Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Sidi Sport boots

Sidi Sport boots

So I have a set of Sidi Canyon Gore Tex boots. These bamf's:

They are easy to get on/off, have a little armor built in and are comfortable and waterproof. But, I don't see them being good for anything more than relaxed sport riding and commuting. Just not enough protection.

My race boots are Gaerne GRS boots. These guys:

They don't seem to have much for protection either. So much so that I'm looking to replace them completely. Sure, they are comfortable, but they feel like a set of moon boots with a plastic shin strapped to the side.

Given that, what do you guys think are the best boots for my needs? They will be my new trackday/sport riding boots. My feet aren't fat guy wide feet, just normal 9.5-10 feet.

Sidi is the preferred brand since I'm an elitist dooshbag with all the most expensive/new bikes so therefore I need the best gear. Or I know that crappy gear sucks, one or the other.

They have 15 models in their "Race" category of boots. Some of them are "Air" which would be fine but not necessary, some of them are "Rain" which I'm not concerned with. I already have waterproof Sidi's. Any thoughts?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Re: Sidi Sport boots

I've been wearing the predecessor to the sport, the b2, for about 5 years now. I've done everything on 2 wheels with them.
    I'd buy the next generation in a heartbeat.
    I just gotta kill these ones first. Looking at their current state and use, I expect at least 2 more years.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

SIDI Vortice or ST

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

Reasoning behind your recommendation? Seems like a lot of options to choose from.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

I have the SIDI Vortice and have to say they're the best race boot I've ever owned. I am confident in their protection and the fit is spot on and they are highly adjustable. Not the quickest boot to take on/off but who cares for a race/trackday boot. I did not get the "air" model but find the air vents do an adequate job of cooling for my wants (you can close them, too). At the time these boots made the most sense for price, adjustability, and most of all, protection. Plus you can replace soles and other wear items.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thanks, that's the type of info I'm looking for.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

Just talked to Patricia at Seacoast. They have the Mag-1's. After doing a bit of reading, those look to be the bees feet (ha!) right there. I'm going to have to try a set of those on, see if my feet get a nice touch with them.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

Plus 1 on the SiDi Vortice. Plus the newer ones have an even buckle system than the ones I have. Mine are going on their 5th season and still in awesome shape, very comfortable to ride in, good feel on the pegs, and surprisingly comfortable to walk around in. The replaceable soles are a huge plus for a street rider IMHO, or for someone like me that ends up walking around in them rather bring a change of shoes if you go somewhere on the bike. I bought the replacement soles for mine from Patricia at Seacoast a couple months ago, still haven't changed them though.

Yamaha

She doesn't have any Vortices in stock, but she has the newest model, the Mag-1's. They look even better than the Vortices. I'll be headed up there in a week or two.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

Like others have said I'd buy another pair of the current generation of the B2's. Track and street were just fine w/o feeling like I was making a moon landing with 4 years of street and track days thrown in. The higher end models offer a bit more protection and easier replacement for consumables (toe slidders) but really only seem to make sense if you need more adjustment for a proper fit. I've run 10.5 us (what ever that is in euro) with jeans over for the street and with my track suit tucked in. Plenty of adjustment. If you have larger caves (sp?) try on the higher end boots.

Btw, trying on at the shop (Seacoast or other) seems like a good move. Worked for me.