Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Selling fairings on ebay ?

100 X slower than Gerard scootertrash's Avatar

Selling fairings on ebay ?

I've purchased plenty of things from ebay but I have never sold anything. I need advice.
    Is it worth trying to sell a set of fairings on ebay? 2004 ZX10R. Some panels are good, some rashed. I see surprisingly high prices on ebay for them, even rashed. I have no idea if they actually sell or not.
    Do I try to sell the entire set together to minimize shipping headaches? Or separate, which is a pain to pack and ship each piece.
    I'm not looking to make a lot of money, I am just sick of tripping over them in the basement.
    Or is it just more of a headache than it is worth? I could toss the set on craigslist and see if anyone local wants them, to avoid shipping.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Selling fairings on ebay ?

We usually sell stuff like that at auction with 1 cent starting bid + actual shipping. Consider it recycling.

We take pictures, package it, weigh it, and run the ad from Thursday 1pm to Tuesday 1pm. When the auction ends, as soon as they pay, it’s gone.

When you’re figuring out pricing as a seller, eBay takes 10% and PayPal takes 3% of the total price (including shipping).

If I were you, I’d put the stuff in a box and take it to the post office and figure out an actual cost to ship it to California, that’d be your worst-case highest amount. Say it costs $50 to ship.

IMO, you’re better off listing it for sale for $150 with free shipping, than for $100+$50 shipping. It works out to be the same but I’m pretty sure you get higher ratings as a seller for offering free shipping.

So either way, say you sell it for $150 total. Multiply that by 0.87 = $130, that’s after eBay/PayPal fees. Now it’s gonna cost you $50 to ship. You net $80.

You may be better off joining the Facebook groups for that particular bike and posting them for sale there - you’d only get charged the 3% PayPal fee.

Quote Originally Posted by MattR302 View Post
    When you’re figuring out pricing as a seller, eBay takes 10% and PayPal takes 3% of the total price (including shipping).

If I were you, I’d put the stuff in a box and take it to the post office and figure out an actual cost to ship it to California, that’d be your worst-case highest amount. Say it costs $50 to ship.

IMO, you’re better off listing it for sale for $150 with free shipping, than for $100+$50 shipping. It works out to be the same but I’m pretty sure you get higher ratings as a seller for offering free shipping.

So either way, say you sell it for $150 total. Multiply that by 0.87 = $130, that’s after eBay/PayPal fees. Now it’s gonna cost you $50 to ship. You net $80.

You may be better off joining the Facebook groups for that particular bike and posting them for sale there - you’d only get charged the 3% PayPal fee.
    Or simply post them to Facebook Marketplace for $100.

What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
    First you screw, then you bolt.