Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Stolen VTR1000F 4/7/2013

Lifer

Re: Stolen VTR1000F 4/7/2013

That is pretty crazy - I would think it's rare to find stolen bikes. I wonder how badly it is crashed. Those scorpion pipes should be worth at least $400...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '15 Ducati Scrambler, '13 Multistrada 1200S, '07 VFR, '14 CRF250L/M, '15 FJ-09, '23 Tuareg

track it.

Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
    08 CBR 1000RR street bike
    99 R6 track bike
    02 F4i sold to a nesr member

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by j4eric View Post
    track it.
    You're aware that it's a superhawk right? Great street bike, absolute shit track bike.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Two many 2 strokes

I use to park in the same spot all the time in my apartment.. I actually put a lag bolt into the pavment, with a O ring on it...chained the bike up to that... this up's the game a bit more as it will take time to get through the chain... probably not going to happen then... just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    You're aware that it's a superhawk right? Great street bike, absolute shit track bike.
    I think the superhawk frame is made of last weeks pasta leftovers...its that flexable...

Baby moniter makes a good security system.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    If the title stays clean, I'll likely buy it.
    I'm sure it wont. i'll let you know though.

Quote Originally Posted by dankatz View Post
    That is pretty crazy - I would think it's rare to find stolen bikes. I wonder how badly it is crashed. Those scorpion pipes should be worth at least $400...
    Yea, i was very surprised. sounded like it was pretty messed up, doubt the scorpions made it through it.

Quote Originally Posted by j4eric View Post
    track it.
    wouldn't mind tracking it, but no room, and the amount of money to get it track worthy would prob make it not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by DynoTune View Post
    I use to park in the same spot all the time in my apartment.. I actually put a lag bolt into the pavment, with a O ring on it...chained the bike up to that... this up's the game a bit more as it will take time to get through the chain... probably not going to happen then... just a thought...
    Therese actually some really good things to use as anchors where i live, and i ordered the big hefty kryptonite chain and am going to chain it to these big, long metal things, plus it will have a cover and alarmed disc lock. not taking any chances this time. if its stolen again, than i will not replace the bike till i live somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by jwm2k3 View Post
    I think the superhawk frame is made of last weeks pasta leftovers...its that flexable...
    My friend had one the same time I had my Falco. We would trade off occasionally and I was always taken back by the difference in those two bikes. Similar types of bikes, but worlds apart.

May the rider be more f-ed up than the bike.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by rbrais; 05-23-13 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rbrais View Post
    May the rider me more f-ed up than the bike.
    exactly my thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by rbrais View Post
    May the rider me more f-ed up than the bike.
    agreed but wasnt going to say it. i just wish the police would actually do some work and try to find the guy instead of just having a tow company pick the bike up and call it a day.

I have no problems saying it. You mess with someone's bike, may you get what you deserve.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    My friend had one the same time I had my Falco. We would trade off occasionally and I was always taken back by the difference in those two bikes. Similar types of bikes, but worlds apart.
    As I was thinking at some point of the Falco, I am curious what the differences are. Care to elaborate? Thanks.

'15 Ducati Scrambler, '13 Multistrada 1200S, '07 VFR, '14 CRF250L/M, '15 FJ-09, '23 Tuareg

Not to hijack, but here are some things I noticed.

Power - The Aprilia's Rotax was stronger deeper, but seemed to run out of breath a couple revs before the Honda. But I always felt the Ape was more rideable and power smoother. Overall power though, I'd say they were pretty equal, but we never raced them or anything.
    Handling - As I just stated, the Ape felt tighter and seemed to hold lines better. Maybe the tires or I was just used to the Aprilia.
    Brakes - I had kevlar lines, he had SS, but the Ape's Brembos had better feel and quicker and stronger grab.
    Gearbox - Less throw, easier shifts, but the Honda seemed a bit more positive when going in gear
    Comfort - he had risers, that made the Honda better. The Falco really stretches you out.
    Engine - That Rotax was the smoothest v-twin I'd ever been on and with the Akrapovic exhaust, it sounded awesome. The engine power deliver was like an electric motor, imo. Turn the handle and it was there.

Overall, well, let's just say that he was always the one asking to trade for a few miles, then difficult to get her back.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

id be curious how they got the bike running. if a key was used then that would point you in a direction (the PO). not that they were hard to hot wire. (piece of tinfoil)

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    id be curious how they got the bike running. if a key was used then that would point you in a direction (the PO). not that they were hard to hot wire. (piece of tinfoil)
    I was wondering that too. however, you would think if they had a key they wouldn't have bothered loading it in a van. my guess is they re-wired it somehow. Very interesting situation though, wonder if it was the actual guy that stole it or if it was sold to someone, or what.

No worries about thread jack. i was actually interested too. those falcos are cool bikes.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw1776 View Post
    ... those falcos are cool bikes.
    no they arent. i used to think so as well until i saw all the stuff half squid had to do to put the "sport" in "sport tourer"

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    no they arent. i used to think so as well until i saw all the stuff half squid had to do to put the "sport" in "sport tourer"
    They do take a little massaging to get up to snuff. They are no superbike, but for street use I loved mine. The things mine had were Akro's, PCIII, one down in the front, Frentubo lines, Ohlins rear shock, but mine had the front Marzocchi forks which were a bit better than previous years offerings. Oh, and it was de-restricted, which I doubt you'd find one still with the factory restrictions in place. I really liked that bike...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123