Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Sprint Officially Totaled

And apparently I rode it too much. The InsCo would have given me $8400 IF the bike had under 3400 miles. Shit, I had that many miles on it in the first two months. I had 13,600 on it.

They're giving me $7K, this will make the next purchase a bit more challenging. I suppose I'll be getting even more open-minded...

JB

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Dont take thier first offer. Of course they are gonna low ball you at first. Tell them you put custom parts on it, you took very good care of it, just added tires, or chain and sprockets....You can talk them up.

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybob View Post
    And apparently I rode it too much. The InsCo would have given me $8400 IF the bike had under 3400 miles. Shit, I had that many miles on it in the first two months. I had 13,600 on it.

They're giving me $7K, this will make the next purchase a bit more challenging. I suppose I'll be getting even more open-minded...

JB
    $7k is a nice down payment on whatever you might want (within reason of course).

+1 on not taking the first offer. I got a car totalled for the amount I paid, but I had to refuse to sign the first three amounts the insurance company offered me. I just kept telling them "no I'm not signing it until I agree with the settlement". You pay for this shit every month. Don't let them rape you.

Last edited by 978chris; 09-15-07 at 08:47 AM.
    2007 GSX-R600
    1997 ZX-9R (sold)
    1979 RD400F Daytona Special (sold - i know, i know)
    Had at one point or another for off-road: KX125, Four-trax 250R, 250 3wheeler, XR250, XR400

Quote Originally Posted by mycirus View Post
    Dont take thier first offer. Of course they are gonna low ball you at first. Tell them you put custom parts on it, you took very good care of it, just added tires, or chain and sprockets....You can talk them up.

Bruce
    +1 Maintanence and condition are far better indicators of value than mileage. Tell them your bike was in better condition than most with much lower mileage.

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Good luck in the new bike hunt!

Do not settle with the insurance company yet. Make sure to do your homework and check the market for that bike to get the current market price, check NADA for mileage deductions and so on. You can get them up!

Just Registered The Crashing Tomato's Avatar

The first bike I totaled was an 88 hurricane 600. the kbb on it was 2800 ins co offered 1800. I laughed at the guy .... he asked what was so funny. I reminded him that with all the policies I carried at the time that I paid his co over 6000 in premiums the least they could do was give me replacement cost for the bike. a couple of phone calls later and I got a check for 2700.
    they have a job to do .... remind them it's their job to help you out!

fight for your right to ride!!

---------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by hammadown .....
    The rule is:
    If even Zip Tie Alley says, "no you shouldn't use a zip tie on that" you REALLLLLLY shouldn't use a zip tie on that! lol

John -

an 04' Beemer

04 BMW R1150R04

I was able to get about 1k extra with 15 mins talking to the guy the first time he called with an offer. Fight it

~ Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it.~

I finally got around to looking up KBB on my Sprint. The number the adjustor gave me was accurate, $8315. BUT he quoted me an expected accumulated mileage of 3400 miles. KBB has that number at 10,600 for street and touring bikes with a displacement over 750cc.

It appears they may have "misread" the tables.

NADA is a subscription service. Can anyone check the NADA numbers for me?

Are there other major valuation services I can check?

Also not accounted for where the side bags, new Metzeler Z6s, and the exquisite care that was given to the bike :-)

I think they still owe me a little money.

Yar, I love the insurance industry.

JB

Dude, you know what it was worth to you, I'd keep pushing until they start coming back with the same number.

You should be able to go a few rounds I would think.

2007 GSX-R600
    1997 ZX-9R (sold)
    1979 RD400F Daytona Special (sold - i know, i know)
    Had at one point or another for off-road: KX125, Four-trax 250R, 250 3wheeler, XR250, XR400

I just want to be able to replace it with a comparable ride and $7000 less the deductible won't allow me to do that.

Can't let "the man" get you down.

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybob View Post
    I just want to be able to replace it with a comparable ride and $7000 less the deductible won't allow me to do that.

Can't let "the man" get you down.

John
    Have you asked them what they're paying for your gear yet? I got full replacement for helmet, jacket, pants, gloves and boots. No questions asked. I just sent them a figure and they were like, "ok, we'll add that onto your check."

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese-GSXR View Post
    Have you asked them what they're paying for your gear yet? I got full replacement for helmet, jacket, pants, gloves and boots. No questions asked. I just sent them a figure and they were like, "ok, we'll add that onto your check."
    I discussed gear with the adjustor and except for the helmet he was pushing back. He was a real advocate for his company. Do these guys get compensated for convincing policyholders to settle low?

From here on out I'll be working directly with the person assigned to the claim.

John