Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Shipping a box of spares?

Shipping a box of spares?

What are some economical ways to ship a small crate of motorcycle-related items? Figure the size to hold at least front and rear stands, some exhaust parts and smaller items like sprockets, clipons, etc

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Shipping a box of spares?

All shipping companies now charge by the size of the box plus weight.. so what your shipping is going to cost no matter which company you choose ! I have heard that shipping with a bus company for large items is cheaper but I have never tried it.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I'm glad you mentioned a bus because I had that as part of my question originally but deleted it when I reworded before posting.
    I've also heard people use a train for the same purpose

The only issues I see are you have to pick it up at a bus depot or stop as they are not delivering to an specific address.

If you use the major shipping carriers FedEx Ground would probably be the cheapest.

Greyhound bus is the one that people use for shipping large stuff. Their website has a page where you can calculate costs. You would drop it off at a station near you, the receiver would pick it up at a station near them.

If you ship UPS or FedEx, see if you can ship it to the receiver’s workplace or another commercial address, this saves a good amount compared to a residential address. They’re both usually real close cost wise, and cheaper than USPS Ground (or whatever they call it now).

The USPS priority flat rate boxes are good if you’re shopping stuff that’s relatively heavy for their size. But since Covid, USPS has been hit or miss with delays, I’ve found UPS and FedEx to be lot more consistent with their delivery days.

Last edited by MattR302; 01-10-22 at 09:50 PM.