Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

I fought LEO...and won!

NESR ruined my life. chr|s sedition's Avatar

I fought LEO...and won!

So Rikard and I went out for a "short" ride today (Kham, i had *just* missed your phone call. I left you msg at home). What started as a quick ride to Blue Hills turned into a trip to Newport, RI, and then ended with Rikard in the backseat of a state police car.

First, Rhode Islande. Who are those people and where do they come from? The whole time we were in RI, I think I only saw gixxah's and HD's. all of which has no helmet, flip-flops, etc. I also checked out those Newport mansions. I've never seen them before, pretty crazy shit.

anyway, on the way back to boston Rikard and I run into a pack of about 10 bikes that was merging onto the highway. I realized that I knew a few people in that group of riders. Rikard and I saw LEO all over the highway on the way down to RI, and as such were being kinda mellow on the way back. The group of bikes we ran into was going a little faster than us, and they were switching lanes somewhat aggressivley. Then we come up on State cop parked on the side of the highway. he pulls out into traffic, and everyone slows down. then he get's in front of a few cars that were ahead of the bike leader. he then starts swereving back and forth across all 3 lanes on the highway. he brings traffic to a hault and parks his cruiser at 45 degree angle across the highway. he gets out of the car and screams at all the bikes to pull over. rikard and I were not "riding" with that group, but now were getting lumped in with them by default becuase the cop didn't know who was doing what. After we are all on the side of the road Rikard is kinda laughing at the absurdity of the whole thing (i.e. that were getting nailed with them when we wern't even riding w/them). The cop starts screaming at him YOU THINK THIS FUCKING FUNNY! etc...and puts Rikard in the cruiser. Then 5 more cruisers show up. the people in the other group claimed that they "didn't know us, and that we wern't riding with them". The cop comes over to me and is like "So...what the deal with your buddy in the back of the car". I tell him my story and he says Oh, Ok, you two are all set then" and he gives me back my liscense and registration. he lets Rikard out of the cruiser and never even looks at his info at all. everyone else gets a $450.00 ticket. One guy got a criminal infraction becuase he pissed the cop off *after* the cop gave him a civil infraction like everyone else got (the cop went back and changed it). Criminal Infractions are bad. The cop tells me and Rikard we can leave, so we take off. the cop claimed that a number of people had called 911 to complain about the pack of bikes on the highway.

when i got home i realize that one of the people in that group had called me earlier in the day to go riding (and no, it wasn't Kham, hah). If i had gotten the call, i'd prolly have a $450.00 ticket right now.

-sedition

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by chr|s sedition; 03-20-06 at 04:49 PM.
    "Up front there ought to be a man in black." -John Cash

LISTEN TO SLAYER
    If I get another fuckin' bike stolen...

I Dance With Will

I fought LEO...and won!

thank god. good for you Chris.

i rode alone so i stayed local.

cell phone is bad. i need one still.

"fuckit!"

Just Registered

Re: I fought LEO...and won!

Originally posted by chr|s sedition
    . the cop claimed that a number of people had called 911 to complain about the pack of bikes on the highway.
    You'd be suprised how many times that "happens".

Call 911 sometime and tell them there's a big flock of bikes stunting up the highway.
    Although the lecture is short, the lecture from the MSP officer that shows up at your doorstep later that day will be much longer.

My 2 vices, not necessarily in order:
    www.gpsdiscussion.com
    motorcycleaddicts.org

Lifer

I fought LEO...and won!

Funny, I've called 911 for cars that are swerving across 4 lanes, over curbs and off the median and they didn't bother with taking any of my info or sending a trooper.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

I fought LEO...and won!

Originally posted by hessogood
    Funny, I've called 911 for cars that are swerving across 4 lanes, over curbs and off the median and they didn't bother with taking any of my info or sending a trooper.
    you know what else is funny? I got stopped because ,as the cop put it "some cunt said you were drunk" after she cut me off.
    I was towing a trailer with my bike on it. She cut me off slammed on her brakes right in front of me then called the cops on me.

You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

I fought LEO...and won!

I heard on the radio yesturday that the DJ was warning bikers after he saw the a group of about 15 sportbikes ( HE called them Crotch Rockets ) pulled over by about 4 or 5 cruisers.

Must have been the same group.

Lucky for you two the group helped you out claiming you were not with them, and the cops believed it!

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

I fought LEO...and won!

Originally posted by hessogood
    I know, right?

LISTEN TO SLAYER

everyone else gets a $450.00 ticket. One guy got a criminal infraction becuase he pissed the cop off *after* the cop gave him a civil infraction like everyone else got (the cop went back and changed it). Criminal Infractions are bad. The cop tells me and Rikard we can leave, so we take off. the cop claimed that a number of people had called 911 to complain about the pack of bikes on the highway.
    -sedition
    what was the ticket for?

it sounds like bullshit to me. i wish i had a dollar for every time iv'e been pulled for 911 calls reporting motorcycles traveling at a high rate of speed and passing on the double yellow.

the only time iv'e ever seen anyone get a ticket was when someone gave the perp a hard time

jim

"Molon labe"

I fought LEO...and won!

Glad you got out of there unscathed Its getting rediculous around here(berkshires) to ride with any number of bikes, people dropping left and right from inexpierence and over sized bikes (ego's).So the popo's just start pulling every one for any little thing sometimes like plate being bent up or not bright enough this or that.....There's alot of riders around here but i only ride with a couple of my close buddy's who i can pretty much predict thier moves after riding with them since we all started about 10 yrs ago (street),im not feeling the pay for everyone else's sh!t.I mean dont get me wrong we do our dirt but just out of town where we can get away with it and hit some corners.........later

I fought LEO...and won!

Do people call the police against loud cruisers too? Or just sportbikers?

And it's good to hear you dodged that one, Sedition.

I fought LEO...and won!

Originally posted by damannz
    i only ride with a couple of my close buddy's who i can pretty much predict thier moves after riding with them since we all started about 10 yrs ago
    *nods* a smaller group (3 to 7) where everyone knows what everyone else limits and riding style is are the best group to ride with.

LISTEN TO SLAYER

First, Rhode Islande. Who are those people and where do they come from? The whole time we were in RI, I think I only saw gixxah's and HD's. all of which has no helmet, flip-flops, etc. I also checked out those Newport mansions. I've never seen them before, pretty crazy shit.

-sedition
    And those mansions were just "summer cottages" Talk about living in excess.

I think RI might be the squid capital of New England. And the Gix is the bike of choice.