Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Spot versus InReach versus?

xxaarraa

Spot versus InReach versus?

I am looking for opinions/reviews from folks that have a Spot or InReach or equivalent. I know they each offer varying tiers of subscription plans, but I am curious about how effective each provider's SOS/911 service is. I am particularly interested in coverage overseas (Central America). If anyone has experience, I'd appreciate your feedback.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Spot versus InReach versus?

Quote Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
    I am looking for opinions/reviews from folks that have a Spot or InReach or equivalent. I know they each offer varying tiers of subscription plans, but I am curious about how effective each provider's SOS/911 service is. I am particularly interested in coverage overseas (Central America). If anyone has experience, I'd appreciate your feedback.
    Subscribed. I wanna buy an EPIRB for my boat next. Two totally different animals but used for similar reasons.

What is an EPIRB?

[SIGPIhttp://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic8737_4.gifC][/SIGPIC]

I have a spot that I used a few years back for a trip to Gaspe. Worked well the whole time, 3-4 OK messages shot home everyday, never missed a beat. Luckily never had to use the emergency button. Not sure how well it would work in CM.

Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Lifer

ADVRider has a lot of discussion on these devices, their experiences with customer service, device integrity, and reception. Might even find a few who've used the emergency features.

nedirtriders.com