
    Again, nice job with this wreck, and that's very cool of you to go and visit them in the H.
    If only there were a nice accessible spot on my bike for my firearm! Then I could flatten a cagers tyres if they tried to kill me like you saw in Atlanta! I can't believe I just read that! What would someone be thinking swerving across 6 fokin lanes to try and KILL a motorbiker? Um, hello, this is your brain calling...where are you? Oh, I'm is stupid fokin cager land...assholes! Everywhere!

Thanks again for the votes of confidence. And thanks Randy! Reading that makes me feel much better. They didn't look so hot when I went to see them on Monday. The prro woman still wanted the driver of that truck's ass on a platter! She was so pissed off..I guess because she was on back, which made her leg stick out farther than the gentleman's, was the first thing to hit the truck. That would explain the SEVERE nastiness on her left leg, as well as why her thick leather chaps were torn to shreds.

Heath Smith
    LRRS/CCS #337
    Low Down Racing
    www.racetireservice.com
    www.motorbikesplus.com
    Power by Dr. Hillsgrove
    Traction by Franimal Racing Syndicate

05' KTM 525SMR,
    01' YZ426F
    05' Reiju RS1

Says Vale to Colin at the end of the 2002 8 Hours of Suzuka: "Ok Colin, you better go out there and win. Because it is the ONLY way we will NEVER have to come here again!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12