Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 74

A serious question for the board members

  1. #26
    Just Registered Crash Dummy Denno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Foxboro, MA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    7,601

    A serious question for the board members


    Quote Originally Posted by capt1014 View Post
    Would have stopped with my friend. Group I probably would have gone.
    would it have to be a "good" friend?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2008

  2. #27
    Resident Turkey Tricky Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    The burbs... where dreams go to die
    Posts
    5,952

    A serious question for the board members

    If it was just me and him, I pobably would have pulled over with him, but...
    1. I'm a moron
    2. If I were getting pulled and you stopped, I'd say "what the fuck... why did you stop?"

    At any rate, a ticket for 10 over? That's WEAK.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #28
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ma
    Posts
    10,827

    A serious question for the board members

    If a cop is trying to pull you over you stop. You don't decide that whoever pulls over first is the one he was after and keep going hoping their not in a position to stop all of you, and you don't leave a friend there under the gun and obligate him to lie about who you were because you don't have the balls to hold yourself accountable for your own actions.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

  4. #29
    Lifer richw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Baltic,CT
    Age
    72
    Posts
    4,492

    A serious question for the board members

    I am not reading the whole thread.....

    If there are emergency lights behind me I pull to the side of the road so that the vehicle can pass.

    A cop points directly at me I stop... I will usually stop so fast as to make pursuit of others difficult.

    A cop does anything else I keep going. There is a small chance that this agitates the cop and maybe a ticket is issued instead of a warning. Being a practical sort I usually take an evasive track at the 1st opportunity. make next turn, hide behind the nearest baby carriage.

    Note probably a good idea to have all cell phone numbers at hand so that you can coordinate after the event.

    Its just a money deal there is no honor or lack of honor in getting a ticket.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Glen Beck is John the Baptist

  5. #30
    I Dance With Will
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    unknown
    Posts
    8,735

    A serious question for the board members

    "accountable" i hate this fuckin word. it's insulting.

    you're only accountable because some motherfuck said you're going over the limit.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "fuckit!"

  6. #31
    IWOK Prez. bigred875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Manvile, RI
    Posts
    8,123

    A serious question for the board members

    Quote Originally Posted by richw View Post
    I am not reading the whole thread.....

    If there are emergency lights behind me I pull to the side of the road so that the vehicle can pass.

    A cop points directly at me I stop... I will usually stop so fast as to make pursuit of others difficult.

    A cop does anything else I keep going. There is a small chance that this agitates the cop and maybe a ticket is issued instead of a warning. Being a practical sort I usually take an evasive track at the 1st opportunity. make next turn, hide behind the nearest baby carriage.

    Note probably a good idea to have all cell phone numbers at hand so that you can coordinate after the event.

    Its just a money deal there is no honor or lack of honor in getting a ticket.
    no need for 2 people to get aa ticket....he got the short straw, you got lucky..next time maybe it will be the other way around...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

  7. #32
    Senior Member Rick Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    dover nh
    Age
    47
    Posts
    456

    A serious question for the board members

    How did i know would chime in on this with an incorrectly spelled curse word?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Rick Lee
    04' CRF450R Mo~tahd~ed
    75' CB750 Cafe (project)
    77' KZ750 Twin
    LRRS #676

    Quote Originally Posted by bergs View Post
    You got away by doing the the cheat code for Contra?
    "The only way this guy could have a tougher time in politics is if his name was Jihad McTerrorist." Fuggin Darrel!

  8. #33
    Dunk'n Donuts Junky™ duey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Burlington MA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    777

    A serious question for the board members

    I was stuck in a similar situation on that Memorial Day ride up in VT. I was in the back of the pack, saw the blues and pulled over right away. But the cop went for the rest of the group while my ass sat about 1/8 of a mile away. The cop did wave me over, so that was one thing that made me roll my bike towards the group. But I could've turned around like a few other riders that pulled up alongside me.

    Believe me I would've done the same as the other guys, but if those cops came after me I would've been in some serious shit trouble. So instead of risking it, i joined the group and ate the ticket(s).

    2 or even 6 hell even 10 guys I would personally stay myself.

    my .o2

    duey

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    06 SV650N **R.I.P**
    08 848 **Stolen**
    11 Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP **Lost in the divorce**
    09 YZF-R6

  9. #34
    The NEW hot Setup Manny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    4,063

    A serious question for the board members

    Quote Originally Posted by duey View Post
    I was stuck in a similar situation on that Memorial Day ride up in VT. I was in the back of the pack, saw the blues and pulled over right away. But the cop went for the rest of the group while my ass sat about 1/8 of a mile away. The cop did wave me over, so that was one thing that made me roll my bike towards the group. But I could've turned around like a few other riders that pulled up alongside me.

    Believe me I would've done the same as the other guys, but if those cops came after me I would've been in some serious shit trouble. So instead of risking it, i joined the group and ate the ticket(s).

    2 or even 6 hell even 10 guys I would personally stay myself.

    my .o2

    duey
    What you are discussing is your own fear of getting in more trouble. In this case the discussion seems to be about leaving a friend or sucking it up when you were not directly pulled over. Different issue and different circumstances.

    I'm with duey though, unles the cop is no where near me I stay cause I'm more scared of the reprocussions of taking off.....

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

  10. #35
    recluse Dangerz0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    North Providence
    Posts
    350

    A serious question for the board members

    hey if you are ever riding with me and I get pulled over.... keep going. I will even glide to a really slow stop as to hang up the cop. I mean technically we are all operating separate vehicles. If they want everyone, they will have to be specific.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #36
    I Dance With Will
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    unknown
    Posts
    8,735

    A serious question for the board members

    Quote Originally Posted by l3uddha View Post
    that's like walking up to a cop and asking him for a damn ticket.
    hey there cocksucker can i have one too.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "fuckit!"

  12. #37
    Unsafe At Any Speeds Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    :lurk:
    Posts
    12,105

    A serious question for the board members

    happened to me with a buddy of mine, and we both pulled over. cop gave us verbal warnings.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #38
    .... naked-daytrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    11 Wall Street New York, NY 10005
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,664

    A serious question for the board members

    Quote Originally Posted by l3uddha View Post
    if a cop motions me to pull over or to follow him i'll do it no question. though there is no fucking way i'm pulling over just for the hell of it if the guy behind me gets stopped. i dont care who it is. if it were a "really good" friend they'd know to do the same. there's no point in both of us getting tickets & having our insurance rates go up if it's not necessary. that's like walking up to a cop and asking him for a damn ticket.


    This is probably the best post in this thread. Down to the point and full of common sense. Thank you.... ....I don't feel as bad leaving Denno on the side of the road now............I did however tell him I would take the day off from work and go into court to testify for him if need be...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #39
    .... naked-daytrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    11 Wall Street New York, NY 10005
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,664

    A serious question for the board members

    Quote Originally Posted by hessogood View Post
    If a cop is trying to pull you over you stop. You don't decide that whoever pulls over first is the one he was after and keep going hoping their not in a position to stop all of you, and you don't leave a friend there under the gun and obligate him to lie about who you were because you don't have the balls to hold yourself accountable for your own actions.
    I don't know what it is with you when you read my posts. Do you get so worked up and angry half way through the post that the words get all blurry and you don't comprehend whats actually being written? I did pull over, I waited about 10 seconds and then I casually pulled away. My inner turmoil with the whole incident was pulling away, seeing him sitting on the side of the road in my rearview mirror and leaving him behind but at the same time I would hope no one would be dumb enough to stay with me if the same thing happened. It wasn't about accountability because there were 2 other cars in front of us and they were going the same speed so I really didn't think we were breaking the law. If we were going 100 mph in a 35 and I took off on him then that might be a whole different situation, but again, I would expect anyone else to leave.

    I feel better about this now anyway,

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #40
    Just Registered Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jericho, VT
    Posts
    19,618

    A serious question for the board members

    Oh jeesh... It was Denno? Forget it I would have left him.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

  16. #41
    Posting Freak
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    764

    A serious question for the board members

    Again, this is what happens when you ride our sweet roads in MA you get fucked. I love NH and VT.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  17. #42
    Littering and........
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    7,233

    A serious question for the board members

    Quote Originally Posted by bigred875 View Post
    no need for 2 people to get aa ticket....he got the short straw, you got lucky..next time maybe it will be the other way around...
    That sums it up perfectly.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  18. #43
    Just Registered Wishbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester
    Age
    38
    Posts
    3,738

    A serious question for the board members

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
    How did i know would chime in on this with an incorrectly spelled curse word?
    Damn I must be loosing my mind because I read his posts and auto correct the engrish

    Quote Originally Posted by hessogood View Post
    If a cop is trying to pull you over you stop. You don't decide that whoever pulls over first is the one he was after and keep going hoping their not in a position to stop all of you, and you don't leave a friend there under the gun and obligate him to lie about who you were because you don't have the balls to hold yourself accountable for your own actions.
    I usually agree with your posts but I think your way off base here. If the cop WANTED the both of them he would have got both of them. The fact that he slowed down and moved over and waited was enough. If the cop wanted to he could have said "wait here" or "ride up to the next bike" he didn't so end of story

    Quote Originally Posted by naked-daytrader View Post
    leaving Denno on the side of the road

    Told ya so! What do I win?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ~ Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it.~

  19. #44
    Member AndyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sharon, CT
    Age
    51
    Posts
    171

    A serious question for the board members

    I'd say you did the right thing. If the cop wanted to ticket you he would have gone after you instead. And it not like you took off and never contacted your friend again. I think it make sense once one gets pulled over you just wait for them up the road a bit.
    I pulled over with a friend once when a cop came up on us. I was in the lead and my friend was right behind me. I figured he was after me since I had sped up due to at car pulling out. Well it wasn't me he was after - he was busting my friend due to the location of the rear plate. But since I was there too he gave my bike a good looking over to find something, but couldn't. I can't bust him to much since he just gave my friend a warning and if he didn't change it - next time there would be a $$ ticket.
    There was another time in my bright red sports car when a cop came up on me blazing lights and I knew I was speeding so I slowed up, Well, he blew by me going after a mini van that had passed me So they'll go after who they want most.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Andy C
    05 R1
    86 VFR750

  20. #45
    First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Farmington
    Age
    42
    Posts
    17,333

    A serious question for the board members

    i woulda stopped and yelled at the cop and asked why he wasnt pulling over the 2 cars also that were obviously speeding.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

  21. #46
    Unsafe At Any Speeds Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    :lurk:
    Posts
    12,105

    A serious question for the board members

    how do you guys know the cop is pulling over your friend, and not you? sounds like you'd let the friend take the fall.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  22. #47
    I Dance With Will
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    unknown
    Posts
    8,735

    A serious question for the board members

    Quote Originally Posted by DBConz View Post
    how do you guys know the cop is pulling over your friend, and not you? sounds like you'd let the friend take the fall.
    he would have tried to go up front of the first bike. duh!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "fuckit!"

  23. #48
    I Dance With Will
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    unknown
    Posts
    8,735

    A serious question for the board members

    but but but... i'd feel better if someone else takes the fall with me.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "fuckit!"

  24. #49
    I Dance With Will
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    unknown
    Posts
    8,735

    A serious question for the board members

    Quote Originally Posted by naked-daytrader View Post
    I don't know what it is with you when you read my posts. Do you get so worked up and angry half way through the post that the words get all blurry and you don't comprehend whats actually being written? I did pull over, I waited about 10 seconds and then I casually pulled away. My inner turmoil with the whole incident was pulling away, seeing him sitting on the side of the road in my rearview mirror and leaving him behind but at the same time I would hope no one would be dumb enough to stay with me if the same thing happened. It wasn't about accountability because there were 2 other cars in front of us and they were going the same speed so I really didn't think we were breaking the law. If we were going 100 mph in a 35 and I took off on him then that might be a whole different situation, but again, I would expect anyone else to leave.

    I feel better about this now anyway,

    yeah man. i feel insulted too as if you don't know anything about accountability.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "fuckit!"

  25. #50
    Just Registered Crash Dummy Denno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Foxboro, MA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    7,601

    A serious question for the board members

    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerz0ne View Post
    hey if you are ever riding with me and I get pulled over.... keep going. I will even glide to a really slow stop as to hang up the cop. I mean technically we are all operating separate vehicles. If they want everyone, they will have to be specific.
    Quote Originally Posted by l3uddha View Post
    if a cop motions me to pull over or to follow him i'll do it no question. though there is no fucking way i'm pulling over just for the hell of it if the guy behind me gets stopped. i dont care who it is. if it were a "really good" friend they'd know to do the same. there's no point in both of us getting tickets & having our insurance rates go up if it's not necessary. that's like walking up to a cop and asking him for a damn ticket.
    +1

    look, I took the ticket and even text messaged Mark to get the fuck outta there (he was waiting around the corner) while i was getting written up... the cop asked if i were riding with the other bike and i said I have no idea who they are. i got porked as usual because i am a black hole of bad luck - end of story

    interesting thread though, for real


    hey mark, quit worrying and be a man, otherwise I'll have to physically investigate if your balls are still there!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2008

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New to the board....
    By Hamburgler in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-21-06, 08:16 PM
  2. New to the board
    By R-S-V in forum Welcome and Intro
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-16-05, 10:59 AM
  3. to ALL our '05 members....
    By OreoGaborio in forum Welcome and Intro
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-23-05, 01:46 AM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-26-04, 10:07 PM
  5. New to the board
    By rjh200 in forum Welcome and Intro
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-20-04, 01:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •