Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Sizing for Teknic leathers?

I have a pair of Joe Rocket 2-piece leathers (size 46) that fit me perfect. I'm 5'11" 195lb. I just tried on a pair of Teknic Lightning 2-piece (size 46) and they weren't just a little small,they were goofy too small. Would a 48 or 50 Teknic work for me or am I SOL.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

Re: Sizing for Teknic leathers?

Originally posted by swamp
    I have a pair of Joe Rocket 2-piece leathers (size 46) that fit me perfect. I'm 5'11" 195lb. I just tried on a pair of Teknic Lightning 2-piece (size 46) and they weren't just a little small,they were goofy too small. Would a 48 or 50 Teknic work for me or am I SOL.
    from New Enough's website..

Sizing Information: The fit of these jackets runs smaller than most brand/models. We estimate they run about one size smaller than normal in the small size ranges and one to two sizes smaller in the larger sizes. So, for example, if you normally buy a 42, you'll want to choose a 44 in this jacket. And if you are a big guy you'll want to buy two sizes larger than normal (buy a 52 if you normally buy a 48). To determine a size based upon your measurements, measure your chest and belly and compare this to the chart below and choose a size that will accommodate both your chest and belly

Lifer

You are probably good at 5'11" with the bigger sizes.

Teknic suits don't really work at 6' and over though. I can wear mine at 6'1" but it is not all that comfortable.

Re: Sizing for Teknic leathers?

Originally posted by swamp
    Wow,
    It sounds like you are almost identical in size to me. I'm the same height and weight and have the Teknic one piece in a 46. The two piece suits must be a bit different.

When you say that a 46 is goofy small where exactly is it too small? The only problem I have with mine is around the chest/back.

Re: Re: Sizing for Teknic leathers?

Originally posted by yamamayzf1000r

When you say that a 46 is goofy small where exactly is it too small? The only problem I have with mine is around the chest/back.
    The pants were pretty tight but the jacket was worse. It was "exhale before you try to zip it" tight. I'd say at least two sizes too small. I was bummed because the suit was like new and really cheap (less than 300).