Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Steel brake lines on 07 CBR600rr?

Steel brake lines on 07 CBR600rr?

Anyone have an 07 or later CBR600 and install dual steel lines?

I ordered them up, including a bleeder bolt for the master cylinder... but upon closer inspection I'm not sure if it will fit?

The 07 and later CBR's have the upper banjo bolt going straight down... and I'm afraid a longer bolt won't clear the fairings, etc.

Anyone do it?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Re: Steel brake lines on 07 CBR600rr?

There's a company called HEL that will custom build'em for virtually any bike.

http://helperformance.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    ...I have your pants!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    There's a company called HEL that will custom build'em for virtually any bike.

http://helperformance.com/

I don't think the issue is the lines it's how they are routed, ss lines don't follow oem contours and the banjo bolt being the issue. 35 the banjo bolt goes down? Doesn't a double banjo only add 3/8 of of an inch? pm chuck he might have ss lines on his blade.

Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    35 the banjo bolt goes down? Doesn't a double banjo only add 3/8 of of an inch? pm chuck he might have ss lines on his blade.
    Yep... the stock banjo goes straight down... never seen one like that before.

The stock setup only has a single line... and they put a 90 degree bend in it. (So it comes up from the brakes vertically then turns horizontal under the master cylinder.)

I'm worried there won't be space for two lines to come up and turn 90 degrees... plus the extra bleed nipple.

Tony
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

I don't know about stock stuff as mine has only had race fairings on it since I bought it and came with the SS lines and Woodcraft clip ons. I'm not sure the banjo bolt is gonna fit, if it does I'd bet it would be real tight. but with the bolt going up through the bottom of the master a bubble getting caught there isn't as much of an issue as it is on a radially mounted master.

if you're worried about it just get a Brembo that has a built in bleeder on top of the master

good point that the bubble is less likely to trap at the top with this setup...

Tony
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Quote Originally Posted by 35racer
    Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    35 the banjo bolt goes down? Doesn't a double banjo only add 3/8 of of an inch? pm chuck he might have ss lines on his blade.
    Yep... the stock banjo goes straight down... never seen one like that before.

The stock setup only has a single line... and they put a 90 degree bend in it. (So it comes up from the brakes vertically then turns horizontal under the master cylinder.)

I'm worried there won't be space for two lines to come up and turn 90 degrees... plus the extra bleed nipple.
    You have a radial master. Shouldn't need a bleed nipple on the banjo bolt as there isnonenonntop of the master cylinder. No need for one on the banjo at the master.

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    You have a radial master. Shouldn't need a bleed nipple on the banjo bolt as there isnonenonntop of the master cylinder. No need for one on the banjo at the master.
    hmmm.... this is news to me, Degs.

I am not at the bike, but are you saying there is an actual bleed nipple somewhere that I am missed ... or the nature of this type of master cylinder is that it bleeds off air?

Tony
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

beige camry attack mojobreakfast's Avatar

I put Speigler SS lines on my 08 CBR600RR before I sold it. It was one down from the master cylinder to the caliper (left or right, your choice I think) and then a double banjo at the caliper and a shorty "up and over" line to the other caliper. I know this isn't a true dual line setup but it worked really well.

no bikes currently

Quote Originally Posted by mojobreakfast View Post
    I put Speigler SS lines on my 08 CBR600RR before I sold it. It was one down from the master cylinder to the caliper (left or right, your choice I think) and then a double banjo at the caliper and a shorty "up and over" line to the other caliper. I know this isn't a true dual line setup but it worked really well.
    Yeah...that is similar to stock... which would probably work just fine too but I already ordered the dual line setup.

Tony
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

I also got a double banjos on the hel lines on my 07 600rr. Fairing clearance is fine with my race bodywork.

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Quote Originally Posted by 35racer
    hmmm.... this is news to me, Degs.

I am not at the bike, but are you saying there is an actual bleed nipple somewhere that I am missed ... or the nature of this type of master cylinder is that it bleeds off air?
    Yes, the 07 and up came with the radial master. It has a bleed nipple on top. It's next to the remote reservoir hose. A bleeder on the banjo is redundant.

Yes, the 07 and up came with the radial master. It has a bleed nipple on top. It's next to the remote reservoir hose. A bleeder on the banjo is redundant.
    You da man, Degs! Just got a chance to check out the bike and sure enough there is a bleed nipple near the master. It's not attached to the bolt that holds the line in, which is the only place I had ever seen them before.

Cool...thanks all!

Tony
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Quote Originally Posted by 35racer View Post
    You da man, Degs! Just got a chance to check out the bike and sure enough there is a bleed nipple near the master. It's not attached to the bolt that holds the line in, which is the only place I had ever seen them before.

Cool...thanks all!
    So how did you end up Tony? did everything go smooth with the installation?

Quote Originally Posted by dudutzu View Post
    So how did you end up Tony? did everything go smooth with the installation?
    Yep...installation went smooth and no issues.

thanks !!!!!

Tony
    www.TonysTrackDays.com