Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sentimental Attachment

Lifer

Re: Sentimental Attachment

Keep it forever and start hording spares now. It took me like 10 years of slowly collecting only mint parts for my 01 gsxr to finally decide I had enough to last a lifetime or one very bad accident.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Sentimental Attachment

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    Keep it forever and start hording spares now. It took me like 10 years of slowly collecting only mint parts for my 01 gsxr to finally decide I had enough to last a lifetime or one very bad accident.
    The street stuff is long gone... no interest in having this a street bike again in the near future, although maybe I should find fairings/lights for if I stop taking this to the track so at least it can still be ridden. But I can probably get away wiring in a cheap headlight, brake light, and bolt up a plate like a lot of people get away with around here. I do get nervous riding Dad's bike since I don't want it damaged beyond my control and people around here suck.

I do have a spare tank, wheels, etc to keep it on track. They ran this generation for so long I feel like I should be able to find any parts pretty easily for a long while.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12