Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Strapless Transport Systems

Strapless Transport Systems

So I've got a condor stand and it works very well and I need to add a second stand for my trailer.

Should I go with another condor stand or try one of these strapless ones.

STStands.com::: Home of Strapless Transport Stands

I know pitbul makes one as well, but I believe the strapless is the original design??

Thoughts....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Lifer

Re: Strapless Transport Systems

Do you know how much it goes for? I need to find a way to secure 3, possibly 4 bikes to an open snowmobile trailer. Problem is if it ends up being 4 bikes, I'm going to have to load them sideways, I hope that's not a problem for the unit.

EDIT: found the price because I'm a fart smellah... $250.00. Not sure I want to spend a grand to secure my 4 bikes for this trip. I think for the money, I'd rather just use a bunch of tie-downs and home-made front wheel chocks.

Last edited by nilez; 02-21-08 at 01:14 AM. Reason: update

Manny,

My name is Troy Green, I designed and now market the Strapless Transport Stand, if you are interested in trying a STStand I will offer you a money back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied with the stand.

Here is my offer, you purchase a stand from me and use it for a month, if you then decide you prefer the clamping wheel chock, just send the stand back for a full refund.

And yes these are the "Original Strapless Stands" I built the first stands for myself back in 2002, and start selling them in 2004.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Nilez,

I offer Quantity discounts, please contact me off the message board for details. And let me know what your trailers dimensions are (length and width) and I can help you with options as far as the layout of bikes for hauling.
    In my opinion if you are only going to haul the four bikes one time then my stands are not worth the investment(even with the discount), as long as you are careful and make sure you secure the bikes so that they don't get damaged.
    But if you plan to haul the bikes many times then the STStands would be well worth the investment. Loading and unloading will be much faster, the possibility of trailering damage (ie. bike falling over, straps contacting body work, etc.) and down right ease of use and peace of mind knowing your bike is not going to "come loose" and fall off the trailer make them worth every penny.

I don't want to violate in forum rules for trying to sell my product so please contact me through the link to my website posted in the above message.
    Hopefully this post has not violated the rules and I apologize if it has and understand if it gets deleted.

Thanks,

Troy Green
    Owner/only employee
    Strapless Transport Stands

Last edited by Troy Green; 02-21-08 at 02:40 AM.

How did you find this so fast??

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Green View Post
    Manny,

My name is Troy Green, I designed and now market the Strapless Transport Stand, if you are interested in trying a STStand I will offer you a money back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied with the stand.

Here is my offer, you purchase a stand from me and use it for a month, if you then decide you prefer the clamping wheel chock, just send the stand back for a full refund.

And yes these are the "Original Strapless Stands" I built the first stands for myself back in 2002, and start selling them in 2004.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Nilez,

I offer Quantity discounts, please contact me off the message board for details. And let me know what your trailers dimensions are (length and width) and I can help you with options as far as the layout of bikes for hauling.
    In my opinion if you are only going to haul the four bikes one time then my stands are not worth the investment(even with the discount), as long as you are careful and make sure you secure the bikes so that they don't get damaged.
    But if you plan to haul the bikes many times then the STStands would be well worth the investment. Loading and unloading will be much faster, the possibility of trailering damage (ie. bike falling over, straps contacting body work, etc.) and down right ease of use and peace of mind knowing your bike is not going to "come loose" and fall off the trailer make them worth every penny.

I don't want to violate in forum rules for trying to sell my product so please contact me through the link to my website posted in the above message.
    Hopefully this post has not violated the rules and I apologize if it has and understand if it gets deleted.

Thanks,

Troy Green
    Owner/only employee
    Strapless Transport Stands

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

lol I need a strapless stand too

MSF RiderCoach

I have one of these and it is a solid product. I talked to troy on the phone a while back, and he is a good guy. If anyone wants to check one out in person, I have one at my house. Let me know.

Supa Motarded! If you see me backin it in, keep watching...Im about to crash

Zip Tie Alley #237

Quote Originally Posted by hammadown View Post
    I have one of these and it is a solid product. I talked to troy on the phone a while back, and he is a good guy. If anyone wants to check one out in person, I have one at my house. Let me know.
    Does the front move around on you at all?

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Just Registered Crash Dummy Denno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    if the front is allowed to be free, the suspension on the bike can do what its supposed to even during transport - a lot more natural and easier on the bike IMO

i'd be more interested if there is a great deal of stress on the swingarm/ rear axel area - but the suspension probably does its work in the rear as well

Denno

Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2008

Another Strapless Transportation System.....

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Nope solid

Quote Originally Posted by Denno View Post
    if the front is allowed to be free, the suspension on the bike can do what its supposed to even during transport - a lot more natural and easier on the bike IMO

i'd be more interested if there is a great deal of stress on the swingarm/ rear axel area - but the suspension probably does its work in the rear as well

Denno
    Exactly correct. The worst case is the front may jump a bit on a hard bump, but ite much less stress than compressing forks etc. It also allows more efficient use of trailer space because you don't have straps everywhere, and the bikes can be closer together or to the walls. Plus it takes about 30 seconds to secure your bike once you practice a bit.

Supa Motarded! If you see me backin it in, keep watching...Im about to crash

Zip Tie Alley #237

I like the theory, but neither of my bikes are listed with fitment kits, and I dunno if I want to restrict the trailer to just those machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    I like the theory, but neither of my bikes are listed with fitment kits, and I dunno if I want to restrict the trailer to just those machines.
    You are not restricting the trailer. The stand is removable!

I just spoke to him and he said he is expanding to many other bikes in the coming months.

It probably is not the best investment for a bike you may only have for a few months as if the new bike you get doesn't have a pin yet you would be out of luck.

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

You are not restricting the trailer. The stand is removable!
    If I'm slapping down that much for a trailer restraint... I can't afford the front wheel catcher style ones for bikes like my GS with solid axles. : )

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    If I'm slapping down that much for a trailer restraint... I can't afford the front wheel catcher style ones for bikes like my GS with solid axles. : )
    I hea rthat, but its a different issue...

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

I have a Bike Grab

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Holy Shit...Ya think they could have gotten a hotter model...Her corns are bigger than her toes...

1993 Honda CBR900RR
    1990 Suzuki GSXR1100
    1992 Kawasaki ZX750
    1996 Honda F3 Trackbike

Quote Originally Posted by stevecbr900rr View Post
    Holy Shit...Ya think they could have gotten a hotter model...Her corns are bigger than her toes...
    I'm sure Troy I'll love to hear what you think of his girlfriend when he logs back on to check the thread.

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

I'm sure Troy I'll love to hear what you think of his girlfriend when he logs back on to check the thread.
    AHHH...NO OFFENCE...I thought it was just some company off the internet...OHHH Well i gotta take the shit now...

Sorry Troy...

Manny are you bustin my balls...I'm to drunk right now to know the difference right now....

Last edited by stevecbr900rr; 02-21-08 at 10:40 PM.
    1993 Honda CBR900RR
    1990 Suzuki GSXR1100
    1992 Kawasaki ZX750
    1996 Honda F3 Trackbike

AHHH...NO OFFENCE...I thought it was just some company off the internet...OHHH Well i gotta take the shit now...

Sorry Troy...

Manny are you bustin my balls...I'm to drunk right now to know the difference right now....
    I have no idea actually, nor do I know if he is ever coming back to this site.

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

I have no idea actually, nor do I know if he is ever coming back to this site.

Thanks Buttlick...

1993 Honda CBR900RR
    1990 Suzuki GSXR1100
    1992 Kawasaki ZX750
    1996 Honda F3 Trackbike

Thanks Buttlick...
    Dude, he is a one man show so its not an employee. I know he mentioned having a girlfriend...

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

HAHAHA,

Well yes I have a Girlfriend, but no the girl on my website is not her.
    The girl on my website is just a friend of mine and she had the right attributes to model for the "Strapless AD".
    And I find it quite funny all the completely contrasting opinions that men have about the Model. I get everything from she's hot to she's not, and I'm pretty sure that no matter what model I used I would get much of the same.
    But let me assure you, she might get 50/50 response when it comes to the pics on my site, but for all the guys that have seen in her in person I haven't met one that would kick her out of bed for eating crackers!

I realize that not everyone out there will be able to get enough use out of the STStands to justify buying one. But if you are in the market for a better way to haul your bike in a trailer and your bike has a hollow rear axle then you really should at least consider my product.

A lot of people swear by the "front tire clamping" style wheel chocks, and they have there uses and benefits, but purely as a transport stand they do not perform as well and are the same price if not more expensive.
    Remember that the price on all those style wheel chocks does NOT include mounting hardware and you still need at least two tie-downs. Also think of it this way, say you are setting on your bike in your driveway, now your friend walks up and puts your front tire between his knees/legs, then he grabs your handle bars and tries to turn them REALLY hard. You probably wouldn't be real happy? Now that is probably about half as much force as your front end will see while in a front wheel chock during transport.

Thanks for the laughs in the above posts!

Troy
    STStands.com

Are you down for any group buys?

MSF RiderCoach

North Reading (also known as the North Pole)

From what I have seen of the pit bull stands they are much easier to operate. Well it would seem anyways.

2006 Ducati Monster S2R800

I like the concept and it seems like one of the best ways to transport a bike.

However, the front wheel chocks are probably more versatile, since you can also use them in the pits or a garage to store the bike too.

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast