Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Scotts Stabilizer

Scotts Stabilizer

hey everyone. i have a scotts steering stabilizer on my bike. its about a year old and i think i remember reading something in the manual about getting it serviced by scotts every so often. unfortunetly i lost the manual, so does anyone know what intervals im supposed to get this done? i think you are supposed to send it in so they can change the oil in it. ive probably put about 10000 miles on it and it still works fine. does anyone know if that service is needed?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Tony
    '02 954RR

Things that make you go hmmmm

Scotts Stabilizer

This is what it said on there website::::::

We recommend you treat it as you would your suspension. However, when mounted properly, there are virtually no parts to wear out. An occasional oil change is all that is needed. Each riders demands will determine how often that oil change is needed. If you're not sure, send it in. When we service it, we'll be glad to let you know what condition the oil was in so you'll know how long before the next service.

BIKE IS TOO DAMN FAST
    04' ZX10R PEARL BLAZING ORANGE, CHROME RIMS, SWINGARM, PEGS/BRACKETS, REAR VIEW CAMERA WITH 4 INCH LCD MONITOR, 7 COLOR LED LIGHT KIT, NOS.

Scotts Stabilizer

cool man, thanks. i think ill send it in, better safe than sorry. i would hate for it to stop working at redline. i almost killed myself when i first got the bike doing about 100 in 2nd, and all of the sudden MAJOR head shake. its a miracle i was able to keep in under control. if its ever happened to you you know its very scary. i keep the steering really tight (three clicks from full tightness). my guess is that mean the stablizer is working harder and therefore the oil is dirtier? i didnt even think about looking on there website. im a jackass. thanks again

Tony
    '02 954RR

Scotts Stabilizer

No problem, how do you like the scotts? I was thinking of getting that or a GPR, im still pissed my zx10r didnt come with one, its not too bad without one, but the bike is too fast and light to not get one, plus i just added nos, so even more of a reason to get one.

BIKE IS TOO DAMN FAST
    04' ZX10R PEARL BLAZING ORANGE, CHROME RIMS, SWINGARM, PEGS/BRACKETS, REAR VIEW CAMERA WITH 4 INCH LCD MONITOR, 7 COLOR LED LIGHT KIT, NOS.

Scotts Stabilizer

the scotts is great. its the only one ive had (my 600 didnt really need it) i mostly bought it because of its reputation, which i think it has lived up to. many different settings and easy to follow mounting instructions. you will definetly notice a difference when you put it on. i feel a lot safer bringing it to redline, but maybe its just me. my bro has a 929 and he says his bike doesnt really have much head shake even at redline??? but i know that the only negative people say about the zx10 is that is doesnt come with a stabilizer, so im guessing it would be helpful on yours. ive heard good things about GPR also, but at the time i heard more about scotts. does GPR have a lifetime warranty. i heard they did, dont remember where i heard that. i think on an ebay auction, so who knows if its true. i paid 400 for mine shipped and installed it in about 2 hours. would have taken less time, but i didnt have a socket big enough to fit on the triple tree bolt, so i had to go to the dealer and borrow theres. i would definetly recommend the scotts. let me know what you decide to do.

Tony
    '02 954RR