Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

The Great Search...is over...

The Great Search...is over...

Even though I still wanted to shop a few dealers around the area, I put a down payment on an 08' FZ6 (raven). I don't know what everyone else has paid for the newer ones, but msrp is 7k I offered 6.4 and they brought it to 6.5 with setup fees. I reluctantly agreed after a lil bit of thinking. I could have tried for a little lower considering I'm gonna still get hit at the registry with the sales tax, but I'll still end up paying under MSRP, though not by much. Soooo...Looks like I'll be joining some of you boys as a Fazzer owner, and hopefully lover.

Any thoughts or sugestions on frame sliders or anything I should need right away?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: The Great Search...is over...

congrats on the score, I hope your frame sliders are easier than the ones I did for a buddy yesterday. He has a cbr 600rr and I had to take off the side fairing and then line up to cut holes through his brand new fender in order to put them in place. Thank god they lined up good.

Then he got these little front lights and taking all the plastics off to the front of that bike is a royal pain, all of a sudden I appreciate my naked bike so much more. It took me less than 5 minutes to put sliders on mine.

per-diem member lady flyin' low's Avatar

awesome! i'm picking up the exact same bike in hopefully a couple weeks from now...where did you pick yours up? i'm trying to figure out the best place to buy and how did you talk them down???

congrats! the hub by has one and loves it, though his is an 07....

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

maybe people should post on here when they want to buy a bike, a bunch of guys at work did that, got 12 or more together and went to a dealer and got a good deal just from the volume of sales.

Heh, Well this being my second bike I knew how the market worked a lil, and I knew I wasn't gonna pay MSRP then sales tax. I know the dealer wants my business and he knew I could go elsewhere if he didn't haggle on the price with me. Nashua Motorsports seems to be getting my business now. The (Raven) FZ6 is hard to find apparently. Nobody has one in stock. This must really be a popular bike, there were a few dealers that had the blue, but it's not my color for bikes. So I got them to drop the shipping and freighting charges, offered them 6.4k and they charged 150 for setup, going to get the bike from VT, and will have it ready for me by thursday. So, 6,550 OTD is nice, though I'll still get the $327 sales tax at the bloody registry, but I'm pretty happy with the deal. With a 5.6K insurance check from my last bike, it will make paying this one off a little easier I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowflex View Post
    Heh, Well this being my second bike I knew how the market worked a lil, and I knew I wasn't gonna pay MSRP then sales tax. I know the dealer wants my business and he knew I could go elsewhere if he didn't haggle on the price with me. Nashua Motorsports seems to be getting my business now. The (Raven) FZ6 is hard to find apparently. Nobody has one in stock. This must really be a popular bike, there were a few dealers that had the blue, but it's not my color for bikes. So I got them to drop the shipping and freighting charges, offered them 6.4k and they charged 150 for setup, going to get the bike from VT, and will have it ready for me by thursday. So, 6,550 OTD is nice, though I'll still get the $327 sales tax at the bloody registry, but I'm pretty happy with the deal. With a 5.6K insurance check from my last bike, it will make paying this one off a little easier I hope.

They can always do better. The MSRP on my bike is $6499 and I paid a little over $6200 OTD, including $200 passenger grips, OEM frame sliders and 25% off my new helmet. If you want to know actual dealer cost on a bike, let me know. My sister is the ops manager of a huge dealership in NJ.

Original

Quote Originally Posted by jnm988 View Post
    They can always do better. The MSRP on my bike is $6499 and I paid a little over $6200 OTD, including $200 passenger grips, OEM frame sliders and 25% off my new helmet. If you want to know actual dealer cost on a bike, let me know. My sister is the ops manager of a huge dealership in NJ.
    Must be easier for you to get new bikes that way

I ordered Motovation frame sliders and a FE kit from SBN last night so let them come in soon. I'll be going to pick the bike up tomorrow if I can find someone to drag my arse up there and either drive my car back or leave me there so I can drive my bike home. Here's hoping the weather is nice tomorrow

Even though I still wanted to shop a few dealers around the area, I put a down payment on an 08' FZ6 (raven). I don't know what everyone else has paid for the newer ones, but msrp is 7k I offered 6.4 and they brought it to 6.5 with setup fees. I reluctantly agreed after a lil bit of thinking. I could have tried for a little lower considering I'm gonna still get hit at the registry with the sales tax, but I'll still end up paying under MSRP, though not by much. Soooo...Looks like I'll be joining some of you boys as a Fazzer owner, and hopefully lover.

Any thoughts or sugestions on frame sliders or anything I should need right away?
    Nice choice. I am starting to really lean that direction myself for a second bike. I like the full fairing look on bikes a lot but the FZ6 is growing on me. There's a lot of praise for that bike.

Congratulations though!!

I have Uncaged sliders on mine and they seem to have worked pretty well for a couple of folks that I've seen posting about a spill.

Quote Originally Posted by jnm988 View Post
    Dealer cost on that bike is about $5950, plus about $200 in freight. He paid $6550. It's a shame that the dealer totally railroaded him and made themselves a whopping $300. Add to that, they probably paid the salesperson a $50 commission, leaving $250.

And if your sister worked for me, as a manager, and was freely giving out confidential information... she would be standing in the un-employment line...

Everybody to the limit!

Quote Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
    Dealer cost on that bike is about $5950, plus about $200 in freight.
    freely giving out confidential information...

Quote Originally Posted by Honclfibr View Post
    $5950 is an educated guess for the purpose of this thread...

But I'm glad that an intellegent being noticed the irony...

Quote Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
    $5950 is an educated guess for the purpose of this thread...

But I'm glad that an intellegent being noticed the irony...
    Well.. I happen to know with my bike.. MSRP was $6499. Dealer cost was $5717, plus a 5% dealer holdback, so they make $325 automatically even if they sell it at cost. At the time there was also a $200 rebate to dealer, so there's $525 at cost. I didn't go in expecting to buy a bike at cost, but the market is tough and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay $300 in 'assembly and freight' fees when it takes one guy 45 mins to assemble a bike and he's getting paid what?? $25 an hour tops?

I don't think my sister 'freely' gives out the information. She's my sister. And she actually asked the owner when she was giving me the info, he looked it up and gave it to me... so apparently he didn't mind.

:

Original

Well I thank you guys for looking out for me ...makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Congrats
    Get some pix up of it when you can

I brought my new girl home. 08 Raven FZ6! Feels much different than my zzr riding wise, doesn't feel like it has as much power, but then again I'll be breaking the engine in for the next week till I can really play with her. I will try to have some pics tomorrow when it's nice out and daylight.

-Chris-