Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Street/mountain riding

Street/mountain riding

So another consideration is street riding. I'll end up being south most likely due to family, friends and finances....I'm in Florida....so that sucks but i just moved from Atlanta...blood mountain was 60 min away, Deal's Gap was 3 hours away and even the general roads were twisty and open. Where do you guys go how far, weekend trips?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Street/mountain riding

You're not going to find anything like deals gap up here. There's plenty of decent roads in central / northern VT and NH. And by decent I mean less congested and have some twists. I see a lot of people say western mass is good. And some mention some streets around the cities in mass. If you want mountains you're heading to VT and NH, the berkshires of western mass and north eastern NY.

I haven't seen anywhere in your 4 posts where you're moving to, so uhm, how far do I go? Well I hop on the bike (eastern central VT) and within minutes I can drag a knee. If you were say, moving to boston? you have to go 3 hours or so to get to said road. I ride another 32 miles and I'm in mountains galore. From boston? no slab...3-4 hours for you. 2 hours away and I'm on a road kinda sorta like deals gap. from boston, 4.5 hours IF you take a whole lotta slab.

Did you sign up on New England Street Riders forum to ask if we know any good riding places in Florida?

2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

SR no. I did not. I know ALL the decent spots in florida to ride...all 4 of them, excluding tracks.

Chances are I'll end up south of Boston...it puts me between friends and family and its more affordable....I don't mid 3-4 hours if im stayin the night...we wouldn't ride to the gap and come home the same day....

i don't mind seat time to get to some twisties...ever been to florida! i got reeeeal patient riding staight for hours to get to 4 or five turns lol.

If you guys are planning on coming down for biketoberfest or bike week coming up let me know