Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Searching for 2-Stroke Mechanic Near Townsend, Mass

Searching for 2-Stroke Mechanic Near Townsend, Mass

Greetings,
    I have a 1977 RD400 survivor and I could use a bit of mechanical help.
    Last year I ran into an electrical problem with the charging system. I'm not getting enough power back to the battery to keep the system charged. So I'm looking for a man who can meter-test the system.
    I also had the oil injector pump rebuilt and would like to have that re-installed and that system dialed in.
    Last, I would like to go through and clean the carbs, install new reeds, jets as necessary and then tune the whole machine.
    If anyone has experience tuning racing 2-strokes or can refer someone, I would be much obliged.

TwoPots

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Re: Searching for 2-Stroke Mechanic Near Townsend, Mass

See if you can get a hold of TLRMan via PM. He might know a thing or two about those bikes and/or who to get in touch with.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Searching for 2-Stroke Mechanic Near Townsend, Mass

I have got an rd400 - great bikes. I would bet your charging woes are due to a faulty stator. Not a big deal to replace.

Setting up the oil pump is not too challenging either if you have all the parts. Jetting can require a pro if you have aftermarket pipes or exhaust. If not just put in stock jets and you are all set.

First step is to verify compression because without that it will never run right. I can help if you are interested, PM me.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!