Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Street Glide Special First Impressions

Re: Street Glide Special First Impressions

Finally got my plates from the dmv today! Only put 2500 miles on the bike with canceled plates off an old one.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Put an S&S Stealth air cleaner on today. Took it out for a quick ride and noticed some increased throttle response. Bike seems to sound a bit louder as well but this is all based off butt dyno only.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Also meant to say that when we started to look into upgrading the Low Rider, I got a hard-on for the Sport Glide in the two-tone orange/silver.
    My ultra classic is pretty much stripped to where a Street Glide is. It's actually comfortable and pretty stable. I did 364 miles Sunday including up Mt. Washington with sustained 70mph winds + gusts.
    by far the hairiest ride I've every done, but the bike was stable and didn't feel too much like a sail.

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

NH Route 153 is quickly becoming my favorite local road again. Most of it up to Effingham has decent pavement now. If I've only got a few minutes, it's a nice little blip up to the Ossippee River boat launch at the Effingham bridge. About 100 miles there & back. It can be the perfect scoot when I don't have long but need some wind. I still get all excited when I go through my crash spot. LOL!

It's a nice ride from there up to the Conway area too. If you're looking to avoid typical tourist traffic, that's a great way to do it. If you wanna hit the Kancamagus from there, it's a short jump south through town (usually against most traffic) and you're there. Wanna keep going north and avoid as much traffic as possible? Just hop across Route 16, and you're on West Side Road.

I forgot how fun this little local gem was.

I haven't really checked yet, but I'm sure I'm well over 4000 miles now.

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

....................... PinHead's Avatar

NH Route 153 is quickly becoming my favorite local road again. Most of it up to Effingham has decent pavement now. If I've only got a few minutes, it's a nice little blip up to the Ossippee River boat launch at the Effingham bridge. About 100 miles there & back. It can be the perfect scoot when I don't have long but need some wind. I still get all excited when I go through my crash spot. LOL!

It's a nice ride from there up to the Conway area too. If you're looking to avoid typical tourist traffic, that's a great way to do it. If you wanna hit the Kancamagus from there, it's a short jump south through town (usually against most traffic) and you're there. Wanna keep going north and avoid as much traffic as possible? Just hop across Route 16, and you're on West Side Road.

I forgot how fun this little local gem was.

I haven't really checked yet, but I'm sure I'm well over 4000 miles now.
    You know, when you are at the 153/16 streetlight in Conway, our place is about 2 miles away. Just saying.. And I take 153 to 25 all the time when I'm going to or from there, sweet road even in the truck.

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    You know, when you are at the 153/16 streetlight in Conway, our place is about 2 miles away. Just saying.. And I take 153 to 25 all the time when I'm going to or from there, sweet road even in the truck.
    No shit? PM me directions and I'll see if you're up next time!

The bike hit 10,000 miles, which means I've got 4700 on it myself. My only gripe to date is having to reconnect the Bluetooth EVERY FUCKIN' TIME. Like, anytime you shut the bike off and turn it back on you have to start the entire process from scratch. It's SO fuckin' annoying. It's not like most cages when everything just connects automatically. And apparently it's a common complaint.

I've only managed a few hundred miles the past week or so, but it put me over the 5000 mile mark this year.

I got to playing with the Bluetooth connectivity thing and got it pretty much square. The only thing that really lags is connecting to an audio source. Nothing is totally smooth per se, but I've set up a better routine.

My only other complaint is the media door in the inside fairing. It's the spot that's designed to hold your phone or other media device. Mine has seemed to suddenly start latching closed when it feels like it. The manual has some ridiculous routine for "resetting" the door latch on it, but that's a joke. Many times I have to play around with the latching mechanism to get it to close properly. It seems to have a mind of it's own. Sometimes it'll latch closed with no problem, other times there's no getting it to latch. I guess I won't be storing the phone in there now. I can't seem to find much online about this phenomenon.

Any of you fellas running a loud or aftermarket pipe? I want to free up the exhaust and complete my stage 1 kit, but I also don't want to ride a loud bike. Just not my thing.

Danmoto "highway man" 2 into 1 doesn't seem to be too loud. But I really don't want to take a bunch of crap apart to find out I don't like it. Then re-fit the stock stuff.

Kerker/ Supertrapp seems to be a nice happy medium as well with the adjustable end cap systems.

Love, love, LOVE my Rinehart's. They're only slip-ons though. I wanted to be able to be quiet and I can't stand that screaming, piercing sound SO many make.

Quote Originally Posted by 01xj View Post
    Any of you fellas running a loud or aftermarket pipe? I want to free up the exhaust and complete my stage 1 kit, but I also don't want to ride a loud bike. Just not my thing.

Danmoto "highway man" 2 into 1 doesn't seem to be too loud. But I really don't want to take a bunch of crap apart to find out I don't like it. Then re-fit the stock stuff.

Kerker/ Supertrapp seems to be a nice happy medium as well with the adjustable end cap systems.
    I'm insanely happy with the current setup of CFR slip-ons and Arlen Ness air cleaner. I'll eventually upgrade the header when I'm ready for a tuner but for now the bike runs solid and sounds incredible. The CFR's sound like no other exhaust on the market, reminds me of the tone of my TL1000R

Lifer

Stock pipes for life for me. The only reason I'd consider something else is to try to mitigate the heat.. ie a cat gut/delete. Not sure it is worth it though. I am perfectly content with the power and sound as is.

Where are you guys putting your EZPasses?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
    I'm insanely happy with the current setup of CFR slip-ons and Arlen Ness air cleaner. I'll eventually upgrade the header when I'm ready for a tuner but for now the bike runs solid and sounds incredible. The CFR's sound like no other exhaust on the market, reminds me of the tone of my TL1000R
    Funny - this is exactly how I feel about my Rineharts. LOL!

I'm going to upgrade the air cleaner as well, but will wait for the full exhaust if I decide to add the tuner.

Lifer

Windshield of my car.
    I gave up and just pay the surcharge for them to run the plate.

Found this little bit that looks interesting as well.

https://fullsac.com/product/true-dua...8-flh-touring/

Turns the stock pipes into true duals and eliminates the Y pipe on the twin cams. I like the fact that I'll retain the stock mufflers but get rid of some of the heat on the right side of the bike.

Found this little bit that looks interesting as well.

https://fullsac.com/product/true-dua...8-flh-touring/

Turns the stock pipes into true duals and eliminates the Y pipe on the twin cams. I like the fact that I'll retain the stock mufflers but get rid of some of the heat on the right side of the bike.
    I'm not saying mine doesn't throw off heat. But the M8 motor is known to be a BIG step in the right direction for keeping the heat down. Although that does look pretty slick.

top shirt pocket or I put a small piece of velcro behind the windshield for occasions I have no pocket

I have the Screamin Seagul slip on. Not too obnoxious if you stay off the throttle. I rarely see much over 3G these days. I have an aftermaket air cleaner and the old HD Race Tuner. I stayed with the factory y pipe because the two cyclinders love to scavenge from each other and I dont want to spend the $ for a 2into1. It's a cruiser not a racer.
    Stock are just too quiet for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheppo View Post
    I have the Screamin Seagul slip on. Not too obnoxious if you stay off the throttle. I rarely see much over 3G these days. I have an aftermaket air cleaner and the old HD Race Tuner. I stayed with the factory y pipe because the two cyclinders love to scavenge from each other and I dont want to spend the $ for a 2into1. It's a cruiser not a racer.
    Stock are just too quiet for me.
    Oh I hang mine at 2500-3k when I'm cruising around town, right at 3k is where mine really wakes up and gets snappy. Maybe I need to stop riding the 850lb pig like a sportbike haha

Quote Originally Posted by Sheppo View Post
    top shirt pocket or I put a small piece of velcro behind the windshield for occasions I have no pocket
    I have a rather short windscreen and the 3-pocket windshield pouch. There's not enough room for it. The only place that makes sense is right on top of that 3-pocket pouch. But then I have those stupid velcro strips there when I'm not displaying it.

Oh I hang mine at 2500-3k when I'm cruising around town, right at 3k is where mine really wakes up and gets snappy. Maybe I need to stop riding the 850lb pig like a sportbike haha
    That's pretty much where mine comes to life: 2500 - 3000...

....................... PinHead's Avatar

I have a rather short windscreen and the 3-pocket windshield pouch. There's not enough room for it. The only place that makes sense is right on top of that 3-pocket pouch. But then I have those stupid velcro strips there when I'm not displaying it.
    How do you like that 3 pouch thing? Room for anything more than a bic lighter?

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

Love mine, I put my slim EZPASS transponder in one of the side pouches, cell phone in the middle, keys and random shit in the other side

Love mine, I put my slim EZPASS transponder in one of the side pouches, cell phone in the middle, keys and random shit in the other side
    I'm in the love-it camp too. The middle will easily hold sunglasses. I currently keep my wallet, reg & insurance pouch, dugout & a couple lighters in mine. One small pouch holds a little bottle of sanitizer, a small bottle of omeprazole & chap stick. The other small one holds my keys.

If you have a fairing vent, make sure you get the right one for your year. Some folks with fairing vents find "deals" on some only to find out they cover the vent outlets on your side of the fairing.

I've only been in light rain with mine, but everything stayed dry. You gotta keep it on when you wash it & shit. But again, the inside of the pockets stayed dry. Each pocket also has a little drain hole.