Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Stolen VTR1000F 4/7/2013

Re: Stolen VTR1000F 4/7/2013

Throw a cover on it, throw a lock on it. Keep it in view of security cameras if available at your complex.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    --Jesse
    2001 SV650s

Damn.. I remember the thread where you purchased it maybe 3 weeks ago. Best of luck recovering the bike.

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

Which apartment complex? I'm in Taunton. I have security cameras on my garage.

Man, that sucks....Sorry to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted

The guy i bought it from in taunton lived in a house.

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw1776
    Wirelessly posted

The guy i bought it from in taunton lived in a house.
    I thought it was stolen from an apartment complex in Taunton.

Lifer

Sorry to hear Kevin :-(
    I agree, I can't imagine the Superhawk would be a bike very sought after. Your bike does look really nice in the picture. Give it a little time and get another bike. I think even a cover with a chain will deter most people or will at least not get their attention. You can buy decent bikes for around $3k and the pleasure of owning ones far outweigh the chance that another one would be stolen in a place like Quincy. Thankfully, my superhawk looks much worse :-)

'15 Ducati Scrambler, '13 Multistrada 1200S, '07 VFR, '14 CRF250L/M, '15 FJ-09, '23 Tuareg

I thought it was stolen from an apartment complex in Taunton.
    Sorry for the confusion but no, bought the bike from a guy in Taunton. I live in North Quincy.

Quote Originally Posted by dankatz View Post
    Sorry to hear Kevin :-(
    I agree, I can't imagine the Superhawk would be a bike very sought after. Your bike does look really nice in the picture. Give it a little time and get another bike. I think even a cover with a chain will deter most people or will at least not get their attention. You can buy decent bikes for around $3k and the pleasure of owning ones far outweigh the chance that another one would be stolen in a place like Quincy. Thankfully, my superhawk looks much worse :-)
    Yea, hopefully i will be able to get another one but it all depends on what insurance decides to give me. the management at the apartment complex i live in feels real bad and are doing everything to help, even suggestion some different places to part the next one. only time will tell.

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Sheppo View Post
    This one has been for sale/trade for over a year! Way too expensive.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '15 Ducati Scrambler, '13 Multistrada 1200S, '07 VFR, '14 CRF250L/M, '15 FJ-09, '23 Tuareg

This one has been for sale/trade for over a year! Way too expensive.
    yea, and i don't think he has dropped his price at all.

Thanks for looking out sheppo, i really appreciate it. post any other possibles up.

2001 Superhawk Trade in $1955, Retail $2885. Private sale value... Somewhere in the middle. $3600 Dude is smoking crack.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    2001 Superhawk Trade in $1955, Retail $2885. Private sale value... Somewhere in the middle. $3600 Dude is smoking crack.
    isn't everyone selling a bike on Craigslist smoking crack? i see CBR600F2's and the like for like 4k all the time. and this isn't even the worst priced superhawk.

Lifer

Happy spring.

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw1776 View Post
    isn't everyone selling a bike on Craigslist smoking crack? i see CBR600F2's and the like for like 4k all the time. and this isn't even the worst priced superhawk.
    True... I could also say the same about those of us that sell Hawk Gt's

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

what do you guys think of this:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/98-Honda-Sup...item23207fcfb2

apparently they dont give out VIN numbers, which seems very sketchy, but they say it comes with a salvage title and bill of sale.

they are located in raymond New Hampshire but i cant find a specific address. although what is interested is Argo is also located in Raymond.

i don't see any other parts that i would be able to identify with my specific bike but they have quite a few super hawk parts. however aside from the frame and VIN, the only other parts i MAY be able to identify exhaust, rear tire huger, and tank.

what do you guys think?

nevermind. it looks like they have been trying to sell this frame for a long time.

very interesting. i wonder how well it deter theft though. looks like it locks but also looks like someone could just cut it open if they want to.
    The cycleshell is awesome. I've got one that I've had for 5 years now, and it's still in great shape. I had it in Worcester for almost 3 years and it's really good for out of sight, out of mind. A lot of my friends thought it was some kind of tent for a while. There are two spots on the front to lock it, and like you said, someone could just slice it open, but they also don't know what might be inside as far as locks, anti-theft etc.

On the other side, I had a wheel and ramp that were left out during a project bike I had, and one morning I came out, they were gone. So if nothing else, it kept the hobos from snatching random things off my CBR while they were at it.

Lifer

For a second I thought this was yours
    http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/mcy/3735378250.html
    But, realized the scorpion exhausts are different and so is the seat

For a second I thought this was yours
    http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/mcy/3735378250.html
    But, realized the scorpion exhausts are different and so is the seat
    thanks for looking out man, that one is pretty close, that's for sure. at least it has a decent price. still more than i paid for mine.

sorry for your loss. Can't believe they stole that bike like many others on here, it seems hardly worth the effort. Best thing is full coverage. Also I totalled a car once and you can negotiate with the insurance company. It helped me that they weren't my insurance company as it was the other guys fault, but I just told them, that the offer was not enough and I needed KBB retail value because that's what I'd pay to replace it. Also they paid me tax title and reg fees on top of the car value because that is what it would require to replace the vehicle. Took a week or two of negotiations and I had to send them KBB NADA as well as autotrader prices and craigslist prices of a similar car to prove their assessment was bogus. Ended up with more cash than I paid for the car two years prior.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunertype View Post
    sorry for your loss. Can't believe they stole that bike like many others on here, it seems hardly worth the effort. Best thing is full coverage. Also I totalled a car once and you can negotiate with the insurance company. It helped me that they weren't my insurance company as it was the other guys fault, but I just told them, that the offer was not enough and I needed KBB retail value because that's what I'd pay to replace it. Also they paid me tax title and reg fees on top of the car value because that is what it would require to replace the vehicle. Took a week or two of negotiations and I had to send them KBB NADA as well as autotrader prices and craigslist prices of a similar car to prove their assessment was bogus. Ended up with more cash than I paid for the car two years prior.
    great suggestion thanks. i know when my old bike was totalled AAA used a company, dont remember what it was called, and they basically scanned craigslist and averaged all the prices of similar bikes. i ended up with about more than a grand more than i paid, plus over a year of enjoying it and about 20k miles. not a bad deal for me. not sure how liberty mutal finds a price but i am thinking about posting a bunch of 98 superhawk ads with retarded high prices on craigslist. hahaha

Last edited by warsaw1776; 04-14-13 at 09:07 AM.

Two many 2 strokes

mount a lag bolt setup in the pavment.... then lock it to it.... the will have to make more noise to get the bike.... that just stinks....

Got a call today saying my superhawk was recovered. they found it crashed on the side of the road in Saugus MA, not even 20 miles from my place. I am hoping to get some pictures of it in a day or two. pretty crazy. let me know if anyone may be interested in buying a cheap superhawk. i will pass on the re-buy amount to anyone who wants it, otherwise insurance will just keep it as i don't want it.

Lifer

Got a call today saying my superhawk was recovered. they found it crashed on the side of the road in Saugus MA, not even 20 miles from my place. I am hoping to get some pictures of it in a day or two. pretty crazy. let me know if anyone may be interested in buying a cheap superhawk. i will pass on the re-buy amount to anyone who wants it, otherwise insurance will just keep it as i don't want it.
    If the title stays clean, I'll likely buy it.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast