Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Service Intervals

Resident Bosox Aficionado mikem317's Avatar

Service Intervals

Where does everybody take their bikes for service intervals, and tire changes? I know I probably will need a major service soon, have to check the Owner's Manual. I was debating taking my Honda back to Naults in Manchester or take it local to Cycles 128 or Parkway? Any stories good/bad from either dealerships?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Regards,
    Mike

Where were you on October 27, 2004? // Got Wallpaper? // Special Discount for Boston Red Sox Fans! // Because even Alex Rodriguez has feelings too...

"Everytime I see a Yankee's hat, I see a swastika just a little off kilter." -- Bill "Spaceman" Lee

Service Intervals

For tire changing most people here bring their stuff to Jim in the "Read here for tire changing" sticky.

Or come up to a race weekend and there are plenty of vendors who will do it on the spot for cheap.

As for servicing, I think Jim will wrench on your bike too but if you're looking for other options good luck as afaik any dealer is going to rake you over the coals for paying for service. They just charged my dad $450 for an oil change, tranny fluid change, and a fuel filter. fucking ridiculous.

BTW - drop me a line any time you want to go for a ride, I'm in boston usually every day with the bike if you want to go during the week, or we can make plans for a weekend ride.

Service Intervals

i have bought 2 bikes from nault's in manchester and both times i brought them there for their 1st service. i don't remember the cost, but i don't recall it being outrageously expensive. i thought they were very nice to deal with and that they did a good job. i usually only bring a bike to the dealer for the 1st service in case there's something wrong that would be covered under warranty. i'm fortunate because my husband does all the other maintenance as well as mounting/balancing my tires. as a matter of fact he's changing the oil in my bike right now so i'll be ready to go for tuesday's track day

the only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.