Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

STOLEN BIKE: 2008 CBR 600RR Silver/Black

2WT

STOLEN BIKE: 2008 CBR 600RR Silver/Black

Hello Everyone,

On Weds July 6th my bike was stolen out of my driveway. There must have been a few people though because they had to wedge it between 2 SUV vehicles and there are marks/scratches on the vehicles from the rubber handlebar grips and levers.

Below is a picture of the bike. I had it 1 day shy of 2 months. I hate god damn thieves but am guessing it's already in pieces.

It was taken from Lynn, MA around 12:30am - 6am on July 6th.

Plate Number: 1D1 949 (Massachusetts - If seen report to police please)
    VIN: JH2PC40058M105867

More information: http://www.josephcrawford.com/2011/0...008-cbr-600rr/ AND http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/mcy/2479652344.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: STOLEN BIKE: 2008 CBR 600RR Silver/Black

Now thats a hell of a first post. I'm sorry to hear about the theft of your bike. Hopefully the police find it in time.

2WT

yeah i had it posted on 600rr.net and someone suggested i post it here. I figured why not since I did not know this forum existed

Hope you had insurance......and welcome.

Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
    08 CBR 1000RR street bike
    99 R6 track bike
    02 F4i sold to a nesr member

Posting Freak

When your insurance gets you a new one (assuming your right and this ones in pieces) come back and visit a while.

-Nick

Ohh...yeah...I saw you post on 600rr.net. I told you to join NESR.

Sorry for your loss. As others pointed out hopefully you have insurance. Regardless, it looks like you are making an honest attempt to locate it.

Good luck!!

2WT

yep I had full coverage on the bike so all is good. It's just a 2-week waiting game now to see if the bike turns up, if not they will cut me a check and I will get another bike. What a pain in the ass though eh...

I didn't even own the bike for a full 2 months

Now I don't know if I should get a Honda or another bike, seems like the Honda's are hot commodities for thieves or is that just ALL sport bikes?

2WT

now that i know about this forum I will be around lurking and posting from time to time thanks for the referral Eddie, I was not sure which Eddie to put in the referral line so you didn't get credit lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jcrawford View Post
    now that i know about this forum I will be around lurking and posting from time to time thanks for the referral Eddie, I was not sure which Eddie to put in the referral line so you didn't get credit lol.
    Sure thing. This forum is very resourceful. You will find out about local events, rides and trackday info. A good place to make friends too. BTW...I'd definitely stick with another Honda.

All sport bikes really, but GSX-Rs and Hondas do seem to get stolen more frequently. Don't let that deter you though, just put Lo-Jack on the next one.

Original

its not just honda , all of em are a hot commodity.

sorry about the bike, hopefully ins. dont drag their feet

.:|LaRNZ|:.

2WT

oh also note that it has factory turn signals that picture was at the dealer prior to me taking ownership and to sell it they had to put the stock turn signals back on so it does not have those flush mounts, dang just noticed that.

Lifer

Fuckin' hang the fuckers!

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    All sport bikes really, but GSX-Rs and Hondas do seem to get stolen more frequently. Don't let that deter you though, just put Lo-Jack on the next one.
    Listen to This Bitch. She's got the

Jake
    2006 ZX-10R
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

2WT

I told my fiance that had I heard them I would have scared the shit out of them. I dunno about you but I would be scared if all the sudden some dude leaps from the second story window onto a Toyota Highlander blowing out a few windows due to impact and running after them.

Sad that I did not hear them, not only would they have been scared but I would have made sure their trip ended at the hospital.

Though if they have the balls to take a bike out of a driveway there would be more than one and all those lil thug wanna be bangers carry guns these days. Kinda glad I didn't hear em'

2WT

I will def have LoJack in the next one.

I have Lojack on my 07 GSXR 750.. but personally I dont know that id want the bike back if it gets stolen and raped around town.

Goodluck with being made whole, the situation sucks.

Add me on LinkedIN
    Buying or selling a car? Free listings - FeaturedCars.com

Bikes:
    07 GSXR 750 (Street)
    88 YSR50 (Street Hilarity)

2WT

yea that's another side I was thinking of and kinda hoping it's gone for good. Who knows what damage they could do internally redlining the bike because they are riding it like they stole it;
    What I would not mind having is the 35% discount on my insurance due to having LoJack

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Snake View Post
    Listen to This Bitch. She's got the
    I've got the , I make the rules!

Kidding, of course, but you live in Lynn, right? Even if you live in the nice part of Lynn (if there is one), actually ESPECIALLY if you live in the nice part, you will be a target. Thieves will come out of the ghetto and into the nice neighborhoods because that's where the nice things are.

Shit, I lived in a $700k house in CA and my husband's truck was broken into THREE TIMES in a year because the people from the projects around our nice neighborhood knew that's where the good stuff was.

There have been a few people on NESR that have recovered their bikes with a Lo-Jack type tracking service. I believe one of them even resulted in the police finding an entire shed full of stolen bikes and quads.

Original

2WT

I think I heard about that last year. They found a bunch of storage units filled with bikes, quads, etc. I guess it was a ring of thieves.

Yes I live in Lynn and know it's not the best area but I have lived there for 4 years now and NEVER had a problem with my car getting broken into or damaged etc. The neighbors had their stuff rummaged through and a bunch of change taken from their car but they leave it unlocked so that's their fault.

I just never thought that someone would be ballsy enough to go into a driveway with a motion detection flood light, 2 SUV's in the driveway. They literally had to pull the bike through the cars because there was BARELY enough room to get the bike out. They ended up scratching both cars in the process.

In due time I will get another bike, it will have LoJack installed and I am already looking to have a 3 camera surveillance system installed at the house. Can't believe we have to take these measures to protect our property..

I loved living in VT where home invasions and robberies almost never happen. So many people say oh that's because it's not the city... NO it's because 90% of homes in VT have guns and no one want to have the home owner shooting back at them. Down here probably 1 in 10 homes have a gun in them (legally), maybe even less than that.

One thing that really got to me was when I called the Lynn Police Dept. and notified them that I needed an officer to come to my location because my motorcycle had been stolen. They told me that I needed to go to the station fill out a paper and contact my insurance, that an officer did not need to come see the location or anything. The next day the home owner that lives next door locked their keys in the car. The dispatcher was sure to send someone over to unlock her car with the tool they use through the car windows. WTF is wrong with that!

Last edited by jcrawford; 07-11-11 at 05:38 PM.

You only had it for two months which can be a good thing in a way. If you hadn't put any mods onto it yet then you will not have to worry about taking the hit on those parts. Imagine if you had put say 3-4k into it and then it was stolen that would be 10 times worse. Don't let this get you down. Get back on a bike soon.

Shannon

Lojack brought mine back. Good investment if you ask me. Good luck!

You Sir know nothing of true greatness. I of course refer to ones ability to steal, drink and generally do nothing, and carry it off with style

Sorry to hear about your loss. But you get to go bike shopping.. that's fun right?

Newer Sport bikes are usually the target for thieves.. Get like a Honda CB650 from like 1980 or something and you'll be all set. No one will steal it.

2WT

Quote Originally Posted by Tunertype View Post
    Sorry to hear about your loss. But you get to go bike shopping.. that's fun right?

Newer Sport bikes are usually the target for thieves.. Get like a Honda CB650 from like 1980 or something and you'll be all set. No one will steal it.
    yeh because no one would want to ride it

2WT

Quote Originally Posted by Dip Dungles View Post
    You only had it for two months which can be a good thing in a way. If you hadn't put any mods onto it yet then you will not have to worry about taking the hit on those parts. Imagine if you had put say 3-4k into it and then it was stolen that would be 10 times worse. Don't let this get you down. Get back on a bike soon.
    i'll get another. It did have a Jardine exhaust that was on it when I bought it, the insurance company knows that as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast