Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Soldiers and motorcycle deaths

Me? Sarchastic?? Nooooo!! FazerChic's Avatar

Post Soldiers and motorcycle deaths

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    My shit:

2004 Yamaha FZ6 (Naked....mmmmmmm) (FOR SALE!!!! CONTACT ME FOR INFO!)
    2004 Mini Cooper - Deal's Gap tested and approved

Guys on sportbikes are so hot....until they take their helmet off. Just leave the damn thing on already!

Beware the counterfeit Mini!

Its true, they get bonuses and have all kinds of cash after being over there and they buy sportbikes. I am willing to bet they are unexpirienced and buy too big a bike. I would be curious to see more details of type of bike and length of expirience.

Bruce

Wow, that's a crazy number. Must be a lot of young guys who have zero experience on a bike, going out and buying 600 and up sportbikes...not taking safety courses, and riding reckless.

"It is important never to forget where u all came from — becoz black, white, brown or pakistani we all come from de same place — de punani."
    -Ali G

Triumph Daytona 675 SE

Posting Freak

I have a Nephew in the Marines who is station at Camp L. and he just got back from the sandbox...the following week he and 4 guys from his unit went out and all bought brand new Busa's. When he called to tell me this I told him take that shit back and get a 600. the funny thing is none of them have any ridding skills.He did not talk my advice and he has brop it 2 twice already.

Ive seen it take place a lot, they come back and have money. They think bikes are sweet (doesnt everyone?)and they buy.
    But,
    the problem is since they are "big tough guys" they think the need biggest and baddest...busa's and 1000rr's etc. and they have never even thrown a leg over a bike at this point.

That much power in wrong hands =Dead

Mike, Danvers MA.
    '03 SV 1000

upandcoming- Basically said the same thing, I was typing and ya beat me to it!

Mike, Danvers MA.
    '03 SV 1000

Those numbers are awful and the whole trend just seems to happen with a lot of young guys who all of a sudden have some cash. Whether that is from a good paying job, the army, or mommy and daddy it doesnt really matter. When I bought my bike I was in the dealership and watched a kid, who I can only assume was a drug dealer, buy a brand new ZX-10 Ninja with cash and proceed to give his two buddies 5k each so they could also buy new bikes. Would just be a little crazy to watch if I hadnt heard them ask each other how to turn on the bike, which handle was the gas, and how to brake. I'm sure they had tons of riding experience though right?

Originally posted by Phate
    I can only assume was a drug dealer, buy a brand new ZX-10 Ninja with cash and proceed to give his two employees 5k advance payment (we'll cut off your pinky at the knuckle if you don't get the shipment to Coney Island by sunrise) so they could also buy new getaway/delivery vehicles.

From article:
    ------
    "Riders who have been in accidents have told us that it's the legal crack cocaine...They say it gives them the same adrenaline rush they get driving their tank through Baghdad or whatever."

Hmm, I wonder if they are buying repli-racers or cruisers...?

Scary and sad at same time...!

Andrew
    03 Suzuki SV650

I used to sell Kawasaki's in Tucson just a few minutes down the road from the AF base there. I bet almost 1/2 the sportbikes I sold were to AF guys and gals. Most were ZX-6R's and ZX-7R's with the odd 9 mixed in to the "older" guys. Only one that I sold was ever smashed up badly, the rest may have been dropped in a parking lot or something, but nothing to major. Without a doubt though, military guys are great customers. I kind of miss those days...

OK, I just got out of the military, and I rode while I was in. I think that one of the biggest reasons why a lot of the guys are getting into accidents is because the military is making a huge deal to try and stop people from riding. It's the whole "I'm going to do this because you told me I can't" attitude. I think the approach that the base commanders are taking is very very wrong (I know the approach they took at Hill was very wrong). They should focus more on educating riders instead of trying to stop them from riding. If they invested half the energy they put into trying to stop people from riding into showing them the proper way to ride (MSF courses, maybe making their own courses, organizing rides) then maybe these new riders would not be so hasty to go out and buy a 'Busa, and get the 600 or even smaller! Thats just my opinion. Also on a side note, when I got back from Iraq my roomate (who was lauded by our commanders while we were deployed for saving the life of another airmen that had been hit by a mortar) was almost kicked out of the military because he got into a motorcycle accident. The commanders believe the only way to fix the problem is to try and control these people's lives even more then they already do

++++++++++++++++++
    Troy Brown for President
    ++++++++++++++++++

Originally posted by UPANDCOMING
    I have a Nephew in the Marines who is station at Camp L. and he just got back from the sandbox...the following week he and 4 guys from his unit went out and all bought brand new Busa's. When he called to tell me this I told him take that shit back and get a 600. the funny thing is none of them have any ridding skills.He did not talk my advice and he has brop it 2 twice already.
    Give your brother my email address. I live at Cherry Point, about 45 minutes from Jacksonville. I'll get them out riding and try to make sure they don't kill each other.

foresteronw@hotmail.com