Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Street Glide Special First Impressions

Re: Street Glide Special First Impressions

Finally got my plates from the dmv today! Only put 2500 miles on the bike with canceled plates off an old one.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Put an S&S Stealth air cleaner on today. Took it out for a quick ride and noticed some increased throttle response. Bike seems to sound a bit louder as well but this is all based off butt dyno only.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Also meant to say that when we started to look into upgrading the Low Rider, I got a hard-on for the Sport Glide in the two-tone orange/silver.
    My ultra classic is pretty much stripped to where a Street Glide is. It's actually comfortable and pretty stable. I did 364 miles Sunday including up Mt. Washington with sustained 70mph winds + gusts.
    by far the hairiest ride I've every done, but the bike was stable and didn't feel too much like a sail.

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

NH Route 153 is quickly becoming my favorite local road again. Most of it up to Effingham has decent pavement now. If I've only got a few minutes, it's a nice little blip up to the Ossippee River boat launch at the Effingham bridge. About 100 miles there & back. It can be the perfect scoot when I don't have long but need some wind. I still get all excited when I go through my crash spot. LOL!

It's a nice ride from there up to the Conway area too. If you're looking to avoid typical tourist traffic, that's a great way to do it. If you wanna hit the Kancamagus from there, it's a short jump south through town (usually against most traffic) and you're there. Wanna keep going north and avoid as much traffic as possible? Just hop across Route 16, and you're on West Side Road.

I forgot how fun this little local gem was.

I haven't really checked yet, but I'm sure I'm well over 4000 miles now.

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    NH Route 153 is quickly becoming my favorite local road again. Most of it up to Effingham has decent pavement now. If I've only got a few minutes, it's a nice little blip up to the Ossippee River boat launch at the Effingham bridge. About 100 miles there & back. It can be the perfect scoot when I don't have long but need some wind. I still get all excited when I go through my crash spot. LOL!

It's a nice ride from there up to the Conway area too. If you're looking to avoid typical tourist traffic, that's a great way to do it. If you wanna hit the Kancamagus from there, it's a short jump south through town (usually against most traffic) and you're there. Wanna keep going north and avoid as much traffic as possible? Just hop across Route 16, and you're on West Side Road.

I forgot how fun this little local gem was.

I haven't really checked yet, but I'm sure I'm well over 4000 miles now.
    You know, when you are at the 153/16 streetlight in Conway, our place is about 2 miles away. Just saying.. And I take 153 to 25 all the time when I'm going to or from there, sweet road even in the truck.

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2018 Onewheel XR

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    You know, when you are at the 153/16 streetlight in Conway, our place is about 2 miles away. Just saying.. And I take 153 to 25 all the time when I'm going to or from there, sweet road even in the truck.
    No shit? PM me directions and I'll see if you're up next time!

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567