Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Son of a B***ch!!!!!

Lifer

Son of a B***ch!!!!!

I'm changing to oil on my bike last night, things are going good, bikes on the rear stand, oils draining, got the filter off without spilling too much oil or burning my hand. The phone rings - half an hour later I'm back, all finished up, cleaned up, just got to move the bike out of the center of the garage.

I go to take the bike off the rear stand and tip it over onto the kickstand like I've done a thousand times... I forgot to put the kickstand down... I dropped my bike into the side of my car... Son of a B***ch. The damage looks like a small scratch on the tail section and mirror of the bike, and a scuff in the passenger door of the car that I can buff out (I got the rub strip back in already). I went back in the house grabbed a beer and cooled off... Damnit!!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    SSearchVT

For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar...

Son of a B***ch!!!!!

POOP that sucks! dropping my bike like that when it is so avoidable is a big fear of mine...

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Lifer

Son of a B***ch!!!!!

Almost happened to me last month too.

I have to put the kickstand up to get the side plastic off. You gotta remember to put it back down before getting it off the stand.

Luckily in my case it was the centerstand, so I was standing in the right place to catch it.

Last edited by benVFR; 06-01-06 at 09:25 AM.

Son of a B***ch!!!!!

THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.ph...&id=1185417660

Live life now!....it has an expiration date!

Friendship is like peeing in your pants,
    Everyone can see it,
    But only you can feel the true warmth.

Son of a B***ch!!!!!

Tiped over the SV last week just after I washed it. Bike was in gear, on the kickstand, and pointed slightly downhill. I popped it in neutral so I could let it warm up, reached for my gloves, and saw it slooooowlyyyy lurching forward enough to fold up the kickstand.

My helmet was hanging from the passenger peg and kept the bike from hitting the ground. Poor helmet has seen better days.

Son of a B***ch!!!!!

thats sucks man, i havent droped my bike yet... *knocks on wood*

02 R1
    06 WRX STi Sold
    01 RC51-STOLEN
    03 XR400 R(TARD) - Sold

Son of a B***ch!!!!!

Originally posted by SmokennFasTT
    thats sucks man, i havent droped my bike yet... *knocks on wood*
    You will...

Sorry but it is just a matter of time no matter how careful you are. I thought I was being really careful... here is an old story that I posted recently in ODFU:

Day 1 of new motorcycle ownership, June 1992, I just purchased my first bike, a used 1991 CBR600F. I did not have a license or permit so I paid $25 for the shop to truck it to my house. I lived at the end of a 1/2 mile driveway that snakes through some woods (it was an old run down estate that a bunch of us were renting). That afternoon I decide I am going to try my new bike out just riding up and down the driveway. I was having fun blasting up and down it, but there is a corner that had a lot of trees and as I was ready to make the turn, going way too fast, I see my roommate coming the other way in his car with *no* room to go anywhere. I immediately put both feet down and the bike starts a big wobble as I wag the bars back and forth since it doesn't seem to want to go where I point it (countersteering anyone?). I *just* missed his bumper and the look on his face must have matched mine - wide eyed horror!

Having not learned any lessons from this, I continue blasting back and forth when I decide I really should learn how quickly the bike stops. So in a straight section of the driveway I pull really hard on the front brake at about 15 mph. The bike literally stops dead before I can even think about getting my feet off the pegs. There is a very sharp crown in the driveway and the bike starts to tip. I go to put my feet down but the crown is too sharp and it goes past the balance point by the time I get the foot down. Knowing that the bike is going to go over I swing my unplanted leg over the bike and try to keep it from tipping. It was a losing battle and I am crying "no, no, no, no...!" It very gently touches the pavement and fuel starts pouring out the carbs. With all my strength and then some I heave the bike back up and stand next to it completely shaking from the exertion. At the time I was 6' and 155lbs and it was the heaviest thing I had ever lifted. After parking the bike I looked at the damage... my immaculate CBR was now damaged with some pretty deep scratches in the plastic. I just happened to have a couple American flag stickers from the dealership, and after gingerly riding back to the parking lot I put one over the scratches and it hid them perfectly.

Day 5 of bike ownership. I am washing my bike and it is a kind of gravel parking lot. It must have had just a little incline and while washing it I give the back end a little extra scrub to get off some sticky chain spooge. The pressure from me pushing with the sponge was enough to roll the bike forward off the side stand and down it went. I think I swore for about 5 minutes after that one... "G*d-dammnit! Not Again" I picked the bike back up and the clutch lever was really bent and the other side of the fairing was scratched in the same place as the opposite side. So I put another flag on that side... at least now the flags looked purposefully placed. When I rode the bike to the dealer he laughed at me, and said "already?" and handed me a new lever and then said "no problem, we go through lots of these". I felt better knowing I was probably not alone.