Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Even the simplest jobs can go to crap

Lifer

Re: Even the simplest jobs can go to crap

To chase existing threads if you can't track down the right tap or chasing tap - buy a good quality bolt with the right thread and use either a hacksaw, file, or rotary cutter to put a few reliefs across several threads. Again - this is just for chasing threads, not cutting new ones...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    SSearchVT

For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar...

I got any and all the taps you might need. Let me know if you need help. My first thought was just put a auto radiator drain petcock in the pipe. Cheap easy fast.

I was changing the brake pedal and pulled out one of the wires on the brake switch. NP, just have to find the soldering iron..... After two days of searching had to go buy another - which guarantees I'll find the original.

So, yup, 20 minute job turned into days.....

The existing threads seem fine when tested with a different bolt. Appreciate the offer, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    ..., just have to find the soldering iron..... After two days of searching had to go buy another...
    I think I have 4 of them right now .

A couple weeks ago, changing my oil. 3 filter wrenches located, but not the one that I need. I'm not buying another one. Resort to channel locks. Done. Putting my tools away when I'm done. There it is! I think it was just mocking me.

I don't need more tools, I just need bigger tools, so I can find them more easily.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    I was changing the brake pedal and pulled out one of the wires on the brake switch. NP, just have to find the soldering iron..... After two days of searching had to go buy another - which guarantees I'll find the original.

So, yup, 20 minute job turned into days.....
    This is the same reason I have 3 chalk lines... After I bought the 3rd one I found the other 2 in the same frikken drawer of my toolbox...

SSearchVT

For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar...

Sorry I hadn't noticed this before now. If you ever need something like this, I'm a guy who can still make a face like a machinist (at the very least) and have a fairly well-equipped machine shop in Worcester.

I'm always willing to help. A simple donation of a craft-brewed lager, pilsner or IPA is all that is required for most jobs that require time and tools but no bought material. That which cost me money to do is a bit more than a beer.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

Nice, thanks for the offer. I'll keep it in mind next time I break something. Maybe tomorrow?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12