Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Speaking of demo/test rides -- H-D, Victory, Yamaha, Triumph, Royal Enfield

Re: Speaking of demo/test rides -- H-D, Victory, Yamaha, Triumph, Royal Enfield

Buddy of mine just bought a sidecar that's hitched to a triumph rocket. He said it just motors but is no match for his hi perf sidecar hitched to a concourse.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2013 ZX6R-636

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    I had the Tiger 800 for four days in California. I threw 1400 miles at it. Call it an extended test ride. My opinion of it is quite similar to Phils. I suspect that I agree with him that the 800cctriple just doesn't do it for me. I think I'm just a V-twin kinda guy. Which is crazy because I expected to love it.

More here.
    The 800 is "Too small to be big, too big to be small." Totally underwhelming as a road bike, other than saying Triumph on the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    The 800 is "Too small to be big, too big to be small." Totally underwhelming as a road bike, other than saying Triumph on the tank.
    Not if you're 5'8" and 160 lbs. Then it's pretty damn good all around.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    I'm a bit bigger at 5'10" and 205-210, but my T800 is the bike that suits me best. It's rare that I go more than 15 over a posted limit because I have to be a good boy to drive my company car, but it'll do more when I want it to. And I find it to be every bit as enjoyable as a road bike as my Tiger 955i or Sprint RS was, barely noticing the little bit less torque that is has vs. the 955.

No one bike is going to impress everyone as a daily rider street bike, but this one does it for me. About the only thing I'll be changing at some point is the seat and windscreen, for greater comfort.

2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

Lifer

Yeah, I don't get that comment either. I found the Tiger 800 had noticeably more power than my DL650 without noticeably more weight. (In fact, the Tiger is spec'ed as lighter.) The ergos were great. The seat was great. The brakes were stunning.. Definitely neither too small nor too big. As a general rule, I happen to think that 700-900cc is the sweet spot for motorcycle engine size.

I found the windscreen sucked. (Don't they all?)
    I was disappointed by the fuel mileage and range.
    Handling was a little off. Needs suspension help maybe? Disappointed on a machine priced this way.
    I was not a huge fan of the character of the engine, but that's a personal thing and I completely understand why others like them so.

In the end, I'm just not willing to pay for one. But it is a fine motorcycle. Worthy of the praise it has received.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12