Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Shoei GT AIR

Shoei GT AIR

Anyone using this helmet? It looks pretty damn cool....lot of features. I've got a bunch of Shoei helmets and a few Suomy as well....The shoei fits me best...well, the RF1100 fit me quite well and the brandy new X12 I just picked up fits good too...

Tell me about your GT AIR...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Shoei GT AIR

I tried one on. I loved it. I have a RF1100 I love too. The Air is awesome. It's expensive.

I've sold quite a few since they came out and have only heard good things from the guys that bought them.

If it's something you're considering we've got our helmet trade promotion going on now

the only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.

I definitely want one. I had to go a size up from normal to get it to fit comfortably but once I did that it was a nice snug fit and felt great. Im working on something else right now but if that falls through the GT air is probably going to be my street lid this year.

I've got one, bought it in December. My previous two helmets were Scorpions EXO-400 and EXO-700. It's crazy to actually have vents that make a difference if they're open or closed. The pinlock works great for anti-fog. The drop-down shield is nice, but I usually wear sunglasses anyways when I ride, but then I can use the drop-down for very bright sunlight. Its got recesses for speakers, but my Sena speakers are just a hair too big, so the velcro doesn't completely catch, I'll need to put something maybe 1/8" thick or less under the velcro to raise the speaker in the recess and I'll be ok.

Regarding fit, my scorpions were a size L, as was every other helmet I tried on. My GT air is a L. It seemed slightly tight at first, but broke in nicely, supposedly it seems smaller than normal because the opening is slightly smaller for better aerodynamics. I'd say it fits a neutral to slight oval head shape, fits me similar to the RF-1100, X-12, and the Neotec. The Shoei Quest is slightly round (hurt my forehead, like my EXO-700).

I really wanted a GT Air but they just don't fit my head properly. I normally wear a 2XL RF-1000 but the 2XL GT Air clamped my head like a vise. Supposedly you can get narrower cheek pads but it wasn't something the dealer had in stock. I'm in the market for a new street helmet this year so I'll most likely be getting the RF-1200.

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Quote Originally Posted by ZX-12R View Post
    I really wanted a GT Air but they just don't fit my head properly. I normally wear a 2XL RF-1000 but the 2XL GT Air clamped my head like a vise. Supposedly you can get narrower cheek pads but it wasn't something the dealer had in stock. I'm in the market for a new street helmet this year so I'll most likely be getting the RF-1200.
    I've had an rf1000, an rf1100 (which I still wear) and just got an X12. The GT AIR really intrigues me. In the past I've worn a Scorpion EXO1000 which was great with all its features. I'm thinking the Shoei will be awesome and fit me better....Shoei's just fit me. I wish Arai did, but they dont....

Yes it's expensive but I'm ok with that.

Went to GBM and tried one on again. This time I left it on for about 10 minutes. The fit is not as good as the RF series...at least not for me.

Guess I will stick with my RF1100 for the street and my X12 for the track

The fit is not as good as the RF series...at least not for me.
    This is exactly my scenario.

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909