Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

WTF

Angry WTF

so i decided to ride my friggin brand new bike to work this morning, i started it and went into the house. when i came out there was a little puddle of coolant on the ground, well with no key to the house i have to ride the thing. so i use the piece of poo toolkit supplied and tighten down what seems to be the culprit and go to work the bike didnt over heat but it did get to the point where the fan had to come on.
    so at lunch i am gonna have to try to find the coolant res and see how much i may have lost. WTF just as it is starting to get nice shit like this has to happen.
    hope no one effs with me today or else

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

WTF

the bike was cold sometimes coolant leaks when it's heating up. Possibly if you get it hot and shut it off too quick, or if you rev the engine before it comes up to temp in the cold weather. Culprit = most likely oporator error, and damage to the bike = none. It's not broken, don't try to fix it.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

WTF

could just be overfilled? happened to me on an older bike. what does the dealer say? (assuming it was a dealership sale)

WTF

I bet your coolant res will look pretty full when you check it, and the puddle you saw came from the overflow tube.

I know a little about everything, and alot about nothing.

WTF

Originally posted by JeffL
    I bet your coolant res will look pretty full when you check it, and the puddle you saw came from the overflow tube.
    i wish, the puddle was on the opposite side and there is a faint trail going down the left side of the bike, i wish it was overflow.

i checked sv rider site and there was a put that says this happens to this bike cause ofthe big twin alot of shit rattles loose.
    so the guy said to tighten a specific screw, i did so i will see what happens.

also how much coolant is usually in a bike cause i would say the puddle it left was a small handful and i dont want to blow up the motor ( i know i am jumping to conclusions but bare with me it is new and i am pessimistic... sorry)

WTF

that's good that the fan came on, it means it's working properly and you got your bike up to operating temperature

you prolly just spit a little coolant out cause it was overfilled a slight amount

if it continues to spit coolant, then you have something to look into but unless it does, don't worry about it

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

WTF

If it continues to leak, you may need to replace the radiator cap and/or the thermostat valve. You should also check all of the coolant hoses. Keep an eye on it.

LRRS#167

Lifer

WTF

Ummm... yah 90-degree twins do not shake themselves apart like Harleys...

Either nothing is wrong or you just had a freak thing and something got bolted together wrong at the factory.

If it's really "friggin brand new" just ride it back to the dealer and tell them to "friggin fix it" since it's under the warranty.

WTF

anyone here have or had an sv and know if there is and where is the coolant res

WTF

My bikes all operate well below the fan kick-in. Some 60 degrees below. I never see the fan on unless some poser talks me into doing the Hampton Beach circuit and I sit at idle for 20mins on a 90 degree summer day.

Frig the res, pull the filler cap from the radiator and look into it!

Do you have a temp read-out? If you are running on the road the air flow will prolly keep your temp down. Stopped in traffic, your fan should take care of the motor.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Lifer

WTF

Originally posted by roso
    i'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest you don't attempt to work on your own bike.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

WTF

Originally posted by roso
    the radiator is the coolant reservoir

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Lifer

WTF

Doesn't it have a small overflow tank/reservoir on the left side of the bike inside the frame???? Memory fails me.

WTF

found the res, it does have one on the right side under the tank, and it is empty i am going to have to pop the tank in order to fill it.

i wont work on the bike i just figured try to tighten the hose clamp see if it helps

to add to shitty situation my fucking rear tires has a few cracks in between the threads so i called the place i bought the bike and they want to see it, they may be even covered under warranty
    but it looks like i wont be riding the piece of shit

man i am pissed

WTF

Like Ben said, if it is 'friggin brand new' they best be friggin' fixing under the warranty. That is, if anything's friggin' wrong with it...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

WTF

visit here for information on SV's, TLR's, and TLS's

Everything you need to know... and plenty that you don't need to know

TL1000R --- For those who like to drive high speed tanks