Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Summer bike trip ideas?

rides bikes

Re: Summer bike trip ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    I could go back to the rock time and time again, but it's also a PITA logistically. When I went last time we went up through Quebec and across on the Trans Lab. Amazing experience on that route.

That whole VA, WV, NC, TN area never gets old for me either. There are so many different variations of roads to explore down there it hasn't gotten dull for me yet. You can stay on 421 after the "Snake" portion and take it all the way into KY. There are really nice country roads to bop around on there. PA has a lot of those as well for that matter in some areas. We looped back through OH into the western side of WV after KY to start our way back north.
    Totally agree on all counts. Newf was a life changing trip and I would go there tomorrow, even without a bike. Given we only had like 9 or 10 days, we trailered the bikes to NS and then threw them on the ferry to NL. That ferry is loooong and not very fun. If you're considering this trip, book early and get a cabin!

When we did WV, VA, TN, NC last year, we honestly had more fun on the no-name back roads than we did on the TOTD and the Snake, granted those were great too. We're also partial to hanging out in smokey dive bars and swapping stories with weirdos, so WV offered plenty of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    Downeast Maine might be decent, you never know what roads in Maine are going to suck from frost heaving though, Adirondack roads are always better condition, Finger lakes and southern tier NY has nice rolling farmlands, with an occasional farmer that crosses the road without turning the shit spreader off

I will be doing more exploring near my brother's camp in northern VT
    I love Maine, but I'm often disappointed with the riding there. I don't know why, but it seems like most of their roads are flat and straight, and the ones that aren't are generally littered with RVs in the summer.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

For me it’s going to be a bucket lister.

Legendary Alpine Passes

Flying into Geneva and about an hour ride to Aix-de-Bain where we’ll pickup our bikes, I’m on a Multistrada V4S. Then 6 days of riding the French, Swiss, and Italian Alps. GPS route is programmed for us, hotels are booked. Going to be an amazing experience.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

rides bikes

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post

Legendary Alpine Passes

Flying into Geneva and about an hour ride to Aix-de-Bain where we’ll pickup our bikes, I’m on a Multistrada V4S. Then 6 days of riding the French, Swiss, and Italian Alps. GPS route is programmed for us, hotels are booked. Going to be an amazing experience.
    Those rental prices aren't that crazy. I just paid the deposit for my Isle of Man rental and every year it gets a little more painful.

Hypertarded

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post

Legendary Alpine Passes

That sounds like a freakin AWESOME trip!! Enjoy

Wish I had some friends whose wifes would allow them to ride motorcycles....

Quote Originally Posted by nick5446 View Post
    Those rental prices aren't that crazy. I just paid the deposit for my Isle of Man rental and every year it gets a little more painful.
    It's a pretty solid deal; the rental price includes the hotels as well!

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    That sounds like a freakin AWESOME trip!! Enjoy

We have a solid system. I get to take off for 10 days and ride motorcycles with the fellas. At another time she's going to Portugal with a friend for a similar length trip. Mostly we do family vacations, of course, we've got two boys @ 8 & 3. But we also feel strongly that we should each have opportunities to pursue our individual hobbies from time to time.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

rides bikes

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    lol....same here. half my friends own motorcycles, but getting away to ride them? Different story

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12