Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

stupid bike

stupid bike

well...my priller is being punished... she iscovered in oil... and i am leaving her that way for a few days as punishment.

i was cruising up 95 north today, when my peg suddenly felt real weird, i thought it was loose or something.. i didn't understand that cause i went through and tightened everything on it last week, so i aimed to get off 95 real quick to find out what was wrong...
    i found out before i got off 95... all the sudden the oil light came on... D'OH!!!!!!
    so i cut the engine and let it coast off the road... wouldn't ya know it, the fucking oil return line came off and had apparently been spewing oil all over the rear of the bike and now it was burning off the exhaust pipe and smokin up a storm... MOTHER FUCKER!!!! my whole foot was soaked.. no wonder the peg felt funny.
    so christina's boss came and picked me up with his trailer and we went back to his shop and put it back together, filled it with oil and i was off. but the fucking tire is slick as shit. i spent an hour trying to get it off with brake cleaner, but it still real slippery, i almost high sided on the way home afterwards as a result.

i guess i am lucky i had to stop it on 95 cause i dont know i woulda made it around the off ramp if i didn't know my tire was "pre"slicked.

i came home and romped on the fifty for a while to get my frustrations out and i am soooo glad christina works where she does... it was reallly cool for her boss to help me out.

Mad props to Lenny and Cleaves Company.

is my tire fucked? or is there something else i can do to get some traction back.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by oreo_n2; 03-17-03 at 07:06 PM.

stupid bike

It depends on how badly doused it was (if you rode the bike I am assuming it isn't a honey dipped!). I would have issues with using brake cleaner. Although it's a great degreaser, brake cleaner is too harsh and would likely fuck with the makeup of the rubber. I would probably use a mild dishwashing liquid with a degreaser. Scrub with a tough bristled brush and use a ton of water to clean the tire of the liquid. Wait til it dries and wipe it down with a clean terry cloth towel and inspect. I've seen guys do a smoke show to get any oils off but even though you can rock the bike you still can't rock it enough to get the outer edges. If peace of mind is what you after get a new bun.

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

Hey did you see that cop RevHappy's Avatar

stupid bike

Originally posted by JCzx12
    Why was it leaking oil?
    Because its an Aprillia. No seriously glad you didn't get hurt its time to get a clamp to clamp that baby down. Do don't want that happening again.

RevHappy's Website

2004 Titan Custom 1750cc
    2004 Honda Recon ES
    2003 Yamaha YZF R6
    4 Sale 6,500
    2001 KawasakiKDX 200

"I'll tell you what I tell my girl...Even a broken clock is right twice a day"

....................... PinHead's Avatar

stupid bike

the fucking oil return line came off and had apparently been spewing oil all over the rear of the bike and now it was burning off the exhaust pipe and smokin up a storm...

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

stupid bike

Originally posted by RevHappy
    Because its an Aprillia. No seriously glad you didn't get hurt its time to get a clamp to clamp that baby down. Do don't want that happening again.
    I resemble that remark...

I wouldn't ride on that tire again... For around 150 bucks you can have your piece of mind back.... If you need some race takeoffs I think Scotty is selling some, or I may have a set that is still good if you are hurting for the green... But only cause you're a fellow Priller rider....

G-man

Gerard

RSVMILLE661

stupid bike

Because its an Aprillia.

hey hey hey now.

Yes I do have some race take offs would like 100.00 for the set. Pilot races. Also if you need anything for the bike lemme know. Being sponsored by a dealership can have its privledges.

fuck your lucky cookie

i had a.f. once. went 2 take off fast from a light let the clutch out , 180 & was looking at traffic . 2 cute chicks in cage laughing at me , almost dumped it

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

stupid bike

hey scotty i'll take the race take off's. that would work out just fine. hey can you get a deal on silkolene? are you sponsored by seacoast?

i'll save this tire for stonnerstock. (burn baby burn)

stupid bike

Originally posted by RSVMILLE661
    Because its an Aprillia.

hey hey hey now.

Yes I do have some race take offs would like 100.00 for the set. Pilot races. Also if you need anything for the bike lemme know. Being sponsored by a dealership can have its privledges.
    That didn't help me on my clutch...

Gerard