Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Seans house pics.. .quick link

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292017583

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Hey did you see that cop RevHappy's Avatar

Great to see so many newbies getting bikes my girlfriend is looking foward to so group rides next year, after her first group ride she said that would be her last due to the pace, I kept back with her but she said it wasnt her cup of tea. Did I mention it was a slow ride Anyways I'm not sure what kind of riding styles the other girls are going to doing but Christine & I both think it would be fun to have 2 groups. She is still very new to the game.

Sounds like an idea... I'm sure we could arrange for some "couples" rides.. ewwww... doesn't sound good... anyways.. lol.. I'm sure we could work something out where the girls could ride at a slower pace.. if a few of us get autocoms it could work out all that much better

I was thinking of doing something like that this season, Leah doesn't have too many miles under her belt and a speed limit ride would be a good idea.
    We (the guys) can stand a slow ride once in a while if it means our other halves will actually get better at the sport. Time well spent.
    --sean--
    00zx7R

I spent all of last year riding behind my wife as she learned (minus a few short rides I took without her)... speed limits mostly... 10 mph above on occassion...

Although I would have liked to be working on my lean technique I didn't think twice about sticking with her and stuff...

and she really appreciated it... there's so much to learn when you start out (as we all know)... she felt more comfortable knowing I was there incase anything happened.... so she says...

Just my approach... but if you can handle hanging back for a bit... I think in the long run it will help out.... IMO

So we'd be up for a couples type thing... I enjoy riding... regardless of the speed... must be why I just have an F2... no sound barriers being broke there...

Mike

Bikeless Prick

That's odd Mike, I rode behind your wife quite a few times last season and she "begged" me to go faster and ride harder! I also had no problem practicing my "lean" angle.

Just kiddin'. The future Mrs. Roket wants a bike now too. I support the idea, especially if it means she loosen the purse strings on bike parts for both of us!

Rich

"I support the idea, especially if it means she loosen the purse strings on bike parts for both of us!"

She better not get any looser, I already needed a board to keep my skinny ass from falling in. It was like parking 1 bike in a 2 car garage, too much room to move around.

-sean--
    00zx7R

Bikeless Prick

Sorry Sean, I've broken her in a little bit. She was a little curious as to why you were screwin her with your pinky!

She wasn't familiar with you little Irish boys.

Rich

Lifer

Just curious, just how fast do you guys ride?

Last year was my first year, I only have a 4000 miles under my belt, so I would be interested in "slower" rides.

I'm just curious because I think a ride at the speed limit would seem pretty boring to me now. I'm usually riding well above the speed limit on a twisty road, I'm just not at a peg-dragging pace and I'm not touching my knee down or anything like that. I also will slow down a good bit on a road that I don't know at all because I really haven't experienced many decreasing radius "surprise" turns. And I have no desire to approach triple-digit speeds on straight roads. (I will say my 4000 miles have been 95% travelled in twisty/hilly NH backroads, I despise the highway since I have no wind protection, and never cruise around in cities)

So if a "fast" ride is peg dragging, knees touching down, etc.. in every corner even if you don't know the route, I would be very interested in participating/leading more moderately paced rides. (I feel like I'm good at planning routes and finding new places)

Ben

Lifer

Sounds good to me.

I was mostly concerned about the straights. Get on a long straight and go >100mph and it will take me a while to catch up.

Ben

Gee Vince I ride behind Jen (a) cause I enjoy the view and (b) cause I'm trying to keep up......lol

Actually Jen is a quite good rider and better (and faster) than some of the guys I know

Hmmmm... I must be dumb... I can't figure out if Gadget's last statement was a dig on Jen or guys he/she knows.... hmmmmm

Problem is I'm not sure who you are.... have I met you???

Just to be safe I say just this...

Fuck you!!!

There that should cover me incase she ever reads this....

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA