Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First speeding ticket

First speeding ticket

I was with a buddy on 202 north riding aroung the Quaban res, never seen cops on this road before. I can around a turn with my buddy behind me and there was a cop coming the other way. he says he clocked me at 71 and my friend at 66. the cop was polite and all, not a dink. well anyways he wrote on the ticket that it was a 45 mph zone, infact it is a 50, i went back and checked. also he forgot to check off radar, estimated, or clocked on the ticket. i have a really good chance of beating this ticket, anyone got any helpful tips for me?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    05 Yamaha R6 Raven
    04 Yamaha R6 blue - shipped to Cali -Palomar Mountain owned it

First speeding ticket

NO

But ask Mass guys what counts against
    insurance usually 15 over or above

if that's the case try to show up and plead to 14 over etc

IN NY 71 in a 45 will get you a 6 week suspension more than 20 over

FInd out if that's a big F'n if so I vote for a lawyer

PS There is a cop on that road every other time I went on it , known speed trap to avoid amherst

Glen Beck is John the Baptist

First speeding ticket

Originally posted by richw
    But ask Mass guys what counts against
    insurance usually 15 over or above

if that's the case try to show up and plead to 14 over etc
    Unfortunately, in MA a ticket is a ticket, they ALL count against insurance (all moving violations, from 1mph over to expired inspection, everything).

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

First speeding ticket

Unfortunately, in MA a ticket is a ticket, they ALL count against insurance (all moving violations, from 1mph over to expired inspection, everything).

What if you get the ticket outside of MA? Do out of state tickets count towards MA points?

First speeding ticket

Originally posted by Lucky13

What if you get the ticket outside of MA? Do out of state tickets count towards MA points?
    Depends on if the state is reciprocal with MA or not. VT is non reciprocal or so I am told (haven't tested it) but I know NH, ME, OH, PA, RI, CT, and NY are... don't ask HOW I know

Cheers,
    Chris

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

First speeding ticket

Depends on if the state is reciprocal with MA or not. VT is non reciprocal or so I am told (haven't tested it) but I know NH, ME, OH, PA, RI, CT, and NY are... don't ask HOW I know

That sux..Insurance is the biggest scam going...

First speeding ticket

I can attest that VA, NJ,MD and DE are all not. Been prooven. Got 3 in VA in a month. That would be a lost licese here.

Bruce

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

First speeding ticket

Funny...got a high ticket in CT, on 91 in Enfield...$300 something...I did fight it, they cut in half, and it NEVER showed up to my insurances in MA.

Originally posted by hohum

Cheers,
    Chris

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

First speeding ticket

Originally posted by MissTwisties
    Funny...got a high ticket in CT, on 91 in Enfield...$300 something...I did fight it, they cut in half, and it NEVER showed up to my insurances in MA.
    There is something of a matter of luck to it to (whether the officer records it properly/computers are in synch/notified, etc)... I have got a few tickets in ME that never showed up, but also have got one that did...

First speeding ticket

How do you fight a ticket?

What if the officer shows up? Then what do you say? It seems so black and white..Either you were speeding or you weren't.

First speeding ticket

This reminds me I need to get a radar dectector ASAP!

First speeding ticket

What if the officer shows up? Then what do you say? It seems so black and white..Either you were speeding or you weren't.
    well the first date you go before a magestrate and a rep from the police shows up, its not the actual cop (i may be wrong). after that if i loose i will request a court date and then i believe the actual cop has to show, if he doesn't, i win.

so he didn't mark on the ticket how he got my speed, therefore there is no evidence he used radar or not. he marked nothing (mistake #1) so i can plead that i came around a turn, the cop immediatle turned on his lights before he drove past me. i was an easy target, a guy on a sports bike and it sounded loud because of my exaust. it looks / sounded fast and there is no record of radar, i was an easy target. i was not speeding blah blah. and i will take pictures of the 50 mph posted speed limit, not the 45 he wrote on the ticket (mistake #2). i didn't even see a radar gun on or in his car. there is no way he clocked my speed driving toward me. its bull.

05 Yamaha R6 Raven

First speeding ticket

Sounds like you have a good chance of beating it. Then again, I don't know shit..

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

First speeding ticket

1. get ahold of Suf D.
    2. estimated means that he saw you and estimated that you were speeding then he clocked you. My first tix in MA said that and I didn't know what it measnt, fought it on that basis that he estimated my speed - boy was I wrong.

Bras cause cancer.

First speeding ticket

Originally posted by Nikon
    1. get ahold of Suf D.
    2. estimated means that he saw you and estimated that you were speeding then he clocked you. My first tix in MA said that and I didn't know what it measnt, fought it on that basis that he estimated my speed - boy was I wrong.
    ya but the cop did not check radar, estimated, or clock, left it blank.......

05 Yamaha R6 Raven

First speeding ticket

Just curious, what does your friend's ticket say?

First speeding ticket

he checked radar on his, he forgot on mine.

05 Yamaha R6 Raven

Alrighty then..........

First photo copy your ticket front and back then send it in within the 20 days they give you.

Go to the post office and get the green ticket with bar coding and 20 digits for a tracking number / proof of mailing.

Then go to the hearing where they'll probably offer you 50% off.

Here's where you have to decide if its completely winable..........

We need to see the ticket too.................

Estimated can be anything but I argue estimated is visual.
    The training and law specifies that a visual estimation be made first, then use the radar etc to verify a speed reading......

IMHO Estimated while driving against each other is a visual estimate...... depending on how close you were grouped, the closing rate/sample rate of the gun may not be fast enough to get you both...........but I haven't seen the "unit" or your location of this "infraction.........."

Get a picture of the tiket and send it along...........
    -Suf Daddy

Suf Daddy.

First speeding ticket

i already copied the front of the ticket and mailed it

i can take a picture of the ticket and email it to you or if i post it up i gotta blank some of the info out of it. ill do that tonight.

i don't care if they cut it in 1/2, i don't want the surcharge points on my insurance

05 Yamaha R6 Raven

All out assault then

You'll find the clerk MAgistrate hearing a waste of time...........

Gather all the info you can (especially the officers' notes about the incident) You're trying to figure out how this happened....

Court is in your future.

You question the officer after he testifies.
    QUESTION.........
    all points of his testimony.

I don't testify because it give them a chance to get you to admit to things.........

The crucial point is what he filled out on the ticket.
    THEN how you "attack" his speed reading. WAS IT backed up with a radra unit? Which one? Where's its certification certificate...........

That's the meat of the situation.
    -Suf Daddy

Suf Daddy.

Suf Daddy.

remember these pooints you made here too.

Include these picture items about the speed zone etc.........

Originally posted by Beantown R6
    well the first date you go before a magestrate and a rep from the police shows up, its not the actual cop (i may be wrong). after that if i loose i will request a court date and then i believe the actual cop has to show, if he doesn't, i win.

so he didn't mark on the ticket how he got my speed, therefore there is no evidence he used radar or not. he marked nothing (mistake #1) so i can plead that i came around a turn, the cop immediatle turned on his lights before he drove past me. i was an easy target, a guy on a sports bike and it sounded loud because of my exaust. it looks / sounded fast and there is no record of radar, i was an easy target. i was not speeding blah blah. and i will take pictures of the 50 mph posted speed limit, not the 45 he wrote on the ticket (mistake #2). i didn't even see a radar gun on or in his car. there is no way he clocked my speed driving toward me. its bull.

Suf Daddy.

MS FOR GROUP LEADER

MS is now one of the bad guys...............

Sounds like a harley mentality............
    -Suf Daddy

Suf Daddy.

First speeding ticket

Originally posted by hohum

Cheers,
    Chris
    I donno, i got a ticket in Maine, one in NH (the cop actually told me they don't recipriacate if it's less than 15mph over), and one in Vt all in the past 3 years and not one has shown on my driving record or insurance I'm in RI as well and i don't know to many important people to clean the junk up if it gets on my record

Yamaha

Littering and........

First speeding ticket

Originally posted by Mystery Squid
    BTW, if I'm elected President, I'm gonna make a national registry of motor vehicles, and you'll be the Registrar. Annual salary of $732,000 and a cabinet of "yes-men" to do your bidding.

highsider will, of course, be head of the DEA.
    YES!!! Smoke 'em if you got 'em....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast