Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

First Season Racing

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Re: First Season Racing

PM Sent

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

Thanks for all the input guys, I appreciate all the help! I got a spare set of wheels/rains this past summer, Ill make sure to have them with me at all times!

Quote Originally Posted by Rada View Post
    Have fun. Make friends. Be a good neighbor.

Brakes and suspension pay the most dividends at Loudon.
    I'm a freak and didn't race with a steering damper on the SV.
    So how many of you guys use stabilizers? How many don't? In my limited experience at Loudon, I noticed a little bar shake between T7 - T8

Pm'd ya Connor, Ninjah

I started racing without them on the sumo or GS, and have since moved over to the gotta have them camp as a safety item. WERA for example requires them now on all bikes, full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
    Thanks for all the input guys, I appreciate all the help! I got a spare set of wheels/rains this past summer, Ill make sure to have them with me at all times!

So how many of you guys use stabilizers? How many don't? In my limited experience at Loudon, I noticed a little bar shake between T7 - T8

Pm'd ya Connor, Ninjah
    Just give it more gas. It might not yield the best outcome, but at least it will end the suspense.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Add the dampener! 7 -8 is not a good place to test your leathers..

Pansy.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Experienced is better term.. Silly boy...

If anything just grab a gsxr damper for cents on the dollar and a fork bracket. Up the oil weight a little and drill/tap the lower tab for your fairing stay and you’ll solve your problem on a budget

T7-8 Was my first ever bike crash. Undampered SV. I tried to use the bars to haul my carcass from left to right, without keeping my weight over the tank. Instant tank slapper yard sale.
    However, since dropping the forks in the triples and learning to use my legs to move, I only get a slight warning tremor if I try to slam it side to side.
    Get a damper, set it loose and focus on riding instead of waiting for the bike to scare you.

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Welcome! I think I saw you race last season against my buddy on the #456- you were rolling really good out there against the MW/HW's no less! It sounded like you were dragging bodywork/parts through 6 as well though. Unless you were going through a knee puck every race? My armour body SV lower would also scrape in the bowl, but with an extra bracket/mounting spot toward the rear was able to better center/raise the lower a bit. Trial/error though.

I have the Scott damper on my SV's, but the GPR's work well too. Coin toss.

Lifer

I had a Scott damper on my race SV. One day I listened to Rada too much, decided I was super-man, dialed the damper down to zero and went out for practice. 3 laps later I pitted in and reset the damper.
    I like dampers. They help cover up the fact that I'm a lousy rider!

One good thing about no stabilizer is you feel everything the front end is doing? I remember being told get my body over the tank through there, it definitely takes alot of energy to weight the pegs and push your body forward. Towards the end of that first weekend I was smoked.

Quote Originally Posted by drubin43 View Post
    Welcome! I think I saw you race last season against my buddy on the #456- you were rolling really good out there against the MW/HW's no less! It sounded like you were dragging bodywork/parts through 6 as well though. Unless you were going through a knee puck every race? My armour body SV lower would also scrape in the bowl, but with an extra bracket/mounting spot toward the rear was able to better center/raise the lower a bit. Trial/error though.

I have the Scott damper on my SV's, but the GPR's work well too. Coin toss.
    Thanks, I remember 456! We had alot of fun out there we both dropped seconds during our "battle"
    The side of lower was dragging pretty good through there. Im going to raise it up some. How much clearance do you guys have between the bars and the upper fairing? I know we dont really need full lock, I think I mounted it too low because the bars were just about hitting.

Your damper shouldn't be taking any feel away. If it is you've got it adjusted wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12