Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This sound.....

This sound.....

gives me wood

Click ->

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

Re: This sound.....

That sounds like Shultz!!!

Am I right KB??

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

What's Shultz?

Yamaha

now google what one sounds like when it ventilates it's cases.

-------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Honclfibr View Post
    As usual, your post displays a complete lacking in any fucking idea what you're talking about.

Hey, at least you're consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Weasel View Post

Weasel from far left field...

I'm lazy, do it for me..please

I don't know if I can hold back and may take my chances with a 08 or 09 in the spring. May have to dig into the garage fund (tax return) to help with this one

Yamaha

Mark have you been on one of them? Everyone I know that has bought one or owned one hates them. Aprilla still can't get the map right. I rode Mike Greens and the thing was all fucked up until you got the thing up round like 8 grand. Do your homework brotha!!!

Mike what th fuck is sounding like my dog???

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

KB, I've been reading a lot about them...but have never ridden one. Seems the 08/09 have improved quite a bit over the 06/07 but still have minor issues. It's not something I'd be racing with or used as a trackday tool, it'd be for street tard duty it will likely only seea couple thousand miles in a season

Yamaha

mmm, small v-twins

aww, wtf. he barely even revved it

...adventure timeadventure time...adventure time...adventure time
    hurray, strikethrough!

Word just aheads up Mark!!!

We'll be ripping up the ice sunday you in? Got a 10 turn .05 mile track plowed!!!

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

What I liked about Aprilia I've ridden ('07 RVX 550), besides the beaucoup power, is how smooooth it was. It's got a bunch of grunt that demands attention, but I actually found it easier to modulate the power of the v-twin moreso than my single ('07 TE450). The bike's power was like a combination of quick, smoker-type power combined with the traction of a thumper. I liked it, a lot. The owner had to deal with the starter issues, and getting a proper map for the exhaust, and having it visit the shop more than he liked, but he doesn't want for any other bike.

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

I just put a deposit on a SXV 550 yesterday! should take delivery in a week or so. it'll be getting a SilMoto Exhaust

yup, 2007 left-over, I don't care about the issues. ME WANTS!

Mark, I grabbed one of the leftovers from Seacoast, the price was just too hard to pass up and they've been really cool so far. Seem to know their shit about these bikes. John Martin and their techs have answered every question mine instantly, and with the CORRECT response. Brand new build, 1 yr extended warranty, all properly setup with latest updates, etc.. I'll just beat the shit out of it from day 1 and see how it goes. If any issue crop up, I'm confident Seacoast and Aprilia will stand up and deliver.

Weasel, dont sock me in the eye

Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    I just put a deposit on a SXV 550 yesterday! should take delivery in a week or so. it'll be getting a SilMoto Exhaust

Mark, I grabbed one of the leftovers from Seacoast, the price was just too hard to pass up ...
    This should push him over the edge.

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

Mark, I grabbed one of the leftovers from Seacoast, the price was just too hard to pass up and they've been really cool so far. Seem to know their shit about these bikes. John Martin and their techs have answered every question mine instantly, and with the CORRECT response. Brand new build, 1 yr extended warranty, all properly setup with latest updates, etc.. I'll just beat the shit out of it from day 1 and see how it goes. If any issue crop up, I'm confident Seacoast and Aprilia will stand up and deliver.

Weasel, dont sock me in the eye
    John is who I talked with when asking about the SXV. That bike you're buying would be in my basement now if they had given me what they said they would for my R1 the first time I talked to him. I read somewhere that they were offering them for $5,995? It's a smoken deal for sure

Congrats on the new ride, put up some pictures when you get it

Quote Originally Posted by ChR1s View Post
    This should push him over the edge.
    Nothing needs to be done to push me over the edge, my mind has already been made up I am getting a SXV 550, I just don't know when and from where. I've seen 08's in the $7,800 range brand new, street legal with a 1 year warrantee

Yamaha

guess they have two left-over '07s at least a week ago they did. yeah, 5995 was too hard to pass up!

pics for sure when the beast is home safe. i cant freekin wait.

Beta 200RR

Whhhhhaaat!? We're definitely gonna hafta do some tard rides. That will be one sick pair of bikes.

Paul_E_D

i keep dreaming of fav backroads, small twisty hilly, that are gonna be soooo fun

Beta 200RR

My favorite tard rides are 10% paved roads, 90% dirt road/trail You'll be amazed at how fun a Motard is trail riding or dualsport riding, The big footprint always seems to find traction.

This is going to be the Tard season, I can tell

Yamaha

If I don't go for another R1 or ZX10 this year maybe I'll join youse, with one of these:

Last edited by ChR1s; 01-15-09 at 05:01 AM.

Is that thing a 750? Should be fun! I agree R7, dirtroads are the best on a motard.

Paul_E_D

thats what i'm psyched about, ive got lots of half pavement half dirt roads around the mountain here. perfect style bike to rip anywhere. prob throw a set of Scorpion Syncs on this bike too, ive really liked my last two sets.

only real drag that i think will suck the most is the tank size. wind blast and hard seat i'm used to but super-low milage per tank will make mapping routes a little different.

Beta 200RR

thats what i'm psyched about, ive got lots of half pavement half dirt roads around the mountain here. perfect style bike to rip anywhere. prob throw a set of Scorpion Syncs on this bike too, ive really liked my last two sets.

only real drag that i think will suck the most is the tank size. wind blast and hard seat i'm used to but super-low milage per tank will make mapping routes a little different.

I was worried about that with my KTM but it really hasn't been an issue. Yeah a day of single track will only give about 40 miles per tank, I've gotten over 100 miles out of it though on dualsport rides, not bad for a 2 gallon tank. Doesn't the SXV have a 2.8 gallon tank or is it 3?

So, does Seacoast still have the other 07 SXV left over?
    I've heard nothing but good things about them so I trust they will take care of any problems with the bike. It's just gonna suck going up there for service when the motor pops
    I'm thinking

Yamaha

only real drag that i think will suck the most is the tank size.
    that's the only thing that's going to suck? i think you might be in for a surprise. oh well, leave it to a (former) buell owner to be ever the optomist about a quirky, V-twin that may or may not either be awesome or explosive.

enjoy the new bike buddy...i actually want that 550 motor, it just needs to be cramed into a 250 GP bike sort of thing not a motard. maybe i could borrow yours? just the motor not the whole bike.

-------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Honclfibr View Post
    As usual, your post displays a complete lacking in any fucking idea what you're talking about.

Hey, at least you're consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    I was worried about that with my KTM but it really hasn't been an issue. Yeah a day of single track will only give about 40 miles per tank, I've gotten over 100 miles out of it though on dualsport rides, not bad for a 2 gallon tank. Doesn't the SXV have a 2.8 gallon tank or is it 3?

So, does Seacoast still have the other 07 SXV left over?
    I've heard nothing but good things about them so I trust they will take care of any problems with the bike. It's just gonna suck going up there for service when the motor pops
    I'm thinking
    huh, not that bad, guess i'll see how it goes. the SXV has a 2.1 gal tank

yup, Seacoast had two '07s left over when i talked to them a few weeks ago. unless they were talking about 1 SXV and 1 RXV but I don't think thats the case, pretty sure they said 2 SXV 550s.

Beta 200RR

that's the only thing that's going to suck? i think you might be in for a surprise. oh well, leave it to a (former) buell owner to be ever the optomist about a quirky, V-twin that may or may not either be awesome or explosive.

enjoy the new bike buddy...i actually want that 550 motor, it just needs to be cramed into a 250 GP bike sort of thing not a motard. maybe i could borrow yours? just the motor not the whole bike.
    nah, dont think i'll be surprised. just dont think big bikes work for me any more. a lighter bike with a little suspension will rip on fav roads around here. all the better if its got a lil twin in it.

most of the machines i like are quirky so none of that phases me. i knew it with the Buell too. that's what gives it soul.

550 motor (and frame) in some other form? voila!

Beta 200RR

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast