Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

something very strange

something very strange

Thats great that the dealer will take care of you even if they get stiffed. I would think with an 03 left over the dealer and/or suzuki would have to take care of it for you, then they could argue with the manufacturer. Model year 03 bike may have been built in 02 with tires that were manufactured god knows when.

I am no expert but I could have sworn I have read in a mag somewhere about manufacturers reps staying that tires do dry out and loose durability and potential grip as they age and should be replaced. That must have been when they were trying to sell new tires. When warranty questions come up seems that there is no reason not to use a tire manufactured in 1998??? That thing is 8 years old now, your kidding right.

Even in clean temp controlled environment rubber gets harder with age... Just look at the condom thats been in my wallet since 1992!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

something very strange

Originally posted by Karaya One
    I would ask what to do and what was possible in regards to a resolution.

I do not think it is unreasonable of the company to ask specifics.

BUT - to tell someone that unless you fix it I'm going to flame you on every message board??

I would say flame away.

I have gone out of my way to resolve tire issues, but to be treated like this? No thanks. Try that with Dunlop or Pirelli. See how far you get.

What Suzuki dealer do you deal with? I have warrantied Michelin's for SKY, GBM, etc.... let me know.
    as you can see i am taking the route of figuring what to do
    and no it is not unreasonable to ask specifics at all, i gave the info maybe i wasnt clear or was misunderstood

did i say i i am gonna to to every message board no, but lets get real we both work for big corps and if joe schmo sold shit rubber to you guys and didnt come clean on it that guy would be in the soup line next week

so if i was unable to get the tire repaired why not say suzuki kinda sucks or such and such dealership sucks or even michelin sucks (not saying it does) but if anyone bought anything and it crapped out on them and was not fixed they would be pissed i dont give a crap who they are that is the way it is

to say that i am treating you any way is ridiculous, i havent attacked you or your company in anyway on the contrary in this time of shittyness when i could knock the product i have taken the high road and stated i think michelin makes the better tire out there cars and bikes and you turn around and try to make me look like an asshole, fuck that looks like i will be buying diablos for my next skins
    dammit

Banned

Before this gets out of control

Dave (Karaya1) was not addressing you (Roso) or Bigred. He was replying to RICHW. Then red jumped all over his case and Dave shut the heck up as he's bigger and better than arguing like schoolgirls.

I have known Dave for years, so have many many people here and in the New England motorcycling community. He has the respect of many of us and represents Michelin in a professional manner.

Quite frankly, I don't blame Dave one bit. I haven't seen a picture yet of the alleged tire damage, but I would bet my life it isn't manufacturing defect and if it isn't manufacturing defect then Michelin do have the right and obligation to tell you to go piss up a rope.

Because a dealer's tech tells you a groove in a tire is deep is no reason to believe that is true. Most dealer techs are hacks at the best of times.

Let's see some pics and then Dave will be able to tell you if it's right/wrong or what the cause of it is.

By the way, Dave doesn't work for Michelin, he works for their distributer.

derek

something very strange

The following information was taken from the TireRack link previously posted. From TireRack Tech Subject, Tire Aging.

"The British Rubber Manufacturers Association (BRMA) recommended practice issued June, 2001, states "BRMA members strongly recommend that unused tyres should not be put into service if they are over six years old and that all tyres should be replaced ten years from the date of their manufacture.""

More info is on the site but the general gist is don't put tires more than 5-6years old on, and replace tires in use when they are about 10 years old.

Banned

something very strange

Originally posted by tonyd
    The following information was taken from the TireRack link previously posted. From TireRack Tech Subject, Tire Aging.

"The British Rubber Manufacturers Association (BRMA) recommended practice issued June, 2001, states "BRMA members strongly recommend that unused tyres should not be put into service if they are over six years old and that all tyres should be replaced ten years from the date of their manufacture.""

More info is on the site but the general gist is don't put tires more than 5-6years old on, and replace tires in use when they are about 10 years old.
    Excellent information, but irrelevent in this case. These tires are not that old, and this doesn't sound like tire rot anyway.

derek

something very strange

Degs,

Dave posted:

"Michelin is under NO obligation to replace that tire. Unless you can prove how it was treated to cause that problem, I would be very hesitant to warranty it. "

this was before richw said anything....... I know all about Dave's reputation from the testomonials on this site and was looking foward to doing business with him at some point....not any more if that is the attitude he shows a potential customer... roso was only posting about what was going on about his bike and did not provoke the rant from dave...

we can go back and forth all day on this that doesnt change that fact that dave has lost 2 costumers as a result of his unprovoked attitude.....

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Banned

something very strange

Ok, fair comment. I think dave's comments are very fair. Michelin is not responsible unless the history of the tire is known.

We STILL do not know:

The date code on the tires
    The dealership name
    What the 'defect' looks like

It's a pointless argument unless we get at least 1 fact in here.

We can go on for days like this, but grumbling and complaining about Michelin with ZERO evidence and ZERO facts is plain stupid.

BTW, quote from the tech at the delership "Damn those are deep" Then did he tell you that they would replace them or what?

I'm not trying to be an ass here, but let's get some info so we can get some action.

derek

something very strange

If you choose to read it this way, I have no control over that. I do not see it that I insulted you or turned anything around.

People here deal with me enough at track days and such to know that I go out of my way to help people out, especially with regard to tire issues.

All I would point out is that there is a process involved to get a tire issue resolved.

The Pirelli is a very good tire. Ken Condon is running a set now on his ZX636 with excellent results.

Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin

something very strange

Originally posted by Karaya One
    If you choose to read it this way, I have no control over that. I do not see it that I insulted you or turned anything around.

People here deal with me enough at track days and such to know that I go out of my way to help people out, especially with regard to tire issues.

All I would point out is that there is a process involved to get a tire issue resolved.

The Pirelli is a very good tire. Ken Condon is running a set now on his ZX636 with excellent results.
    i read it the way you wrote it...and a simple. "I would contact you dealer with this issue..." probably would have sufficed

I think we all understand that there is a process for warranteeing tires(and everything else for that matter)...and the first line would be where he got the tire....the delear....I would assume they would replace the tire then contact michelin for a new tire...

From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Re: Before this gets out of control

derek just like i am quoting you right now so that red or anyone else thinks i am talking them he could have done
    like you said this bickering like schoolgirls shit is dumb i am done i am not working with michelin and have no plans to at this point.
    i am gonna get my bike back eventually and go for a ride this aint worth it.

"Quite frankly, I don't blame Dave one bit. I haven't seen a picture yet of the alleged tire damage, but I would bet my life it isn't manufacturing defect and if it isn't manufacturing defect then Michelin do have the right and obligation to tell you to go piss up a rope." is this biased or do you work for them too.

when i posted the first thread i did not intend for it to start a mini war i just wanted to know if anyone ran into this. and i should have used the term split and not cracks these are not cracks.

"Because a dealer's tech tells you a groove in a tire is deep is no reason to believe that is true. Most dealer techs are hacks at the best of times." I dont need dealer techs to tell me anything, like any of us who have seen tires or know anything about mechanics and chemistry the rubber should not do this i hope to christ i can get the tire back to show you and maybe even michelin will get a chance to see it and determine what it could be.

"Let's see some pics and then Dave will be able to tell you if it's right/wrong or what the cause of it is." I dont need to show Dave anything, he is not making the decision on whether to give me a tire, at this point the dealership has the bike and that includes the tire so i cant take a pic and i cant show you.

To All,
    Sorry if I have lost my composure, but in a time when a fellow rider just bought his first new bike and it is in the shop in the first few weeks of ownership, and feels like he needs to prove something is like a big kick in the balls when you are already down.

gino
    Originally posted by Degsy
    Dave (Karaya1) was not addressing you (Roso) or Bigred. He was replying to RICHW. Then red jumped all over his case and Dave shut the heck up as he's bigger and better than arguing like schoolgirls.

I have known Dave for years, so have many many people here and in the New England motorcycling community. He has the respect of many of us and represents Michelin in a professional manner.

Quite frankly, I don't blame Dave one bit. I haven't seen a picture yet of the alleged tire damage, but I would bet my life it isn't manufacturing defect and if it isn't manufacturing defect then Michelin do have the right and obligation to tell you to go piss up a rope.

Because a dealer's tech tells you a groove in a tire is deep is no reason to believe that is true. Most dealer techs are hacks at the best of times.

Let's see some pics and then Dave will be able to tell you if it's right/wrong or what the cause of it is.

By the way, Dave doesn't work for Michelin, he works for their distributer.

derek

Everybody to the limit!

something very strange

I'm planning a tire fire / weenie roast for the upcoming summer. If tires are not affected by moisture, how should I ensure that my tires are properly seasoned?

Banned

something very strange

Originally posted by bigred875
    i read it the way you wrote it...and a simple. "I would contact you dealer with this issue..." probably would have sufficed

I think we all understand that there is a process for warranteeing tires(and everything else)...and the first line would be where he got the tire....the delear....I would assume they would replace the tire then contact michelin for a new tire...
    He's already BEEN to the stealer, I mean dealer. The tech said "Duh, dem dere's some big ass grooves"and then presumably nothing else.

Why on earth would the dealer contact Michelin for a new tire? Suzuki supplied the tire attached to one of their motorcycles, then the dealer stored it for how ever long before selling it. The problem (if there is one) happened a long time after Michelin sold the tire to Suzuki.

Why wasn't this noticed on the pre-delivery inspection?

something very strange

He's already BEEN to the stealer, I mean dealer. The tech said "Duh, dem dere's some big ass grooves"and then presumably nothing else.

Why on earth would the dealer contact Michelin for a new tire? Suzuki supplied the tire attached to one of their motorcycles, then the dealer stored it for how ever long before selling it. The problem (if there is one) happened a long time after Michelin sold the tire to Suzuki.

Why wasn't this noticed on the pre-delivery inspection?
    good point..suzuki then..either way I would expect the responsibility to be with the dealer...and they should fix that... but because customer service is a dying industry they will probably screw him over too...

Banned

Re: Re: Before this gets out of control

Originally posted by roso
    derek just like i am quoting you right now so that red or anyone else thinks i am talking them he could have done
    like you said this bickering like schoolgirls shit is dumb i am done i am not working with michelin and have no plans to at this point.
    i am gonna get my bike back eventually and go for a ride this aint worth it.

"Quite frankly, I don't blame Dave one bit. I haven't seen a picture yet of the alleged tire damage, but I would bet my life it isn't manufacturing defect and if it isn't manufacturing defect then Michelin do have the right and obligation to tell you to go piss up a rope." is this biased or do you work for them too.

when i posted the first thread i did not intend for it to start a mini war i just wanted to know if anyone ran into this. and i should have used the term split and not cracks these are not cracks.

"Because a dealer's tech tells you a groove in a tire is deep is no reason to believe that is true. Most dealer techs are hacks at the best of times." I dont need dealer techs to tell me anything, like any of us who have seen tires or know anything about mechanics and chemistry the rubber should not do this i hope to christ i can get the tire back to show you and maybe even michelin will get a chance to see it and determine what it could be.

"Let's see some pics and then Dave will be able to tell you if it's right/wrong or what the cause of it is." I dont need to show Dave anything, he is not making the decision on whether to give me a tire, at this point the dealership has the bike and that includes the tire so i cant take a pic and i cant show you.

To All,
    Sorry if I have lost my composure, but in a time when a fellow rider just bought his first new bike and it is in the shop in the first few weeks of ownership, and feels like he needs to prove something is like a big kick in the balls when you are already down.

gino

Buddah bing-buddah-boom. There's the problem. The mysterious dealership who's name you won't mention is holding onto your bike indefinitely until they make a decision whether they will replace a defective tire that they supplied on a bike that they sold to you. What great customer service.

I would have been out of there in 1 hour with a new tire.

something very strange

Originally posted by bigred875

I think we all understand that there is a process for warranteeing tires(and everything else for that matter)...and the first line would be where he got the tire....the delear....I would assume they would replace the tire then contact michelin for a new tire...
    Dealers don't warranty tires. They cannot afford to give tires away. Mark at Sky or Frank at GBM, Bill at Plaistow or Joe at Parkway call me to stop by and look at it.

From there, I decided yes or no. No has happened. I give them a number for Michelin two-wheel, and they deal directly with them. The tire must be shipped to SC, where they look at it.

I have been overridden, too. Bunnell's in NH had a Power they bought from me that was cut in a road hazard issue. They thought it was a defect. I was happy to get them in contact with Two Wheel and two weeks later a check showed up to replace the tire.

Michelin will want to see the tire. This is why I first wrote about Michelin's obligation. They want all the facts before they pass out $300.00 worth of tires. Nothing more, nothing less.

Check out my eBay store!

something very strange

Ok, fair comment. I think dave's comments are very fair. Michelin is not responsible unless the history of the tire is known.

We STILL do not know:

The date code on the tires
    The dealership name
    What the 'defect' looks like

It's a pointless argument unless we get at least 1 fact in here.

We can go on for days like this, but grumbling and complaining about Michelin with ZERO evidence and ZERO facts is plain stupid.

BTW, quote from the tech at the delership "Damn those are deep" Then did he tell you that they would replace them or what?

I'm not trying to be an ass here, but let's get some info so we can get some action.

derek
    this stuff is true they are not responsible unless they know the history again i dont have the tires so i cant give the dates, as for the defects i have described i think a few times throughout this post please look back i dont feel like typing them up again, but if you cant find them i will type em, i would rather not give the dealers name until this is all said and done.

So it is raining like a bastard where i am how bout you.

Banned

something very strange

Beautiful Sunshine lol I'll be out on my bike tonight.

Re: Re: Re: Before this gets out of control

Buddah bing-buddah-boom. There's the problem. The mysterious dealership who's name you won't mention is holding onto your bike indefinitely until they make a decision whether they will replace a defective tire that they supplied on a bike that they sold to you. What great customer service.

I would have been out of there in 1 hour with a new tire.
    degsy have you read any of the previous posts, i said the dealer was gonna take care of it but they wanted to see if suzuki would cover it first and no it has not been forever, i dropped it off yesterday afternoon. today its raining and tomorrow too so i dont care if it sits there for now.

actually i went to this dealership because when i was making the purchase the seemed like the least dirt bags, they were very nice and still are trying to keep me happy, they could have easily said screw its a tire perishable item

Re: Re: Re: Re: Before this gets out of control

degsy have you read any of the previous posts
    Degsy can't read, stop teasing him

-Pete LRRS/CCS #81 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

Banned

something very strange

Sorry, I re-read your older post and thought you said "in the shop for the first few weeks of ownership" rather than "in the shop IN the first few weeks of ownership"

I would have just rode on the tires, fuggit.

derek

something very strange

me too but i have a new wife and i dont plan on leaving her yet and i dont want to be another article in the paper how bikes are bad and dangerous and people who ride them are irresponsible you know
    honestly looking at the tires i was thinking... these could possibly blow
    not worth the risk

something very strange

me too but i have a new wife and i dont plan on leaving her yet and i dont want to be another article in the paper how bikes are bad and dangerous and people who ride them are irresponsible you know
    honestly looking at the tires i was thinking... these could possibly blow
    not worth the risk
    sure, in absolute values, more risk, no one can deny that, but in practical risk, it fails, your tire goes down, you slow down and pull over to size of road you still have prolly 1000 time more risk of catastrophic failure from a road hazard

panic if you have a failure and you have caused your own problem

I don't worry about my tires, keep proper pressure and change when tread wears out, if I have a hole, I plug it.

My concern is Explorers coming toward me at 90 mph on a 100°day with 5psi in their firestone tires

I cant see your tires, I don't know how big the cracks are, I get cracks in my tires occasionally especially between treads on my pirellis, and I notice cracks on lots of tires as long as the rubbers not peeling or bubbling, I don't really even think about it

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

something very strange

well like i said if i can get pics i will send them out if not i guess i wont

something very strange

Super Dave sure is feeling the love
    huh big guy?

eat me

something very strange

It's all part of the job, baby!!

Check out my eBay store!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12