Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

THIS SUCKS

THIS SUCKS

ok well i found out i have to go in for a surgery on my shoulder and am going to be down for about a month well they told me longer that that but said i will be able to be out of the sling and using my arm in a month so thats when ill be back on the bike. im going in on the 23 of this month. so any rinding going on let me know i need to get as much in as i can in the next week or so.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: THIS SUCKS

Sorry to hear that man. What makes matters even worse is the timing.

I've got nothing to add really. Just wanted to make sure your avatar is preserved in case you change it.

Carry on ....

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese-GSXR View Post
    I've got nothing to add really. Just wanted to make sure your avatar is preserved in case you change it.

Carry on ....
    That is one hell of a ninja foot!!!

Unofficial self proclaimed official NESR plumber.

"Ah shit son, datz be a Ducati!"-Random kid in Methuen.

Sorry to hear. Hope you get much riding in now.

yeah the wost is that i had this checked out by another doc over the winter and he said it was fine now that the pain has got worse i seen a diff doc and i have to go in if the first doc got it i would be done already and wouldnt cut into ridin time.

North Reading (also known as the North Pole)

What are you having for surgery??

If it has anything to do with your labrum (typically waht gets torn when you seperate your shoulder) say goodbye for the next two months at LEAST!

2006 Ducati Monster S2R800

That sucks whats wrong with it? I had a 3rd degree shoulder separation a couple months ago and couldn't use that arm for about a month. I managed to ride shortly after getting the sling off but going over any bumps made the shoulder pretty angry.

Tim
    '05 GSXR1000

That sucks man! If the weather clears up I'll be down for a ride.

Think of it this way, the time you can't ride you can spend doing all the little things on the bike you couldn't do if you were riding it...

I just had a laberal repair back in the middle of February. Im just getting back to normal. My doctors did not prepare me for how long and painful the recovery would be. Physical therapy for the first two months was one of the most painful things Ive ever been through. I wasn't able to sleep through the night until about 8 weeks out. Ive been back on the bike for almost a month. At first ~1 hour was all I could take now thats up to around 2. I couldn't drive my car for 6 weeks also since its a standard.

. At this point there is still some pain which is about the same as it was before surgery. It should drop to nothing with a few more months. Shoulder is firmly in the socket now. My shoulder only came completely out of socket twice. Problem I had was 10+ times a day it would partially come out/pop and it was tearing up all the soft tissues.

Try physical therapy first. I did it leading up to my surgery and it made my shoulder feel worlds better. It didn't help with the popping I was getting though. That might get you through the summer and then you'll be laid up off season.

if you're afraid of those rotors get rusty, lemme know

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

North Reading (also known as the North Pole)

Man I feel your pain. I had mine done with a full capsulotomy april 2007 and it still isnt 100%. I cant bench anywhere NEAR what I used to. Its overall better.

I couldnt sleep in my own bed for 2 months because lying down was too painful and I would roll onto it. I still have knots in my bike from the surgery to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by banzairx7 View Post
    I just had a laberal repair back in the middle of February. Im just getting back to normal. My doctors did not prepare me for how long and painful the recovery would be. Physical therapy for the first two months was one of the most painful things Ive ever been through. I wasn't able to sleep through the night until about 8 weeks out. Ive been back on the bike for almost a month. At first ~1 hour was all I could take now thats up to around 2. I couldn't drive my car for 6 weeks also since its a standard.

. At this point there is still some pain which is about the same as it was before surgery. It should drop to nothing with a few more months. Shoulder is firmly in the socket now. My shoulder only came completely out of socket twice. Problem I had was 10+ times a day it would partially come out/pop and it was tearing up all the soft tissues.

Try physical therapy first. I did it leading up to my surgery and it made my shoulder feel worlds better. It didn't help with the popping I was getting though. That might get you through the summer and then you'll be laid up off season.

2006 Ducati Monster S2R800